CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I haven't been keeping as close of an eye on scrims for awhile, but here's my Daytona prediction based on rosters and feel.

1st: Optic

- Even on new settings, until proven otherwise, they're the best and that can't be questioned.

2nd: Splyce

- Definitely my most 'feel' team, as I don't have really have anything to back this prediction. They've got a lot of up and coming talent, and I think they'll strive really well on the new settings.

3rd: EnVy

- With ARs gone, players like Snip3down and Mikwen will be allowed to outplay opponents very well. With Huke coming from CoD, and then starting Halo 5 with ARs, I think he has the potential to have a rough event, causing them to drop from the 2 spot.

4th: Liquid

- They play the same consistent style they always do. Just unfortunately happen to run into an on-fire Splyce causing the worse placing. Other teams playing amazing =/= your team played bad.

5th/6th: Str8 Rippin

- I think the loss of Renegade will hurt them a lot more on LAN then they realize. Danoxide can be very up or down. I think Dan's performance will be the biggest factor in determining how this team places. If he's on fire, I see Top 3. If he's struggling, I could see as low as 7th/8th.

5th/6th: Luminosity

- Seems like their honeymoon phase finally ended and they've evened out back into the pack. Last time Tripppey was on LG, they got swept by EG to finish 7th/8th. 

7th/8th: Cryptik/TBD

- Talent is too good. Ryanoob and Contra are going to shine on the new settings. The real question marks with this team are Nemassist and Dastroyed, as they have yet to prove themselves on LAN. I think they'll show up enough to help this team reach Top 8.

7th/8th: Era Eternity (Commonly, Prototype, BxbyJ, Randa)

- Randa is BACK?!? Prototype and BxbyJ have been slowly on the rise, both coming closer and closer to pro league, and I think they have the talent to defeat Ronin or EG. Sidenote: I do think this team will be even more dangerous when PreDevonator and El Town rejoin the team.

9th-12th:

Ronin

- Where some players have been rising up the ranks lately, we've seen the opposite for the majority of this roster. Cratos goes without saying. Suspector is still trying to find the same success he found from Worlds 2016. And Spartan most recently has fallen back off after the great run he had with Liquid during the Fall Season. Str8 Sick is a player back on the rise, and if he were to join a team like Cryptik, I think that team would be much more dangerous.

Evil Geniuses

- EG has been trending downwards since X-Games. The revolving door of roster changes that don't involve the twins or Towey has not fixed their issues, and until something in that core 3 changes, I don't see EG altering their trajectory downwards.

DoZe (Gabriel, Munoz, Chaser, King Nick)

- Impressive loser's run in the last online qualifier. One of the better AM teams outside the Top 10 right now.

Atria United (Kaiss, TireIron, Musa, Brainstrm)

- Another top AM team, but not quite there to reach Top 8.

13th-16th:

Wise: (Cloud, Tizoxic, Juziro, Articc)

Levitate: (Hoaxer, Stress, Rob The Turtle, Ferro2Clutch)

Virtual Storm Black: (Ryno, Dynamics, Common, Climax)

Lethal: (Blaze, vtec, Eli Elite, Triton)

Articc is really good at least online. I could legit see him breaking into pro league within the next 2 seasons if he gets a good team.

3rd: EnVy

- With ARs gone, players like Snip3down and Mikwen will be allowed to outplay opponents very well. With Huke coming from CoD, and then starting Halo 5 with ARs, I think he has the potential to have a rough event, causing them to drop from the 2 spot.

This makes no sense to me. You can't honestly believe that Huke will be effected by the removal of AR's to the extent you're suggesting because of a game he hasn't played competitively in 1.5-2 years? If you want to say he'll have a bad event, you're entitled to, but please don't say it will be because of CoD when he placed 4th at World's 2016 not too long after leaving CoD, and 2nd at World's 2017 with by far less autos in competitive play. 

Now, everyone knows that Penguin's (I will never say SubZero (sorry not sorry)) auto usage really helped him get to be the player that he is, IN HALO, yet you don't list that as a detriment to his game?

Consistency in your argument is all that I ask if you're going to say that the removal of autos will effect one player more than another.

Edit: Not in anyway suggesting Penquin will have a bad event.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I specifically messaged that to your teammate Paradise. The same Paradise who made a fake twitter to solely make racist jokes and remarks about other people in the community. The same person that has been messaging and tweeting me shit talk since the dawn of H5. The same kid who went 1-9 in a game I went 8-0 in, so yeah, I'll call him dog shit. I'm pretty sure I messaged "GGs" to you.

EDIT: After speaking with the individual I mixed his gamertag up with someone named "Predator." My mistake I spoke to paradise and apologized. 

