CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Destiny has more bullet magnetism for sure, but the aiming is a thousand times better.

I honestly don't think any game has more bullet mag than Halo 5, like I can't even think of one. And I mean that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

when is the last time if any, 343 created a fun, working, online experience?

H4 was trash for MM, as was MCC, as is H5. 

They have no idea what they are doing. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

November 2016, cool, where is this weekly?

I get the anger over the shitty servers, but what's your issue with their maintenance schedule? Do you prefer complete outages?- which are totally unneccisary when Live Migration is a thing.

343s netcode is just trash.

• Upvote (+1) 2

November 2016, cool, where is this weekly?

The only reason companies provide updates on maintenance is when it's going to affect the users. If their maintenance is done without shutting down servers why would they tell us?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I get the anger over the shitty servers, but what's your issue with their maintenance schedule? Do you prefer complete outages?- which are totally unneccisary when Live Migration is a thing.

343s netcode is just trash.

Because whenever they do an update for a week the servers are amazing, watch, beginning of this next season will be really good then itll turn to shit again

And the issue is lack of maintenance or communication about it, idk why i should be explaining this

Because whenever they do an update for a week the servers are amazing, watch, beginning of this next season will be really good then itll turn to shit again

And the issue is lack of maintenance or communication about it, idk why i should be explaining this

You are just speculating about what this issues are, but really have no clue. Most likely they do maintence on a schedule that doesn't require bringing everything down at once.

I was under the impression that Azure uses virtual servers. So to do maintenance you don't shut down everything, you just move traffic elsewhere.

Or maybe when you aren't just looking for problems you can sometimes see fairly obvious answers.

My experience with H5 is actually no worse than any other multiplayer game. With matchmaking I always get laggy games on occasion. To be fair i live in the UK so maybe I'm just more used to it.

The type of server, maintenance, and how it's conducted is rather irrelevant; virtual machine or not.

I was just replying to your response in which someone stated that 343 is probably the only developer that doesn't perform maintenance, in which you then deferred and said they were Microsoft servers; as if this excuses them for not conducting maintenance lol. Microsoft (the entity) isn't responsible for 343's servers.

I'm not arguing whether or not they need to be maintained, reset, etc. because as far as I know, they could be doing maintenance. Just pointing that out.

You are just speculating about what this issues are, but really have no clue. Most likely they do maintence on a schedule that doesn't require bringing everything down at once.

Speculating based on what every company without shit servers does? Yeah far fetched

I can't keep a straight face whenever I hear 343 and "learning".

With each game the simply put for no apparent effort to understand the why and how things work. They just do shit, and flail around as their random approach to everything fails. Then they have post-mortems talking about what the "learned"

They had to "learn" that people want fair starts and no loadouts.

They had to "learn" that competitive and more casual fans have different taste in settings

They had to "learn" that tournament formats should be fair

They had to "learn" that local MP (split screen and LAN)

They even had to "learn" the halo fans like master chief- they literally came out and said they were shocked by this

I'm still waiting for them to learn that MP maps shouldn't have sun glare and frivolous geometry. And that sprint doesn't work in an arena setting.

It's crazy, because you dont to spend hundreds of millions of dollars developing, marketing and releasing a product with a bunch of unneccisary experiments , and watch them fail in order to learn these things- all you have to do is study what worked in the past and what has been working since.

when is the last time if any, 343 created a fun, working, online experience?

H4 was trash for MM, as was MCC, as is H5. 

They have no idea what they are doing. 

343 is a "factory studio" unfortunately. A Halo title used to be unique, jam packed with features and working flawlessly. We don't have that anymore. 

I mean how ignorant do you have to be to come out and say that fans want more Master Chief? 

Speculating based on what every company without shit servers does? Yeah far fetched

You think announcing server maintenance is what makes them run smoothly? For all you know, 343s server maintenance could be weekly, they just don't do it all at once.

Stop making stuff up.

• Upvote (+1) 5

https://umggaming.com/tournaments/971 BTW UMG is holding a 2.5K tournament on Thursday. You need their premium that cost 7$. Would be a good investment and I hope they hold more tournaments. 

Also the real Daytona Placement cup is this weekend. Winner gets the 8th seed and pro bracket for Daytona.The online tourney is gonna be streamed on twitch on Sunday @ 4 EST https://www.millennialesports.gg/tournaments/2445

• Upvote (+1) 4

You think announcing server maintenance is what makes them run smoothly? For all you know, 343s server maintenance could be weekly, they just don't do it all at once.

Stop making stuff up.

I hear turning things off for X amount of time to fix them each week helps. But im just making things up.

And its wild people are defending the servers lol

• Downvote (-1) 6

I hear turning things off for X amount of time to fix them each week helps. But im just making things up.

It's Meanbean, he'd defend 343 even if H6 was a hero shooter.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No one is defending the servers, just that they would have to shut everything down to do a maintenance update