CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't agree. Halo 2 and 3 were fantastic games and MLG was very successful because of them. And Bungie was always very innovative with product features.

Not true at all. House of Wolves was the pinnacle of Destiny PVP.

Lol, everyone hated bungie. You think 343 are bad with the competitive community? Bungie were so much worse.

343 have pushed for a pro league World championships. Tried team arena (competitive settings for all) and when that finally didnt work they have made a playlist for us.

Bungie catered for the casual gamer. Go on bungie.net and mlg was a thing you would get banned for talking about. If halo 3 didnt have mlg theres absolutely no chance halo would have been a competitive game

• Upvote (+1) 4

Lol guys, you're complaining about the MP of a game that had a 10 mission, 4 hour MAIN STORYLINE at launch. The development of Destiny was a trainwreck, MP was obviously a half assed rush job. Lets see what they do with a proper game.

The content was lacking, but Destiny didn't have any bugs and played smooth as better. That said, D2 will be fucking amazing. 

Lol, everyone hated bungie. You think 343 are bad with the competitive community? Bungie were so much worse.

343 have pushed for a pro league World championships. Tried team arena (competitive settings for all) and when that finally didnt work they have made a playlist for us.

Bungie catered for the casual gamer. Go on bungie.net and mlg was a thing you would get banned for talking about. If halo 3 didnt have mlg theres absolutely no chance halo would have been a competitive game

343 hasn't done anything special and the number one thing (how the game feels to play) 343 failed at. I can buy any Bungie game blind. The same can't be said about 343 - especially after MCC. 

With that said, Bungie let mlg do their thing. No dumbass rules, no compromised playlists.

It's crazy that a lack of dev support was actually the better situation.

I would agree with this, however I am looking at the positive for the rest of H5, and H6 when it arrives.

It seems 343 had some learnings over the past few years (yes late) and allowed the pros to have full control over the HCS playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys, chill with mocking player tweets on here - especially those with very little merit.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just throwing this out there - you guys do know that they could easily bring down a portion of the servers for maintenance, use roll-overs, point to only active endpoints, etc.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, please don't speculate about things that you guys literally know nothing about.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Guys, chill with mocking player tweets on here - especially those with very little merit.

Mocking content is fine though as long as it's only a coach right? :kappa:

Pls don't ban me oh mighty one.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Mocking content is fine though as long as it's only a coach right? :kappa:

Pls don't ban me oh mighty one.

I know it's a troll, but we never mocked the content. I honestly don't watch any of it if I'm being honest.

OpTic Visions though is

• Upvote (+1) 4

Long time lurker. I've been playing Halo since 2001 but didn't get into competitive CE until less than a year ago on the MCC and I fell in love with it. I think it's the most competitive FPS on console and I play it everyday on MCC despite its many flaws. Just wanted to say I'm more excited for the CE side station at Daytona than the actual event. I hope you guys can stream it and that some of the current pros get a chance to go toe to toe with some top tier CE players. Big thank you to all the people (who I don't know how to tag but you know who you are) that are putting in the time and effort to keep the CE LAN scene alive.

• Upvote (+1) 7

So they are doing a reality esports show in CS and figured I'd post because it might be what we'd see in Halo. 

Just throwing this out there - you guys do know that they could easily bring down a portion of the servers for maintenance, use roll-overs, point to only active endpoints, etc.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, please don't speculate about things that you guys literally know nothing about.

Yet every other company on the face of the planet has scheduled maintenance, please continue to defend processes that make no sense

Edit: The fact is the servers are trash and what theyre doing is trash

• Downvote (-1) 4

Thank you!

I'm the administrator on the external server at my organization; maintenance is up to me. Not the host provider. They provide the servers and the service. Connectivity is on a per sever basis for the administrators to keep up to date/running.

I was under the impression that Azure uses virtual servers. So to do maintenance you don't shut down everything, you just move traffic elsewhere.

Seems like when it comes to 343, you have an excuse for everything :P The servers belong to Microsoft, but it's up to 343 to maintain them for Halo 5.

Or maybe when you aren't just looking for problems you can sometimes see fairly obvious answers.

My experience with H5 is actually no worse than any other multiplayer game. With matchmaking I always get laggy games on occasion. To be fair i live in the UK so maybe I'm just more used to it.

Yet every other company on the face of the planet has scheduled maintenance, please continue to defend processes that make no sense

Edit: The fact is the servers are trash and what theyre doing is trash

Per your edit, sure I absolutely agree that whatever they are doing with their servers isn't optimal.

All I'm asking is that people don't speculate about specifics - seems to happen a lot without any technical information backing it.

Sorry to jump on you, I just keep seeing it. Don't even get me started on the aiming problems and the amount of speculation going on with that.

Okay, I will, because I work with services at production-level scale at Microsoft.

:ace:

Per your edit, sure I absolutely agree that whatever they are doing with their servers isn't optimal.

All I'm asking is that people don't speculate about specifics - seems to happen a lot without any technical information backing it.

Sorry to jump on you, I just keep seeing it. Don't even get me started on the aiming problems and the amount of speculation going on with that.

people speculate on things when they are left completely in the dark tho, it's natural

Yeah i have no knowledge on any of that bro, just pointing out the obvious from what i see, good looks

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let's be real, here. 343 created an environment in which no real competitive scene could exist without their direct involvement and support and then threw money at their "HCS" because eSports are a growing industry. Bungie focused on the casual experience (which they were and are much better at), established a vastly larger player base, and also created and supported a platform on which a competitive scene grew naturally.

​So, yeah, I would take "giving competitive Halo its own playlist and letting it do its own thing" to the absolute control 343 insists on having over it while they cram a bunch of garbage down our throats.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1