CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Im a little lost. What teams arent going to daytona. I know cratos said his team wasnt but then they got an org, so they should be making the trip. Who else isnt going?

Im a little lost. What teams arent going to daytona. I know cratos said his team wasnt but then they got an org, so they should be making the trip. Who else isnt going?

a handful of general am teams/players

i think attendance will be just fine tbh, atl will obviously have more teams tho

One other thing I would like to see implemented. Is that if someone goes to beat you down and you thrust back, their flying lunge should be nullified.

While were at it:

Remove spartan charge

Remove/fix heavy aim

Fix spectator mode

and Bring back oddball

This is in addition to the removal of ground, and fixing the bullshit lunges.

Then we may actually find ourselfs with a decent halo playlist. The overall game will still be dog shit. But there will at least be this playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

There is no question they have to disable GP from competitive now. 

An unnecessary movement that when removed fixes a long standing issue. It HAS to be removed, they have no leg to stand on.

The real question is whether or not disabling other pointless abilities fixes other issues. Perhaps disabling all abilities corrects heavy aim? (imagine)

I'm just curious why this is being said now? We've actually known this for more than a year and nobody cared until they saw that video. I've wanted it gone forever but did people actually just not know?

a handful of general am teams/players

i think attendance will be just fine tbh, atl will obviously have more teams tho

Hopefully everyone ends up there. 75k and a wider prize distribution makes for a good time

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just curious why this is being said now? We've actually known this for more than a year and nobody cared until they saw that video. I've wanted it gone forever but did people actually just not know?

Mixture of both,

I personally play with it off, alongside auto stabilize. So I personally just forgot this was a thing.I am stunned the pro's didn't realize until recently.

Mixture of both,

I personally play with it off, alongside auto stabilize. So I personally just forgot this was a thing.I am stunned the pro's didn't realize until recently.

I just wish that 343 could take a second and stop when they get to the point of adding input delay on actions so that their new movement option actually works on a controller. If that isn't where you realize you're trying to do too much and need to stop I don't know where it happens.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I just wish that 343 could take a second and stop when they get to the point of adding input delay on actions so that their new movement option actually works on a controller. If that isn't where you realize you're trying to do too much and need to stop I don't know where it happens.

Something tells me, we are going to find out in halo 6.

Never heard of this - got any more info?

Sure:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6-PrFNYOJzU

One thing to notice is that it would be hard to enforce a rule against doing it on raid because both spots shown are valid defensive positions even without the glitch. The first position has generous cover and a line of sight on the left third of the map if the enemy team tries to push up and the second position also has good cover and can watch if the enemy team tries to get too aggressive on the middle. Therefore, it's not easy to enforce like it would be if the glitch required you to stare straight into the sky or something.

• Upvote (+1) 1

While were at it:

Remove spartan charge

Remove/fix heavy aim

Fix spectator mode

and Bring back oddball

This is in addition to the removal of ground, and fixing the bullshit lunges.

Then we may actually find ourselfs with a decent halo playlist. The overall game will still be dog shit. But there will at least be this playlist.

Oddball was one of my favorite modes. 

So much fun. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Idea: GP is triggered by holding down both bumpers.

Edit: as in the buttons used for melee and grenade throw

H5s controls are already convoluted enough, imo.

If they want to keep GP, there's really only one option I can think of:

When the melee button is pressed, perform the melee immediately, if it continues to be pressed and no melee has connected, start the GP.

They've Got to stop with this long drawn out animations that slow down input responce.

Imagine if Halo had a world league format like COD.  All pro teams attend LANs in locations spread across the world, regular matches between NA/EU/ANZ/LATAM teams.

I cant even imagine how awesome it would be for us non-NA folk to be able to see the likes of Optic and NV play live.

