CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

has no one posted in 2 hours? wow

I used to have to tryhard to lurk at work, now its no big deal.....feelsbadman....

• Downvote (-1) 1

They could be on alts...

Ive seen them all get on discord for a few hours before without any activity on their main xbl accounts. So idk if they might be on alts or not but i just want daytona to get here already and see how they do.

this guy is a troll but I have to admit ... I'm a little uneasy.  do HWC 2016 and HWC 2017 maybe have a tiny asterisk next to them?  like that MLG tournament in H2 that was slayer-only; not the ideal competitive settings, so it's not really taken as seriously as a tournament victory.  

we all agree that previous settings were way less competitive, right?  so victories on the previous settings would necessarily be less meaningful, right?

Does god squad instinct have an asterisk next to their event wins because they played/won prior to NBNS? No? Do their wins mean less? Considering the last time the whole comparison of OG to 07 FB came up most people weren't even putting them on Instincts level, which in my eyes their reign wasn't even long, it was like 2 events over 3-4months, a loss, and then a championship. Impressive sure, but so is what Optic/CLGs accomplished. Its been a battle of 2nd place pretty much the entirety of H5, its rarely been a question of "will ___ beat Optic" but "will Optic 4-0 ___" or not in the grandfinals of pretty much everything. 

So this claims T2 is the coach of STR8. Which probably means he's not casting. Gotta be honest I'm pretty disappointed if this really is the second time this community has pushed out a caster, and by every standard, T2 has been a great one.

Id have to hear from @@Tsquared beforeclaiming that beyond caused esl to fire him and force him into coaching. Esl employees (outside os simms) dont even post here so i doubt theyd fire a popular caster because of str8gate. I mean he's casting the lcq. Its more likely that he wants to coach the org he owns to a win

If this is true, how is this on the community? Remember Adams posts - http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/14817-halo-world-championship-2017-teams-seeds-and-discussion%E2%80%8F/?view=findpost&p=920643 http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/14817-halo-world-championship-2017-teams-seeds-and-discussion%E2%80%8F/?view=findpost&p=920652

Even if T2 was a 3rd party contractor or whatever, wouldn't it still be on ESL for hiring/outsourcing/agreeing to let T2 cast? Or can anyone just show up and cast that wants to? Like really, come on now.

Also, the 2nd caster the community has casted out? who was the first and you better not say goldenboy.

"Beyond caused ESL to fire Tsquared" is a funny way to spell "Tsquared's conflict of interest caused him to be ineligible to work for ESL"

• Upvote (+1) 4

They didn't ask t2 because theyre already upping the prize pool, and are flying out uk casters. Too much money to spread. T2 costs a ton to cast.

Or he's just coaching for one event and don't think too much about it.

"Beyond caused ESL to fire Tsquared" is a funny way to spell "Tsquared's conflict of interest caused him to be ineligible to work for ESL"

Stuff like this is why this discussion is dying.......i've noticed less and less people have been posting here...conflict of interest with 1 team caused him to not cast AT all....you're very troubled sir...

I don't blame the hiatus, I'm about to join it.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Stuff like this is why this discussion is dying.......i've noticed less and less people have been posting here...conflict of interest with 1 team caused him to not cast AT all....you're very troubled sir...

lmao what, it's my fault that people are posting here less?

If you think me pointing out that T2 working for ESL while also being an owner of one of the teams might be a bit suspect is worth leaving the forum over, please don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Accidental up vote

Your post makes no sense.... don't blame the hiatus....

T2 is literally casting halo today

• Upvote (+1) 2

I highly enjoy T2's casting when he's not calling Str8 matches. It is just an objectively questionable idea to have the co-owner of one of a league's teams on its payroll.

Don't blame the people pointing out such an obvious talking point, blame T2 for trying to have his cake and eat it too.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I highly enjoy T2's casting when he's not calling Str8 matches. It is just an objectively questionable idea to have the co-owner of one of a league's teams on its payroll.

Don't blame the people pointing out such an obvious talking point, blame T2 for trying to have his cake and eat it too.

As much as i dont want to agree...in a professional sense you are correct.

But i also want my cake and eat it too...i want str8 and i want elamite and T2!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

As much as i dont want to agree...in a professional sense you are correct.

But i also want my cake and eat it too...i want str8 and i want elamite and T2!!!!

I want Chig, Dersky, Neighbor, etc. back as pros.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe I'm in the minority but I enjoy listening to announcers with a bias. Baseball announcers for home teams are definitely more invested in their teams success vs the other teams and I enjoy listening to that more

• Upvote (+1) 6

t2 has never shown any bias though. The only issue was when Ghost kept bringing it up.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Maybe I'm in the minority but I enjoy listening to announcers with a bias. Baseball announcers for home teams are definitely more invested in their teams success vs the other teams and I enjoy listening to that more

I was just about to say this. Caster bias doesn't bother me in the slightest. I don't see why it's an issue, it's not as if they have any impact on the series outcome. They are simply talking about what they see on screen- with added emotion because they are more invested in the outcome.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey look, ESL being shitty at running tournaments!

Haven't seen that before.

343, drop ESL, they can't run an event. Make a good fucking Halo game and get MLG back.

Sweet baby jesus look at the example you're giving, actually look at it. The whole post is basically back peddling from "now I know we should be banned". They're an AM team looking to get into a Pro League, sorry boys blatant racism in that form (even if it's for 'a reaction') isn't going to cut it.

MLG is great but to say ESL can't run events is so stupid and sells any point you have down the river appealing to emotion. ESL run great events, I literally just finished watching one. I beg we ignore the stadium of people half way round the world being watched by near 200k people for an AM team trying to wriggle out of the fact one of their players is a pile of trash.

sktrklo00vvy.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

true, it's really common in T-sPorts*

so long as the production makes it clear that T2 is involved with str8 i have zero issue with him casting str8 matches, t2 is our most recognizable caster so it's important to have him on screen as much as possible 

*(traditional sports)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sweet baby jesus look at the example you're giving, actually look at it. The whole post is basically back peddling from "now I know we should be banned". They're an AM team looking to get into a Pro League, sorry boys blatant racism in that form (even if it's for 'a reaction') isn't going to cut it.

MLG is great but to say ESL can't run events is so stupid and sells any point you have down the river appealing to emotion. ESL run great events, I literally just finished watching one. I beg we ignore the stadium of people half way round the world being watched by near 200k people for an AM team trying to wriggle out of the fact one of their players is a pile of trash.

sktrklo00vvy.jpg

SK IS BACK!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everytime I watch a CS event, I can't help but think that it's everything right that halo could be (maybe just for worlds). But you would expect that since it's so popular for a reason

And that I would want anything like these events for worlds

as long as 343/Microsoft continue down this road of redefining Halo, and at the same time release games that don't work properly, then Halo will never be what CS is. Hell we barley keep up with Gears nowadays. 

Spartan Ability Halo will always be trash.

• Downvote (-1) 1