CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yeah Bungie has a great software development team, but the gameplay is pretty bad. Some people like me don't like shooting bullet sponges for 20 minutes, and do it every day until the new expansion drops.

It's nothing like that anymore. 

Anyways, we're way off topic now...

Pro league hype!  :ace:

holy fuck i feel old now

Same. On mobile, the ads at the bottom of the last two pages have been baby formula and car seats. :weback: ?
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I played Destiny pvp for like 3 games. Had no idea who was my teammate or the enemy. So everytime I saw someone, I waited until they started shooting. Guess who died a lot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I actually find it baffling to see that people are bashing Bungie and Destiny.

Did destiny live up to its hype, no absolutely not.

Did they make some errors in judgement, sure.

But the game mechanics themselves, functioned flawlessly, which is more than 343 has accomplished in 3 games and which their best effort was halo 4.

Bungie made mistakes with destiny, there is no denying that, but the magnitude of those errors were nowhere close to 343's who released a broken game one year and an fps with heavy aim the next, an issue which has still yet to be resolved and where they have no clue what is causing it.

343 isn't even in the same league as bungie in terms of developers. 

Oh so now it isn't CoD today it is Destiny, the Halo's community cucking begins once again. 

Destiny was a shit game in terms of what they promised and on the level of what Bungie delivered else featurewise through their games before.

Some people still ride Bungie's dick as if it would make them magically reappear and save Halo.

I played Destiny a lot, but what does mechanics do if the game feel unfinished, plotwise a mess, the pvp is an unbalanced shithole, Bungie can't really decide if they nerf weapons for pve or pvp, are stubborn with feedback and only began late explaining what they did when they patched stuff and why they did.

I also would take an A.I on the level of SIRI as community manager before I want DeeJ.

Bungie delivered us great games, but don't put them on a podest they don't deserve, many HCE fans are still mad what they did with Halo with releasing Halo 2.... god dammit Bungie put SMG starts into the game, and if they had enough time sprint would also be in.

Bungie needed heavy pushes from MLG/coomunity to make H3 gametypes fit for competitive play.

Reach was a fucking disaster ( and for the people that say "they didn't want to do it, they had to"  I spoke with Luke Smith 2010 at Gamescom, they had the choice what Halo game to make and they decided to this one on their own)  The game was garbage at release and Bungie devs arrogantly laughed when mentioning how dumb Armor Lock was, lore wise everyone expected a adaption of Fall of Reach but we got a teamof nobodys. 

TL;DR :   343 is shit, Bungie was also not near perfect and isn't close to it. (Destiny is technically perfect... dude these fucking loading times).  

I don't want 343 in its current form at the helm of Halo, but I also don't want Bungie back, because their last game was Reach. And that was ass. 

Peace out. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Caught one game of the nV vs. Str8 scrim and Snip3down was shitting, I think he went 17-1 and the end score was 50-17 or something. I need new tourneys to happen because I can't watch the older films when they had ar. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Destiny is shit, good thing I'm into scat and like to smear it all over my body.

Anyway, D2, MW:Re, WWII, Quake. Stay irrelevant peeps.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I hear turning things off for X amount of time to fix them each week helps. But im just making things up.

And its wild people are defending the servers lol

I mean I'll be the first person to complain about how the servers are god-awful, but it's at least a little amusing to me that suddenly no one has a bad internet connection anymore, and every time they struggle to connect, it's the Halo servers and not their ISP.

Obviously, I'm not talking about people who can play non-Halo games just fine, but I'm sure plenty of people with Comcast or Time Warner/Spectrum experience shit internet a lot as well. I recently moved to a neighborhood with fiber optic hookups, and I'd say I definitely have a cleaner connection to the servers. 

Disclaimer: Since getting my FiOs set up, I've only had a couple Halo sessions (in favor of OW), but I thought the servers were fine, or at least I didn't notice them being awful.

people speculate on things when they are left completely in the dark tho, it's natural

I mean, to be fair on this point, they don't have to tell us when they're doing server maintenance. A lot of companies, blizzard for example, uses Tuesday as its server maintenance day. They also use this day to roll out content patches every week, its just a convenient time for them to do so since the servers are down for like an hour or two. That being said, the game with the longest downtime is usually WoW considering the massive amount of data that is processed on their multiple server clusters. Something like Halo, if they're using Azure for example which from what ive read so far is probably a cloud server, they can shutdown parts of it 5-10% at a time, and we would never know its down. 

