CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This. However, they only do EU.

They've done events in LATAM for Gears and Halo. 

DreamHack was only in EU for the longest and now they do a good amount of events in NA. 

He's cementing his status as Michael Jordan of Halo with this performance.

Someone should Photoshop this picture with Snakebite and Royal 2 if OpTic wins tomorrow.

034dd210dadbbd293044f647c62ec1a4.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

How come the media production was good at worlds but not now?

ESL handled Worlds, this event is handled by people overpaid by $8,999 dollars to run the stream.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I went to the CoD event in Columbus today, MLG's studio is super nice and their production quality is awesome. I sat there and realized that Halo could have that if 343 would get their head out of their ass and realize how they are ruining the games reputation by picking other TO's.

Mlg doesn't want to do one off open lans. If there's no significance there's no interest
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Mlg doesn't want to do one off open lans. If there's no significance there's no interest

It doesn't have to be. Make it like the CWL and make it where you have a series of events that lead up to the world championship. That's how you create story lines that people want to follow is stuff like that. Having one off events that don't amount to anything really, it doesn't allow for a lot of those story lines to be created. That is what MLG is good at doing too and why everyone stays tuned into the esport that they run.

REMINDER:

If Optic wins, SnakeBite is the Michael Jordan of Halo and they're all-time GOATs

If NV wins, it's asterisked because SnakeBite is sick.

you're being sarcastic but this is actually true ...?   if the Jazz had won, there would be an asterisk; because the Bulls won, it was a ridiculously impressive game by Jordan

• Downvote (-1) 1

Snakebite is the best player in the game and its not even close.

Royal 2 ringzzzz would like a word.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would bet a shit ton of money that the reason for MLG not having Halo is on 343s side. I can almost guarantee MLG would welcome Halo back.

I would bet a shit ton of money that the reason for MLG not having Halo is on 343s side. I can almost guarantee MLG would welcome Halo back.

Adam said they are open to the idea, it seems to be 343i vendetta not to use them for whatever reason.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Adam said they are open to the idea, it seems to be 343i vendetta not to use them for whatever reason.

And they can't blame Microsoft, since Microsoft publishes Gears, and who runs Gears?

Oh, right, MLG...

• Upvote (+1) 5

And they can't blame Microsoft, since Microsoft publishes Gears, and who runs Gears?

Oh, right, MLG...

Hey now, that's Reiku line :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

It might be as simple as 343 doesn't want to pay the price that MLG is asking. Because guess what, good production isn't cheap. I know, I know preaching to the choir i got it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They've done events in LATAM for Gears and Halo. 

DreamHack was only in EU for the longest and now they do a good amount of events in NA. 

Aye, but I don't think they are interested in expanding into the NA scene, particularly due to the number of already established TOs there and their launch of their new challenger series. Don't get me wrong, it'd be great, but I just couldn't see it ever happening.

It might be as simple as 343 doesn't want to pay the price that MLG is asking. Because guess what, good production isn't cheap. I know, I know preaching to the choir i got it.

MLG never got a chance to ask a price.

Edit: good production is cheap, but I don't understand why anyone would want to stomach the cost of years or negative publicity.

HCS could have been huge for Halo. The Buzz following Worlds 2016 was electric. It's pretty fitting that Xbox Marketing actually called a lot of the shots back then, and they made sure MLG was at the helm during many of the events that had the most eyes on it. Xgames and NA regionals continue to be the highlights of h5 production.

But once Marketing handed the keys back to the HCS team, everything when down hill.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This event makes me want to watch Gears of War.  Just look at MLG/Gfinity turning a smaller game/community into a quality esport with high turnouts and quality production. This could have been Halo, it should have been Halo  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 2

i can almost gaurentee its because mlg will want actual say in how shit is run and some control over the settings. i bet the pro team would love to work with mlg again but 343 has their multipler staff so compartmentalized that it would be near impossible to work with them. 343 doesnt want to lose control over the hcs where mlg would want to run it with a lan focus and push for hard things like true lan and good maps. what's amazing is that it might be easier for 343 to let go of the hcs and make someone else do the work but they seem intent on "if i cant have it, nobody will." they really are that kid that would rather break his toy than share it.

Group A:
One team in Top 4
One team 5/6th
One team 7/8th
One team 9-12th

Group B:
3 Teams in top 4
One team 7/8th

:thinking:  :thinking:  :thinking:

Would probably look way better if you didn't have teams guaranteed a pro (pool) spot that don't deserve it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i can almost gaurentee its because mlg will want actual say in how shit is run and some control over the settings. i bet the pro team would love to work with mlg again but 343 has their multipler staff so compartmentalized that it would be near impossible to work with them. 343 doesnt want to lose control over the hcs where mlg would want to run it with a lan focus and push for hard things like true lan and good maps. what's amazing is that it might be easier for 343 to let go of the hcs and make someone else do the work but they seem intent on "if i cant have it, nobody will." they really are that kid that would rather break his toy than share it.

I thought of that too, ESL doesn't seem too hung up on the product as long as the check clears. MLG would look to improve the product (setting, gametypes, etc) to benefit everyone involved.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just don't really understand how things are so bad. I'm not sure how someone out there wants HCS to exist so badly that they keep funding it while hiring people who do not give a shit whatsoever. On some level the person investing is an idiot and should've cut their losses long ago or hired people that actually produce good work.