Not likely to happen anytime soon but would be so good.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I must have been reading the numbers wrong

u3i3okm.gif

May I ask why the pros wanted a Tac Mag bottom-mid on Truth? Shouldn't the reward of obtaining the bottom-mid weapon be at least equal to the risk required to obtain it? I can't imagine anyone going out of their way for the Tac Mag.

Am I the only person who thinks the Tac Mag is worth that risk? Completely silenced shots off-radar, better range than the standard magnum. Combine that with SA-only radar and you have a deadly combo.

One other thing I would like to see implemented. Is that if someone goes to beat you down and you thrust back, their flying lunge should be nullified.

Do you think it'd be a decent trade-off if the person using melee follows you back with your lunge but just does 0 damage, instead of the follow + melee damage currently?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you think it'd be a decent trade-off if the person using melee follows you back with your lunge but just does 0 damage, instead of the follow + melee damage currently?

God this just killed me a little inside.

I mean this is where halo is at.

Where we have to make comprises like this. Why can't they just fix their broken mechanics, like many other competent developers do regularly.  

No instead we have to find the middle ground, where the situation isn't solved, but is improved upon.

I mean sure it is progress, but it leaves a sour taste.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Yeah I hate this.  I've juked someone side to side before but not back after they've locked on

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its amazing that for as long as we've been asking about oddball, there's been no movement to try and test it and bring it back

Its amazing that for as long as we've been asking about oddball, there's been no movement to try and test it and bring it back

Is there an oddball gamevariant available?

u3i3okm.gif

Am I the only person who thinks the Tac Mag is worth that risk? Completely silenced shots off-radar, better range than the standard magnum. Combine that with SA-only radar and you have a deadly combo.

Anything would be better than what it is now. It feels like it should be an outplay if you predict when your enemy is going to melee, instead they get a God lunge.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is there an oddball gamevariant available?

I honestly dont know. If there is I've never heard of it in a playlist. Is there a way to create your own oddball type game?

I honestly dont know. If there is I've never heard of it in a playlist. Is there a way to create your own oddball type game?

yes there is, from what I've heard the only reason it is not tested for competitive is because there are no lines for the announcer

Oddball is incredibly easy to make in H5, they just didn't gave it any voice lines.

• Upvote (+1) 4

But there isnt really an input delay? The sens just feels slower. It's not like the reticule isn't moving when you move the stick. The response is the same, it's just not moving as far/smooth as it would normally.

No, it's both. Try flicking back and forth fast you'll notice that it is not as responsive as if you play a game with less "Heavy aim". And it's also slower. And that you can "test" easier when you turn around.

• Upvote (+1) 1

God this just killed me a little inside.

I mean this is where halo is at.

Where we have to make comprises like this. Why can't they just fix their broken mechanics, like many other competent developers do regularly.

No instead we have to find the middle ground, where the situation isn't solved, but is improved upon.

I mean sure it is progress, but it leaves a sour taste.

Why get mad at 343 for a hypothetical solution that nobody is ever going to implement?

I get getting upset over real things but you are literally taking a made up solution and getting mad at a imaginary 343.

Nobody is making compromises because these solutions are not going to happen. Nor would something like that fix the issue anyways.

Focus on the real issues. Don't get all salty over hypothetical situations just because you want to make snide little remarks to people you don't like.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why get mad at 343 for a hypothetical solution that nobody is ever going to implement?

I get getting upset over real things but you are literally taking a made up solution and getting mad at a imaginary 343.

Nobody is making compromises because these solutions are not going to happen. Nor would something like that fix the issue anyways.

Focus on the real issues. Don't get all salty over hypothetical situations just because you want to make snide little remarks to people you don't like.

My remarks, were mainly referring to previous comprises i.e

Instead of getting rid of radar, we get a watered down version.

In addition snakebite has previously said, they put players in a situation where they have to choose between two bad situations,

I could keep going.

Sorry if that wasn't clear for you. (granted i didn't necessarily refer to those previous instances prior to this)

• Upvote (+1) 2