CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I've heard the horror stories from @@Saucey also, props for you guys trying.

It's ok. Stats aren't a necessity. They're totally not an industry standard in EVERY OTHER ESPORT.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey do you guys remember that one time Bravo said 343 was testing community 4v4 maps including remakes like Ascension and they would be in matchmaking soon?

It's been almost a year I think since that. Guess it takes years to test maps.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Too far as in what? I'd actually like to see some examples of some of us who "went too far."

Beyond is pretty much a Mlg community honestly. Hwc was a disaster (venue,pr) and clear standpoint here is fire Esl (and half of 343), hire Mlg. I cant see anyone from Esl or 343 to reason things here really.

I am not saying I have any solution to all this and I am really just a tired Halo fan who is loosing energy over something what used to be mostly joy and excitement.

THEY'RE AFRAID OF THE FORUMS.

Srs question, for whatever reason they don't engage, how much is it on the community to find ways around this roadblock? And if the responsibility is low, then how much should the desire for change compel the community to find ways around this roadblock?

Not minimizing the attempts so far, just interested in your perspective, as well as others. 

@@Clap

This might be upsetting to hear, but I heard that there were some ESL employee's talking shit about you posting here during their tournament. I can't confirm it, just something that I heard had happened. Pretty upsetting that they would lash out when after such a failure and not realize there mistakes. Reminds me of a certain AAA developer. I really appreciate you showing up here, especially just as a member of the Halo community who happens to work for MLG. It's great to see passion still in you for Halo despite all that's happened. Truly appreciate it and hope to meet you one day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Props for those noticing the lack of care by those at 343i with Beyond, it's clearly an agenda at this point. Sad, but true.

I was told by a 343i employee who has no reason to lie that plenty of devs frequent the forums but dare not post. Not sure how true it is, but I trust that the guy at least believes his coworkers do. So that's something. But it's clear they are doing everything they can to appear to ignore us.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Sometimes you have to talk to your most vocal (and sorry guys but sometimes annoying/rude) constituency in order to truly affect sentiment. You should have seen me on the CSGO Reddit when I was trying to advertise Xgames, our CEVO tournaments, and the Major. It was awful as they blamed us for killing Gotfrag. However, I would say that today, that community appreciates us for our transparent and collaborative approach.

That said, if they do start posting here, be honest but be measured. Things won't repair over night but don't incinerate a bridge if they're willing to talk.

Sometimes you have to go through Hell in the hallway before you get to Heaven. They always talk wonders about MLG on r/GlobalOffensive and remember you were interacting on r/GlobalOffensive, Team Beyond, and running a CoD event at the same time. 

Truly mindblowing, passionate stuff. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sometimes you have to talk to your most vocal (and sorry guys but sometimes annoying/rude) constituency in order to truly affect sentiment. You should have seen me on the CSGO Reddit when I was trying to advertise Xgames, our CEVO tournaments, and the Major. It was awful as they blamed us for killing Gotfrag. However, I would say that today, that community appreciates us for our transparent and collaborative approach.

That said, if they do start posting here, be honest but be measured. Things won't repair over night but don't incinerate a bridge if they're willing to talk.

As someone who has followed CS for a very long time, this couldn't be more accurate. Please run another CSGO event.

• Upvote (+1) 1

THEY'RE AFRAID OF THE FORUMS.

He asked me "What do you think of the Beyond forums" after I said I was a member and posted here a lot and I replied that everyone here are some of the most dedicated players and most faithful fans also most of them have played since the beginning and have a good understanding of how competitive settings should be, and that most of the toxic people can be explained by years of feeling ignored. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Also my first tournament was prior to MLG. I rented out a hotel ballroom in Wheeling, WV in 2003 with my own non existent money as a 22 year old, borrowed 20 mismatching CRTs from family and friends, had a friend make a website, and ran 'Ohio Valley Shoot Out'. No pre registration, no expectations, just a way to find more people to compete against in Halo CE. I ended up giving away $2,000 in prize money and saw a young Xena, Puckett, Gandhi, JMB, Grasshopper, and XXX attend. 

I love Halo, its never been just a check for me.

Amazing. I love hearing all the stories and stuff from the early and even pre-MLG days. When the new Doom launched, I played a lot on Xbox one with Zyos and @MrColek so he was telling me tons of amazing stories. Asked him to explain his mindset for telling Mighty he'd split the prize money if might lost and other stuff. Before OVS, you had completed in another tournament right?

Grasshopper is not a name I have heard of in a LONG time. Wow.. I would have loved to see a curly fro'd out Gandhi at OVS.

We just had a 3 day CE LAN in South NJ. Others often host a few 3 day LANs throughout the year as well. Beach LAN is a whole week, and this year we had two Beach LANs. While the game isn't in the spot light, the old memories as well as the ability to create new ones live on. I hope the Beach LAN is something that lives up to your expectations. We've even followed the Halo 50k for the format. You started this whole movement, I just hope the community can continue it.

Thanks as always for posting here.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm sure they visit (which is awesome for devs that do), but I'm mainly talking about the HCS staff. Where the hell is @@Bravo @@Tashi @@StrongSide etc? Why the silence? Just seems weird at this point since there is no issue communicating with people on NeoGAF and Reddit.

They should be thankful they have somewhere that cares about their league and wants it to grow.

Yeah it's weird. Bravo was big over on reddit. Very strange he wouldn't stop by over here. I think they are honestly just scared because at this point we know how bad it is and aren't sated with a "we'll do better next time." sham on repeat.

you guys still are failing to answer why they should care about a niche forum to begin with.

• Downvote (-1) 27

you guys still are failing to answer why they should care about a niche forum to begin with.

Why do you care? 

While I'd like to have members of 343 post on here and let us know what's going on and give us transparency, I think that ship has sailed.

If they started posting regularly and didnt say what people wanted, they'd get flamed to hell and stop 

I'm sure they visit (which is awesome for devs that do), but I'm mainly talking about the HCS staff. Where the hell is @@Bravo @@Tashi @@StrongSide etc? Why the silence? Just seems weird at this point since there is no issue communicating with people on NeoGAF and Reddit.

They should be thankful they have somewhere that cares about their league and wants it to grow.

Next event I will personally ask them In a calm professional manner then I'll let you know.

• Upvote (+1) 5

While I'd like to have members of 343 post on here and let us know what's going on and give us transparency, I think that ship has sailed.

If they started posting regularly and didnt say what people wanted, they'd get flamed to hell and stop 

I really doubt that, Josh Holmes had the balls to communicate with us (even if we disagree with some of us his stuff) and people kept it cool.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I really doubt that, Josh Holmes had the balls to communicate with us (even if we disagree with some of us his stuff) and people kept it cool.

He was the reason I lurked here in the first place. The memes convinced me to stay. :ace: 

This was also before the @hcsballoons

Ps.: You are right, I think it would be cool, they just won't do it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was supportive all weekend of HWC and only answered questions about MLG when asked on this forum and said nothing negative about the event (other than calling into question why they didn't just embrace it as being at the studio)

Edited the rest. Don't care enough, used to it at this point.

Don't take it personally. Its not you, its just them being them.

Don't know if you get that but theres a lot you and most others dont realize about this company.