CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's really hard being up all night to watch these events but it's going to be totally worth it to watch Naded play on EG. Please for the love of god just let us listen in an entire match, comms are gonna be lit  :fire:  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 7

Rough first round for EG. I am still maintain hope that they surprise people this weekend.

Warm up against the best, do better among the rest?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Take this with a grain of salt, there might be 50 teams?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Take this with a grain of salt, there might be 50 teams?

The bracket is for 48 teams, doesn't mean the bracket is filled out.

#Loopholes

#TwitterStreamNumbers  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Can somebody pls explain how the pro bracket and am bracket works this tourney ? Or is there an article for this ?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can somebody pls explain how the pro bracket and am bracket works this tourney ? Or is there an article for this ?

if i'm not mistaken, the pool is for seeding only the top 16 will be in champ bracket. i think. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I wouldn't freak out even if there are a small amount of teams, short notice, finals, mothers day, ATL being a month and a half away and announced sooner. This is ok.

TB isn't one of those sites that just jumps to conclusion right?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 9

Regarding number of teams, 40 or so isn't bad given the cirumstances of the date of the event but also the fact that, as much as I love watching HCS, Halo 5 is a shitty game through and through, with a very restrictive format that doesn't allow for much progression from AM to Pro. In what world can we expect MLG-era team numbers when the game a) doesn't work properly and b) wasn't fun to play competitively until very recently?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Considering there's a losers bracket too, doesn't a group stage for seedings seem kind of pointless? We didn't even get that for either worlds ffs

Considering there's a losers bracket too, doesn't a group stage for seedings seem kind of pointless? We didn't even get that for either worlds ffs

in the end, i'd rather randomized pools determining seeding vs a previous season

• Upvote (+1) 2

We see pros on Fridays
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Wasn't there like 2 months notice? stop using lack of notice as an excuse.

I still look forward to the tournaments regardless of Halo 5 being crap, it's still a good watch at highest level of game play.

• Downvote (-1) 1

More than Daytona itself, I'm actually looking forward to seeing if 343 does any hype/announcements towards Dreamhack in July close to Daytona's conclusion.  In my opinion, July Dreamhack event has the opportunity to be one of the biggest Halo 5 events ever.  

The popularity of the Dreamhack name could be extremely beneficial for the scene bringing in a lot of new players and old players alike.  They put on some incredible events.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't freak out even if there are a small amount of teams, short notice, finals, mothers day, ATL being a month and a half away and announced sooner. This is ok.

can we please stop blaming lack of notice? 2 months is a big heads up and more than we've had for anything in a long time. if we really want to blame anything, blame the fact that tis tournament has no effect on pro league at all. that's inexcusable.

top 8 here should be pro league teams period. i would hate to be splyce or oxygen and get top 8 here knowing that it means nothing for the future while watching a team like eg get top 12/16 and still be in pro league