CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You mean the game that has orgs dropping out left and right because of a ridiculous $15 mil buy-in for their league?

yeah no thanks.  I have been playing Paladins over Overwatch lately tbh.  Knock the High-Rez F2P model or whatever, but that game is just more fun despite being lower-budget.

the biggest issue with overwatch to me is that pros are leaving since there is no NA scene right now. no tournaments or league until sometime in q3

I don't know how fun top level overwatch is to play but watching it is so...boring? It's a popular esport because it's a popular game not because I think it's a competitive one.

I have to agree with this assessment, at least for now.  Maybe over time things will get more interesting but of all the competitive fps games i have watched,  i like OW the least (to watch that is)

nV

OG

LIQUID

EG

LG

Str8

Splyce

Team Randa

I hope EG comes out and has an amazing tournament. Unlikely, but one can hope.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I hate the dead time before a Lan starts.

Is it 2 hours or 3 to go? I'm awful with converting time, embarrassingly so.

You mean the game that has orgs dropping out left and right because of a ridiculous $15 mil buy-in for their league?

yeah no thanks.  I have been playing Paladins over Overwatch lately tbh.  Knock the High-Rez F2P model or whatever, but that game is just more fun despite being lower-budget.

nah, I just wanted to shi'pos on Pre-Event Friday.

Hey, I never even came close to implying their dumbshit Esport model was a good idea. I *do* think the game is extremely fun to play

EVENT DAY BOYZZZZZZZZZZZ! :fire: :prayers:

-buncha fuckin rules and shit-

Oh, look. It was Cyren's pre-event time to log into Beyond, tell us what we can and cannot do, then leave.  :lxthul:

I'd say it's your dual threat ability  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is it 2 hours or 3 to go? I'm awful with converting time, embarrassingly so.

4v4 starts in 4 hours, doors open in 1 hour I think.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know what the twins and Towey have told the EG execs for the past couple seasons. EG doesn't own teams this bad in any other esport. Their DOTA team is footing the bill for all of it. It's not gonna last.

I don't know if anyone has commented on this yet, but EG have stuck with PPMD and he hasn't even been to a tournament in over a year. EG seems to be loyal to their players, especially fan favorites.

• Upvote (+1) 1

nah, I just wanted to shi'pos on Pre-Event Friday.

Hey, I never even came close to implying their dumbshit Esport model was a good idea. I *do* think the game is extremely fun to play

lol i thought maybe you just hadn't heard about it yet.

Blizzard is really fucking up RN though with that.  I enjoyed Overwatch for a bit until i realized that i only like to play like 3 characters (Soldier, D.Va, Lucio).  Instead of focusing on trying to milk the league for all its worth they should focus on creating a spectator system that actually makes the game watchable. right now its really  a hot mess to watch.

Thats a major advantage that Halo has strayed from in the last 2 iterations.  The simplicity of game-play makes Halo (potentially) the easiest FPS to understand from a casual viewer perspective.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Blizzard is really fucking up RN though with that.  I enjoyed Overwatch for a bit until i realized that i only like to play like 3 characters (Soldier, D.Va, Lucio).  Instead of focusing on trying to milk the league for all its worth they should focus on creating a spectator system that actually makes the game watchable. right now its really  a hot mess to watch.

I haven't watched much, if any, competitive play.

Do they have a top-down view? I figure some sort of setup where they can follow the action from that perspective would give a more whole idea of what is going on and how teams are setting up. I could imagine OW being very chaotic to spectate.

lol i thought maybe you just hadn't heard about it yet.

Blizzard is really fucking up RN though with that. I enjoyed Overwatch for a bit until i realized that i only like to play like 3 characters (Soldier, D.Va, Lucio). Instead of focusing on trying to milk the league for all its worth they should focus on creating a spectator system that actually makes the game watchable. right now its really a hot mess to watch.

Thats a major advantage that Halo has strayed from in the last 2 iterations. The simplicity of game-play makes Halo (potentially) the easiest FPS to understand from a casual viewer perspective.

I actually think one of the benefits of h5 is its clarity. Despite the hectic movement, everything on screen is identifiable and easy to understand. Theres a clean aspect to the HUD, shooting, and sound. H4 was cluttered and chaotic.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Do they have a top-down view? I figure some sort of setup where they can follow the action from that perspective would give a more whole idea of what is going on and how teams are setting up. I could imagine OW being very chaotic to spectate.

It is definitely chaotic if you're a first time viewer, but then games like LoL are hot mess if you're watching it for the first time (I was actually wetting myself laughing with my brother the first time I watched League on MLG). The better producers use a mixer of 3rd person and 1st when the action kicks off. The skillcap is insanely high on some of the heroes though so once you get over the very small learning curve of not being perplexed why the monkey plays differently from the time traveling chick it's super entertaining. From today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipr7-snlVdM

Having said that they are actually employing an 'esports observer' to help move things in the right direction. Hard to imagine but even though they've smashed our concurrent numbers already this is still relatively early in the games lifespan as an esport. OW League is going to be massive, it's really just the scale of how big it will be which is the $15 million dollar question. Hopefully MLG being part of the mix won't mean streaming exclusivity as that's one of the few places I could see it really fucking up.

OT- EG top4.

• Upvote (+1) 2

can we not talk politics this weekend? this is the one place i'm able to escape from it

Agreed.

So who do you think comes home with most Perfects this weekend?

I'm thinking Stellur.

Nope.  First person PoV switching FTW!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agreed.

I'm thinking Stellur.

My heart says Roy, my brain says Snakebite.

Ima go with Roy

• Upvote (+1) 4

Agreed.

I'm thinking Stellur.

The fellow Canadian, Royal 2.

• Upvote (+1) 4

OT- EG top4.

May I ask on what basis do you put the team that has scrimmed the least top 4?