I think to expect a company to tell us server maintenance days, when they're a non-issue to us (not rolling out content patches) is completely irrelevant and people are look for something to raise pitchforks about.

• Upvote (+1) 5

:ace:

fk5XXYs.png

am I glad EG has the proleague spot guaranteed and splyce has to play through an LCQ

this will never be not dumb to me, I know we had this discussion before. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

So easy to play that less than 10% have completed raids and people charge money for trials carries. Destiny has a little bit of everything for everyone. And sure the crucible sucks now, but year 1 was fantastic. I've been a Halo fan since the very beginning and purchased every game ever released (including the PC). 343 has been fucking shit up. The Halo 5 campaign is one of the worst yet and they think competitive settings can be unified with everything else. Finally, that's changing now, though. 

Also, pro matches are the only thing I can stomach. Love watching tournaments, but I'd never watch a random Halo 5 stream or play it myself these days. 

The hardest part about a Destiny raid is getting 6 assholes like me to cooperate and stay focused for 1-2 hours.  Those stats are always funny to me though, I remember lighting the first bonfire in DarkSouls (or lamp in Bloodborne) and getting an achievement that only like 20% of the population had.  Its like...damn dude this bonfire is literally 5 minutes into the game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just throwing this out there - you guys do know that they could easily bring down a portion of the servers for maintenance, use roll-overs, point to only active endpoints, etc.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, please don't speculate about things that you guys literally know nothing about.

So much this ^^.  TIL about server maintenance today - "if i didn't see it, it didn't happen"

I honestly don't think any game has more bullet mag than Halo 5, like I can't even think of one. And I mean that.

Destiny  :kappa:   

Seriously though, not sure if you call it magnetism or montana-sized hitboxes but the effect is the same.  THis makes me think though, lets say that 343 is able to fix the aiming so its destiny-good.  They would have to rejig the assist and magnetism at the same time otherwise every gun become soooo easy to use (more than they already are).

Because whenever they do an update for a week the servers are amazing, watch, beginning of this next season will be really good then itll turn to shit again

And the issue is lack of maintenance or communication about it, idk why i should be explaining this

You shouldn't be...

holy fuck i feel old now

I graduate next month

(in 2004)

The hardest part about a Destiny raid is getting 6 assholes like me to cooperate and stay focused for 1-2 hours.  Those stats are always funny to me though, I remember lighting the first bonfire in DarkSouls (or lamp in Bloodborne) and getting an achievement that only like 20% of the population had.  Its like...damn dude this bonfire is literally 5 minutes into the game.

Yeah - I played Dark Souls 1 after it was free with Games with Gold. I think I lasted 10 minutes after dying constantly and I haven't went back since.

• Upvote (+1) 3

In Hecz's vlog today he says Royal 2 is going to be at the house on the 7th. So Snakebite, Frosty and Royal 2 will be at the OpTic Scuf house

SnakeBite said on stream yesterday that Royal 2 would be at the house on the 6th, unless he just meant that's when he was leaving

Yeah - I played Dark Souls 1 after it was free with Games with Gold. I think I lasted 10 minutes after dying constantly and I haven't went back since.

I didn't get past the tutorial. I died like 10 times and just gave up on the game LOL

Hahaha. Admittedly, I am A HUGE Souls fan. Got platinum and all achievements; thousands of hours. Hell, I bought a PS4 just for Bloodborne. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

But Frosty had a bad scrim past week, Optic is FiNIsHED!!!

>Frosty

>Frost is deposited ice

>Ice is the solid form of water

>Water is used for cleaning things

>Cleaning something with water is called washing

>:thinking:...

>Frosty is washed!!!1!!1!!!1!!

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You're really missing out, incredible games once you adjust to the difficulty. All about patience and learning enemies moves.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The main thing is no one realizes you're supposed to run from the first boss fight.

The main thing is no one realizes you're supposed to run from the first boss fight.

Unless you want a big hammer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So much this ^^. TIL about server maintenance today - "if i didn't see it, it didn't happen"

Destiny :kappa:

Seriously though, not sure if you call it magnetism or montana-sized hitboxes but the effect is the same. THis makes me think though, lets say that 343 is able to fix the aiming so its destiny-good. They would have to rejig the assist and magnetism at the same time otherwise every gun become soooo easy to use (more than they already are).

You shouldn't be...

I graduate next month

(in 2004)

This. The aim assist in Destiny is tru the roof.