CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I am pretty sure 343 and Esl are pretty much done trying to say anything here on Beyond at this point.

Not trying to take sides or put blame on anyone, but things here just went too far.

I agree. 343 and ESL's incompetent management of this series and game have gone too far.

• Upvote (+1) 4

We could be at a point where 343 employees are literally being told by higher ups not to post/talk about anything involving activities that they have no authority over.

A recent video came out from a former Buzzfield employee.  She was told by her higher ups that she was not allowed to interact with anyone from the public revolving around the show she was working on at the time.  Youtube/Twitter etc. 

Just a hunch.

"Once again Activision owns MLG. Would you risk your prized IP to a company owned by your closet fps competitor?"

But MLG also runs Gears esports.- Zavehi

"That's a third person shooter not a first person shooter. Not in the same category nor same sections of game."

You'll never change Reiku78. SMH.

I swear this guy literally follows vetoed around

I wonder if @@TheSimms and @@GoldenboyFTW get "talked" to for mentioning the beyond forums by name on stream.

Like Mufasa saying to Simba "you must not go there".

• Upvote (+1) 2

Didn't Ghost make a comment about our forums saying sarcastically "we have to hold them accountable" on the stream last weekend?

I would like to bring up the fact that we're told basically the same thing every time in that thread "things didnt go as well as we would've wanted them to, we'll do better" or whatever. Does anyone happen to have any past statements saved by chance? or know where they post these things? Mostly twitter or reddit right?

Didn't Ghost make a comment about our forums saying sarcastically "we have to hold them accountable" on the stream last weekend?

Don't remember what he said but it was bit of disrespectful towards all the communities supporting Halo.

I would like to bring up the fact that we're told basically the same thing every time in that thread "things didnt go as well as we would've wanted them to, we'll do better" or whatever. Does anyone happen to have any past statements saved by chance? or know where they post these things? Mostly twitter or reddit right?

I mean the 100 days later MCC thing basically sums up 343 as a company. Everything is just different shades of that kind of failure

Maybe people wouldn't get so agitated and cross the line if 343 and ESL actually addressed issues in a timely manner. The fiasco last weekend and the forums reaction is on them. They don't ever address anything until they have no choice and even then it's half assed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Maybe people wouldn't get so agitated and cross the line if 343 and ESL actually addressed issues in a timely manner. The fiasco last weekend and the forums reaction is on them. They don't ever address anything until they have no choice and even then it's half assed.

That's also 100% true. If they didn't allow the situation to spiral out of control to begin with and actually fixed things they wouldn't get hit with a quarter of the negativity around here. I mean if esports as a whole laughing at them doesn't tip them off that something probably needs to change idk what will. How long can they brush everything off as if its just twitter trolls that don't really care?

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's also 100% true. If they didn't allow the situation to spiral out of control to begin with and actually fixed things they wouldn't get hit with a quarter of the negativity around here. I mean if esports as a whole laughing at them doesn't tip them off that something probably needs to change idk what will. How long can they brush everything off as if its just twitter trolls that don't really care?

They brushed it off until it got seen by millions of people.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else patiently waiting for the main topic of discussion to be team changes and not all these other issues? So exhausting.

There might not be anymore team discussions if this stuff continues, but yea let it get swept under the rug!

I get it, this isn't fun to talk about and I would love the HCS to be one of the best leagues around - but this mentality is never going to help.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Since the rule book is a "living document", can ESL edit it to take them away from Halo and bring MLG back? Kappa

There might not be anymore team discussions if this stuff continues, but yea let it get swept under the rug!

I get it, this isn't fun to talk about and I would love the HCS to be one of the best leagues around - but this mentality is never going to help.

I completely agree with what's being said in here and the importance of it. I also do really hope it's seen by people involved in the future of halo and that they do something about it.

Just looking forward to some good team talk that's all! *returns to lurking*

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is the exact way I view the situation as well.

If no one got fired for the dumpster fire that was MCC, then no one will ever be punished for anything at 343.  Ever.

I've already said this multiple times throughout other threads on this site, but I have no intention of ever supporting 343 again given what happened with MCC, H5 at launch, and now HWC 2017.  They're a complete joke of a game developer and until they acknowledge, own their mistakes, and COMMUNICATE with the community what their plans are to improve as a developer, then I'm done.

They can't fire people responsible because then there wont be much of a game studio left.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else patiently waiting for the main topic of discussion to be team changes and not all these other issues?

everybody at 343

• Upvote (+1) 9