CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How a shooter feels is one of the most important aspects. That's why most of us fell in love with CE - it was fun to play and felt good for anyone picking up the controller. And Destiny PVP was really fun, but got a lot worse with the decrease of the overall TTK. Unplayable is a strong exaggeration. I expect D2 to make a lot of changes in that regard.

Halo 5 was designed to be competitive, but between the aiming, map design and lackluster art direction - the experience of playing just falls apart. Halo 5 literally requires paddles or claw for the player to be competitive.

It's just not intuitive and simple like the previous games.

Good controls is important in any game. I don't dispute that.

But Destiny's pvp systems feel totally arbitrary and unrewarding. It's like they took design principles ripe for a PvE environment and shoehorned them in a versus environment w/o any additional consideration of the gameplay loop whatsoever.

I think it kind of took over for me in around 2014/2015 when the game stopped being a nostalgia trip and more in its own unique direction. It might be a 2007 version of the game but it has so much unique content now, I feel like Old School is more appropriate.

Didn't know about the new stuff, I'll have to check it out sometime.

But the current Str8 doesn't have any original members does it? Outside of Elamite and T2 running it.

I feel like that is an exception, considering T2 decided to bring his team name back as an actual organization. If, say, Ghost were the one to bring back Str8 as an org having played on the team a couple times, I don't know if the community would have been so behind it. It would have been cool to see, but it wouldn't seem right imo.

Edit: And I suppose it depends what the team name has accomplished. There would be a lot more backlash for a random team using a name with a lot of clout as opposed to using something like Darkest Hour

• Upvote (+1) 3

I feel like that is an exception, considering T2 decided to bring his team name back as an actual organization. If, say, Ghost were the one to bring back Str8 as an org having played on the team a couple times, I don't know if the community would have been so behind it. It would have been cool to see, but it wouldn't seem right imo.

Edit: And I suppose it depends what the team name has accomplished. There would be a lot more backlash for a random team using a name with a lot of clout as opposed to using something like Darkest Hour

Funny things is that T2 isn't a Str8 original member.

Doesn't T2 own the rights to the Str8 name and therefore they can use it?

Funny things is that T2 isn't a Str8 original member.

Don't have to be an OG member for the name to be synonymous with you, he first joined the team only a few months after its inception and by far has the longest time spent on the team. BtH didn't start with Maniac at all, but I'd argue that his name has the most attachment to that team compared to any other pro, only Cloud could challenge (and Cloud has been on the team longer).

• Upvote (+1) 3

Seeing as how we're already pretty off topic. Anyone else grab one of those MLG custom gamerpics a few pages back? Wondering why my FB one is super zoomed in but looks fine when I click on my full profile

a bunch of people posted about their impending high school graduations, so I'm counting grey hairs and researching where I want to get my prostate probed

I know some people that will do it for free.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

Seeing as how we're already pretty off topic. Anyone else grab one of those MLG custom gamerpics a few pages back? Wondering why my FB one is super zoomed in but looks fine when I click on my full profile

I have one. Check my profile igs cubanex

What was the sensitivity everyone was talking about a few days ago?

I had to read this about 10 times before I was confident that I was not in fact the one who posted this.

And even now I'm still not entirely sure..

well played.

-jdot out

I haven't even played this game and I had to upvote this post. What is this sorcerery.

What was the sensitivity everyone was talking about a few days ago?

1-5-5, unless you meant something else idk I just post here

• Upvote (+1) 1

On the Destiny vs H5 thing:

PvP wise, one was bad in design, the other was bad in mechanics (with some overlap)

Destiny is just not fun as a whole in a PvP sense. With anything resembling what Destiny is, the game is quite simply not competitive. OHKs, every gun is the H5 sniper, supers etc etc. After that, there's sever issues and a horrendous tickrate (Im assuming thats the issue). More conceptual flaws than mechanical.

H5, with the current settings, can be relatively fun when the game is running as intended. But it rarely ever does so. Trash servers, broken ranks, a FPS where you literally cant aim.

Both are trash, but in different ways. Destiny had the mechanics down right, but the concept was not fun. H5 is the opposite.

• Upvote (+1) 2

a bunch of people posted about their impending high school graduations, so I'm counting grey hairs and researching where I want to get my prostate probed

Right here.

bG3Vm9I.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

It feels good to be young. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1-5-5, unless you meant something else idk I just post here

What are those values for?