CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I can't believe EG is still in pro league in spite of these two amateur teams who may as well be considered pro teams. It doesn't seem fair at this point.

Let's keep blaming eg instead of the team that emailed a fake roster
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Sometimes I wonder if MLG set the bar too high for so long that we are just being unrealistic...then you realize prizing is approaching 3 million? Something not adding up here, I don't fault the casters or volunteers either. This is simply a management issue from TO / 343i.

Also used to work MLG events back in the day, great times and memories. Ironically I was doing stats in 2010...which is still somewhat of an issue with the HCS still. MLG system was great for it then, can't see why it can't be replicated now.

We're not even close to being unrealistic, as a proud member of the Team Beyond Toxic Avengers asking for competent tournament organizers and stream producers for over a year, event after event, while exhausting, is totally reasonable.

• Upvote (+1) 5

i would prefer some of the worlds prize pool put into paying competent production workers. invest in the stream and the in person experience. a million dollar, 75k, or other large prize pool is meaningless if the stream quality and in person experience kills all excitement for the scene

• Upvote (+1) 1

also, STICK BEAST 73, no wonder your controller keeps dying. 1 game at a time friend...

ZZ8vBDD.png

Let's keep blaming eg instead of the team that emailed a fake roster

Two separate issues dude; I considered EG's lack of skill level to make them unqualified for pro league, but that whole fiasco several months ago is an entirely different beast.

Halo at end of hwc 2016 was actually looking like a growing esport that's why people are upset.

This was the biggest open Halo event in a long time, 75k prize pool, don't downplay expectations vs reality, the reality is 3v4i hired the wrong company again (again and again).

ftfy

Sometimes I wonder if MLG set the bar too high for so long that we are just being unrealistic...then you realize prizing is approaching 3 million? Something not adding up here, I don't fault the casters or volunteers either. This is simply a management issue from TO / 343i.

Also used to work MLG events back in the day, great times and memories. Ironically I was doing stats in 2010...which is still somewhat of an issue with the HCS still. MLG system was great for it then, can't see why it can't be replicated now.

How was the system different than just taking a screenshot and writing it down?

Stream is live for those who are still interested in watching this train wreck.

It's kind of exciting to watch just to see how many things go wrong.

Here's to hoping for a (mostly) issue free Championship Sunday. Some very good games on tap!

So basically, someone working one of the FFA stations didn't count to 8 properly for Juziro's wins.  Thus, they bumped Bunnies up to top 24.  They then realized their mistake and couldn't let Bunnies compete.  This happened religiously at the ME Vegas event earlier this year too.  No one should have to go through that.

Just to add a little more info.  This is completely on the volunteer/worker that was in charge of the FFA station at that time.

:mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

ftfy

How was the system different than just taking a screenshot and writing it down?

MLG had station refs write them down on stat sheets and they handed them out to a couple people that entered them all in real time for people to see at the event or from home. I have no idea what they do now, but it's been awfully slow or not done at all. Again, comes down to trying to milk volunteers instead of having an actual staff.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

https://twitter.com/HavokBunnies/status/863785865906204672

So basically, someone working one of the FFA stations didn't count to 8 properly for Juziro's wins. Thus, they bumped Bunnies up to top 24. They then realized their mistake and couldn't let Bunnies compete. This happened religiously at the ME Vegas event earlier this year too. No one should have to go through that.,

:mj:

Do you have to pay to compete in the FFA? If so I'd expect a full refund if this happened to me.

Have they changed the CTF OT rules?

I thought if it was tied 1-1 then capturing a flag wouldn't end the game...

Do you have to pay to compete in the FFA? If so I'd expect a full refund if this happened to me.

If I'm understanding it correctly the only mistake which was made is that he was told he could play in the top 24 when in reality he couldn't?

It's a bit shit to get his hopes up but I'm not sure that really warrants a full refund...

25$ if you had a team and were competing.  $50 if you just played as a spectator.  

If I'm understanding it correctly the only mistake which was made is that he was told he could play in the top 24 when in reality he couldn't?

It's a bit shit to get his hopes up but I'm not sure that really warrants a full refund...

If that's the case then my bad, I misunderstood. I thought he meant as in he had earned a spot through merit but had been bumped from it.

25$ if you had a team and were competing. $50 if you just played as a spectator.

Jesus fucking Christ those prices are ridiculous.

I paid $30 to compete in Brawl at MLG Orlando.

$50 to play a mismanaged FFA?

The dude above who got screwed better have gotten his money back.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Have they changed the CTF OT rules?

I thought if it was tied 1-1 then capturing a flag wouldn't end the game...

I asked this yesterday. It is just an incorrect graphic. CTF rules as usual, first to 3 wins regardless of overtime.