CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Destiny 2 will be huge. Bungie isn't fucking around with this and they're definitely not 343. The game will work and run beautifully.

Fanboy alert.
  • Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Fanboy alert.

Bad move, see we are in a Bungie circlejerk. Have to wait a few days when the circlejerk goes the other way.
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Fanboy alert.

Ehh maybe his attitude is over the top but bungie does polish games like very few other developers do. They're like the only console dev that has the talent to really compare to the big PC devs like Blizzard. I'd be comfortable buying a game of theirs I'd never seen assuming that it functions near flawlessly regardless of the actual balancing which is a kind of trust not many companies can lay claim to.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The last technical issue I can recall having with a Bungie release was when the H3 beta didn't go live until hours after it was meant to.

There may have been other problems after that but I don't remember anything major.

I actually find it baffling to see that people are bashing Bungie and Destiny.

Did destiny live up to its hype, no absolutely not.

Did they make some errors in judgement, sure.

But the game mechanics themselves, functioned flawlessly, which is more than 343 has accomplished in 3 games and which their best effort was halo 4.

Bungie made mistakes with destiny, there is no denying that, but the magnitude of those errors were nowhere close to 343's who released a broken game one year and an fps with heavy aim the next, an issue which has still yet to be resolved and where they have no clue what is causing it.

343 isn't even in the same league as bungie in terms of developers. 

I'll take a stubborn Bungie over a seemingly incompetent 343i any day of the week, honestly.   

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It sucks that the prices went up so fast for BLOPs2. The msft store is selling it full price. Amazon has it new for 40dollars and the used ones are still in the 20s.

This is a five year old game man. I just want a cheap copy again

Destiny was a shitty game, launched completely devoid of content, a dumbass campaign, horrendous pvp and with a terrible monetization scheme. It took several months and extra $ before it started resembling the game they promised....

That said, I sunk hundreds of hrs into it, doing the same shit over and over again because it felt so good, and was a blast to play casually with friends.

Just getting the basics right can get you so far. I'm sure Destiny two will address the issues Destiny1 launched with, making it an unstoppable juggernaut.

100% agree.

It is actually quite comical that a game with as many things wrong with it at launch was as successful as it was.

It kept me playing for far longer than it should have. 

It wasn't the gameplay or the story that kept me invested, it was the simple mechanics, of shooting, movement and the environment that was so polished and enjoyable for me to play. it was oddly refreshing.

If destiny 2 fixes the issues that plagued destiny, such as servers, a lackluster campaign, repetitive grinding, broken unlock/upgrade system, then destiny 2 will be a powerhouse.

100% agree.

It is actually quite comical that a game with as many things wrong with it at launch was as successful as it was.

It kept me playing for far longer than it should have.

It wasn't the gameplay or the story that kept me invested, it was the simple mechanics, of shooting, movement and the environment thar were so polished and enjoyable for me to play. it was oddly refreshing.

If destiny 2 fixes the issues that plagued destiny, such as servers, a lackluster campaign, repetitive grinding, broken unlock/upgrade system, then destiny 2 will be a powerhouse.

Tbh the grinding is pretty spot on right now. I wouldn't expect many changes in that respect.

Tbh the grinding is pretty spot on right now. I wouldn't expect many changes in that respect.

Was talking about at launch,

I agree that the current looting system is much better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If anything, the new settings have made Optic and Envy even better. Also helps that they are the teams that scrim the most. Don't know how other teams expect to catch them if they don't out practice them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In Hecz's vlog today he says Royal 2 is going to be at the house on the 7th. So Snakebite, Frosty and Royal 2 will be at the OpTic Scuf house

• Upvote (+1) 7

I have been able to keep up with scrims and what not.

How the teams looking??? (Other than Optic)

Fanboy alert.

Bad move, see we are in a Bungie circlejerk. Have to wait a few days when the circlejerk goes the other way.

Yeah, must be a fanboy because Bungie releases polished games that work well. You nailed it. 

Ehh maybe his attitude is over the top but bungie does polish games like very few other developers do. They're like the only console dev that has the talent to really compare to the big PC devs like Blizzard. I'd be comfortable buying a game of theirs I'd never seen assuming that it functions near flawlessly regardless of the actual balancing which is a kind of trust not many companies can lay claim to.

Exactly, but nah it's a circlejerk hahah. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Destiny 2 will be a great casual game.

So just like halo 5 but better.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

My Scuf just arrived, does that mean I can finally be good at this ever so high skill gap game like Jabbo?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I have been able to keep up with scrims and what not.

How the teams looking??? (Other than Optic)

Envy is looking really strong. Still Optics biggest competitor. Liquid still looks good(though Penguin changed his name). Luminosity looked very strong but took a break because victory took a vacation. Splyce plays well against everyone except top 2 . Str8 and CP seem to struggle more but could just be online. And EG is still EG

• Upvote (+1) 1

Part of the reason Destiny is as popular as it is is because of how casual friendly it is. Gameplay = easy/simply, story mode = toddlers can beat it, raids = solve a puzzle once solve it 100000000 times (not to mention these are pretty elementary mechanics at their best when compared to any other "MMO").  Crucible is beyond unbalanced and casual - anyone feels like they can play it because they just wait on their super and know they have a good shot at getting a kill - no one even cares if you team wins or loses.  Sure the gameplay mechanics felt great - but damn if that isn't a low standard to set on games you want these days.  I'd rather watch 15 minutes of a competitive H5 match than Gothalion fumble through a raid for 5 minutes.  Game was desinged for casuals and Destiny 2 will be an amazing casual game.  You will love it Smee Mee, you will love it so much.  Remove special ammo but leave 2 guns that regenerate ammo in the game....LOL.  Whoever is in charge of the "competitive" side of things is worse than any resume 343 has even farted at.  

So easy to play that less than 10% have completed raids and people charge money for trials carries. Destiny has a little bit of everything for everyone. And sure the crucible sucks now, but year 1 was fantastic. I've been a Halo fan since the very beginning and purchased every game ever released (including the PC). 343 has been fucking shit up. The Halo 5 campaign is one of the worst yet and they think competitive settings can be unified with everything else. Finally, that's changing now, though. 

Also, pro matches are the only thing I can stomach. Love watching tournaments, but I'd never watch a random Halo 5 stream or play it myself these days. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah Bungie has a great software development team, but the gameplay is pretty bad. Some people like me don't like shooting bullet sponges for 20 minutes, and do it every day until the new expansion drops.

• Upvote (+1) 2