O ok lol, we cool.  I downvoted when i read the false stuff, didn't see the EDIT at that point so dont take the down vote serious.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1. OG

2. nV

3. Liquid
4. Splyce
5/6. LG

5/6. Str8

7/8. Cryptic

7/8. Ronin

9-12. EG

9-12. Wise

9-12. Atria United

9-12. DoZe

1. OG

2. nV

3. Liquid

4. Splyce

5/6. LG

5/6. Str8

7/8. Cryptic

7/8. Ronin

9-12. EG

9-12. Wise

9-12. Atria United

9-12. DoZe

Agreed but put EG above Ronin
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I'm too stoked about the AM drama - this reminds me of the good ol' days of people claiming to be "semi-pro" and whatnot.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just to give my opinion on this, I feel like the best players that were AM players are the ones that got promoted to the pro scene. Trippey, Sayian, Shotzzy and Renegade were the best AM players and are now on pro teams.

The AMs that say "We don't get that chance" ect, maybe just aren't good enough. If you don't have that incredible individual skill, you won't stick out. Why should you get that chance but others in the same position as you shouldn't

I think players should see that they just aren't good enough to be on that level. Not "we don't get the chance/Pros are trying to keep us out". The best players are on the pro teams (there are some very small exceptions like Ryanoob/Contra but you get the point).

So true. It's like a football player from the lower English leagues complaining about not getting the chance at Manchester utd just for the sake of it. If you're good enough you will get a chance. Not out of pity but out of merit

Just to give my opinion on this, I feel like the best players that were AM players are the ones that got promoted to the pro scene. Trippey, Sayian, Shotzzy and Renegade were the best AM players and are now on pro teams.

The AM players that say "We don't get that chance" ect, maybe just aren't good enough. If you don't have that incredible individual skill, you won't stick out. Why should you get that chance but others in the same position as you, shouldn't.

I think players should see that they just aren't good enough to be on that level. Not "we don't get the chance/Pros are trying to keep us out". The best players are on the pro teams (there are some very small exceptions like Ryanoob/Contra but you get the point).

So true. It's like a football player from the lower English leagues complaining about not getting the chance at Manchester utd just for the sake of it. If you're good enough you will get a chance. Not out of pity but out of merit

Yes and no. When you have players grandfathered in from a Pro League that was months ago, you could argue that other players which are better are being kept out. For instance, choosing between Cratos/Str8 Sick or Roybox vs. Ryanoob/Contra as a duo might seem like a tight call, but given who has the PL spot makes a huge difference. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

top 8

OG

NV

LIQ

LG

SPLY

STR8

EG

RONIN

LG shows up on lan, and trippey was the player they needed to stop choking leads like they did in vegas when they had NV on the ropes.

Was not happy with splyce picking up renegade not that he is not amazing, i just love a good veteran/young player mix. it has been the winning formula in literally every halo.

EG with naded should be fun should have picked up artic or kaotic instead of falcated love falcated but i like the relationship between artic/kaotic and ogre 2. and tbh Kaotic is one of the best players i have ever played with, the only thing holding him back is a bad game,and his age. Given the chance (a salary to prove he has a future in gaming) he would have been amazing on EG.

Excited to see how LIQ does on lan with new settings, zane has a super underrated long range pistol shot, played against him a bunch and it is nasty.

i expect NV to make roster changes if they finish anything below 3rd at Atlanta and Daytona, i think out of anyone, they have the most pressure to perform now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. OG

2. nV

3. Liquid

4. Splyce

5/6. LG

5/6. Str8

7/8. Cryptic

7/8. Ronin

9-12. EG

9-12. Wise

9-12. Atria United

9-12. DoZe

My list would be the same but with liquid and nV flipped.

I feel like no one gives LG any credit. Can definitely see them causing some upsets under new settings. Toping for LG top 3.

I just don't trust ninja in tight games. he always seems out of position, and doesn't hit the clutch shots. (Missing that snipe on renegade in game 7 was inexcusable.)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The AM players that say "We don't get that chance" ect, maybe just aren't good enough. If you don't have that incredible individual skill, you won't stick out. Why should you get that chance but others in the same position as you, shouldn't.

AND you have to have a good attitude also. There are people that have the skill, but not the other. Linking a classic from Formal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stq65J0spjE

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey beyonders. Made another montage last night. Watch it. Like it. Upvote it. :kappa:

Seriously though I'd appreciate every view! As always, very minimal editing. Just a bunch of my clips compiled together with music in the background. But I will say that the song transition is ...

Good stuff man. Happy to see I wasn't one of your victims.  :D

• Upvote (+1) 1