CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

No surprise. The "lag" is the game waiting to see if you are holding melee for a GP.

If they wanted to tie them to the same button, they should always do a melee when the button is touched, then add GP to the end of the melee of the player doesn't let go.

Someone suggested in TJ's chat that Instead of the GP button being tied in with the melee button, you should GP when you auto stabilize, kinda like you are warming up your jetpacks for the GP

any top 16 level player who doesn't go to daytona is directly contributing to the death of competitive halo

just my two cents

blame hcs for giving people no notice, like usual

stop blaming the community

Not a fan of ghost as a caster...wish we had t2 and elamite but after str8 gate we kind of ruined that for ourselves hey

i think the hwc venue controversy was a contributing factor as well

or maybe they are just busy that weekend, but it does feel weird that they wont be at daytona

• Upvote (+1) 2

Someone suggested in TJ's chat that Instead of the GP button being tied in with the melee button, you should GP when you auto stabilize, kinda like you are warming up your jetpacks for the GP

Could work with some tweaks. Would shooting someone in mid air knock them out of GP?

There is also the issue of differentiating between when someone is trying to aim down and trying to GP.

It's also already pretty awkward that auto stabilize is tied to zooming in.

blame hcs for giving people no notice, like usual

stop blaming the community

I think this is a fair statement.

I thought it would be interesting to see how many orgs from last CoD Worlds have been in halo:

rhoFNq7.png

Current:

In the past year:

17 out of the 32

any top 16 level player who doesn't go to daytona is directly contributing to the death of competitive halo

just my two cents

agreed. if it were mandatory theyd be there, so i dont want to hear that excuse. People wanted east coast, and more money, got it, and now they wont go.

How do these ams get orgs to cover cost, but better players don't?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Roster lock in 24 hours :O

Is this valid for EU as well?  Seems harsh to announce whats happening two days before roster lock.

Is this valid for EU as well?  Seems harsh to announce whats happening two days before roster lock.

Welcome to 343

I think this is a fair statement.

Wasn't it announced at the end of March? Over 2 months seems more than reasonable notice for an event on the 'right' side of the country.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

The more i think about it, essentially combining eu and pro league finals into a single dreamhack tournament is pretty cool.

Since 2 EU teams won't get to participate, it would have been nice for those guys to have a LAN to determine who gets to go.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wasn't it announced at the end of March? Over 2 months seems more than reasonable notice for an event on the 'right' side of the country.

it wasn't over two months, they gave exactly 6 weeks notice

in the overall hcs scheme, daytona is essentially meaningless

if you can only afford one event, the decision is a no brainer

if this event were in the north east it would have great attendance, instead they chose to host two halo events in pretty much the same exact spot 2 months apart

oh yeah and team passes are 250 bucks

the only thing this event has going for it imo is UMG

we should get 3 months notice for events, at minimum 

The more i think about it, essentially combining eu and pro league finals into a single dreamhack tournament is pretty cool.

Since 2 EU teams won't get to participate, it would have been nice for those guys to have a LAN to determine who gets to go.

I know what you mean.  Top 4 going to dreamhack is very cool but those placings being decided by 5 online matches is less than ideal.

What would be ideal would be an open LAN with seeding determined by pro league with top 4 going to dreamhack, something to think about for Fall season  ;)

it wasn't over two months, they gave exactly 6 weeks notice

in the overall hcs scheme, daytona is essentially meaningless

if you can only afford one event, the decision is a no brainer

if this event were in the north east it would have great attendance, instead they chose to host two halo events in pretty much the same exact spot 2 months apart

oh yeah and team passes are 250 bucks

the only thing this event has going for it imo is UMG

we should get 3 months notice for events, at minimum

http://www.dexerto.com/news/2017/03/31/umg-announce-75000-halo-open-event/

Maybe I'm missing something but that's from the end of March.

Edit: ignore me I'm on my phone, can't count and brain dead af

• Upvote (+1) 1

Daytona would've been better if results from the event had some impact on pro league. Like a points system tying LAN to pro league or even to the weekly am legendary cups.

Meaning teams have to go

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know what you mean. Top 4 going to dreamhack is very cool but those placings being decided by 5 online matches is less than ideal.

What would be ideal would be an open LAN with seeding determined by pro league with top 4 going to dreamhack, something to think about for Fall season ;)

This would be perfect IMO

Daytona would've been better if results from the event had some impact on pro league. Like a points system tying LAN to pro league or even to the weekly am legendary cups.

Meaning teams have to go

Prolly sounds like a broken record, but a point system and consequential LANs would immediately elevate the Open Cicuit and Pro League.

Not sure why ESL/343 are so bent on keeping things seperate.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Requiem is back?

requiem.png

Back for a day before someone is dropped after picking their nose during a scrim

• Upvote (+1) 2

There is no question they have to disable GP from competitive now. 

An unnecessary movement that when removed fixes a long standing issue. It HAS to be removed, they have no leg to stand on.

The real question is whether or not disabling other pointless abilities fixes other issues. Perhaps disabling all abilities corrects heavy aim? (imagine)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Idea: GP is triggered by holding down both bumpers.

Edit: as in the buttons used for melee and grenade throw

• Upvote (+1) 1