CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Anybody worried about the lack of teams showing up for an East Coast event?

Dreamhack Atlanta will be well attended

• Upvote (+1) 3

How many viewers does Ninja get roughly during scrims? I noticed he's only getting about 2k when he streams PUGB

How many viewers does Ninja get roughly during scrims? I noticed he's only getting about 2k when he streams PUGB

The majority of his viewers are during the day. Its weird to me that he'll have 5-6k at 2pm est but it trails off at night

"We see a lot of questions about "Heavy Aim", so I thought I’d clear a few things up with my limited understanding of the issue. I don’t work directly with the folks who are actively working on the fix, so I’m not going to go super into detail."

Honestly after this I lost faith in anything of any substance being written after it, but I read it anyway. I was right. Talk about dancing around the issue.

• Downvote (-1) 20

• "We won’t release it till it meets our quality bar"

ezgif-2-a1c317408d.gif

Then why did Halo 5 and MCC launch  :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo MM completely destoryed for anybody else?

Taking ages to find games, 30 mins each time and keeps putting me in silver, but on my own. Just played 3 games of 1v4 in a row. Nobody was on my team from the start or when I look at leaderboards after the game.

"We see a lot of questions about "Heavy Aim", so I thought I’d clear a few things up with my limited understanding of the issue. I don’t work directly with the folks who are actively working on the fix, so I’m not going to go super into detail."

Honestly after this I lost faith in anything of any substance being written after it, but I read it anyway. I was right. Talk about dancing around the issue.

Weird. I GAINED faith after he said that, because he was being open and honest.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Meh, the first thing he said was designed to remove himself from actually having to know or even sound like he knows what he's talking about. The rest was a whole lot of bullet points saying nothing of any substance "It's a state players get in to" "it's a temporary state". Everybody is that used to getting spoke to in 343 spin doctor if at all that they actually think they're getting updates. I'm sure it will all be fixed soon though, soon.

• Downvote (-1) 18

So a guy who's job is to work on matchmaking and ranking, not aiming, giving is the most direct update we have had so far is a bad thing? What a load of horseshit.

If you are going to complain, complain that the message had to come from someone in a tertiary department that actually gives a shit about the quality of his product instead of the actual department that is fixing the problem. or the fact that Josh Menke, a machine learning engineer, is doing a better job at community managment than the ACTUAL FUCKING COMMUNITY MANAGER. Those are legit complaints.  Menke is the best thing to happen to 343 since they became a company.

Poor guy. Should get out of there while he still can. It would be great if heavy aim was actually to be fixed. That remains to be seen. It would go a good way in alleviating one of the issues that have plagued this game since Day 1.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This. All of this. The difference Menke has made in the past few months is astounding. He has been incredibly upfront with us and has seemingly pushed changes in multiple parts of this game, not merely just his area of expertise. 343 should thank their lucky stars that Menke decided to come back because he is righting this ship

I am convinced that he is the reason that Auto's are out of competitive.  He is certainly the guy who ran the numbers to find that starting at Diamond level, there was no skill gap with the AR.  That statistical analysis alone makes it a lot easier sell to the guys at 343 that make those decisions.  From hearing him describe it, it sounds like the sandbox/HCS guys asked him to look at it, which is a good sign all around IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I noticed he's only getting about 2k when he streams PUGB

Personally not seen him below 4K this week with PUBG.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ok well they need to test it ONLINE. I bet a large issue with it in the first place is all their testing is done internally on the dev kits, which 100% didn't use to have it especially at the earlier events. Didn't really notice it at events until after the first worlds. 

This 100%.

I bet there testing it on lan I mean the MCC appeared to not be broken because it was played on lan it needs to be tested online as well cause that's where the issues exist.

This 100%.

I bet there testing it on lan I mean the MCC appeared to not be broken because it was played on lan it needs to be tested online as well cause that's where the issues exist.

lol, that was a lie they knew it was busted

• Upvote (+1) 2