CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Regarding pro league seeds etc. Did worlds count as a period in terms of roster locks? IE, how many changes can teams make from the last pro league teams?

This is a different twitter account with the same name...E6 2.0 confirmed.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Meanwhile Optic has only lost what, 3 series on LAN?

Yeah, nearly non-existent.

I could be wrong since I don't really follow CSGO but I looked at liquipedia for tournament placings and it seems like there hasn't been any team recently that has had close to the consistency of Optic Halo. So, either your point isn't very relevant or Halo 5 has more of a skill gap than CSGO or at least a comparable skill gap.

If I'm wrong about CSGO then I can also point to the fact that Black Ops 2, Ghosts, Advanced Warfare, and Black Ops 3 had more consistency with the winning teams than Halo 3.

Im not trying to say that Halo 5 has a no skill gap but your point doesn't prove much other than that some amount of skill gap is there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snipedown has been playing really well online. Looks like he is in control of every game.

Interested to see if nV can turn up on LAN

He always plays good online. Have you seen his internet?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

NIP dominated early CSGO but recently it's been a lot more open.

Worth noting is that their 87-0 LAN record was maps(aka. games in Halo.) Closest we've seen to that in Halo is around 35-0 with Instinct I think?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Worth noting is that their 87-0 LAN record was maps(aka. games in Halo.) Closest we've seen to that in Halo is around 35-0 with Instinct I think?

Isn't one CS Map like 30 rounds though?

First to 16 rounds. Can go over 30 if teams tie at 15.

Ok but 16 rounds is still going to have a higher rate of the better team winning than a single halo map.

Ok but 16 rounds is still going to have a higher rate of the better team winning than a single halo map.

It does but at the same time CS only plays BO3's usually, so less games with more weight attached to them. To put it in perspective the 87-0 LAN record was done over the first 10 offline events in CSGO.

Interestingly that NiP team relied heavily on a puggy style of play that got superseded by teams with better strategical approach and equal fire power. Although there is much more parity within the top two tiers of Counter-Strike currently, actually the skill gap is bigger than ever it is just the pieces have come together for a number of teams at the same time.

One team dominating the competition can be as much of an indicator of the maturity of the scene as it can the difference between skill. NiP although they were amazingly skilled relative to the rest of the competition were also the first established team in CSGO and also the team that dedicated most seriously to the new game before it blew up. The same with Optic, although they do have the most skilled players and the most balanced team they're the first to admit that they also out grind every other team in order to stay on top.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You think it's hard to argue against Black Ops 2 being the best console shooter of the past five years?

The game was riddled with problems that we could get in to but here's one:

I don't deny that it was probably the best call of duty game and could be fun, though

Never even knew about that issue. Dear lord that's brutal. But what would you consider a better console shooter and/or a more popular one than Black Ops 2? Serious question, I'm genuinely curious. I will most certainly agree it had its issues, as do seemingly every damn game these days, but on the whole, I maintain my point. Willing to see your side of course.

@@TheSimms, do you know anyone that could fix the site and put some current info on there?

Thats on us and we are aiming to get it fixed it asap! Potentially may have to wait until all teams both eu and na are populated but its a priority along with a few other things. Noted though :)
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Guys I know this is off topic af, but I was watching the classic tv show Victorious starring the incomparable Victoria Justice with my daughter when who should appear in an episode? MLG's own Faruq Tauheed!

Back on topic....uhhh....no sprint in Halo 6?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys I know this is off topic af, but I was watching the classic tv show Victorious starring the incomparable Victoria Justice with my daughter when who should appear in an episode? MLG's own Faruq Tauheed!

Yeahhhhh, alright buddy.

I still watch iCarly - no need to be ashamed :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

What episode? ;)

Yeahhhhh, alright buddy.

f least it isn't Doctor Who :kappa:

All this talk of ESL/HCS being biased towards Ace, yet we are like 8 months into the return of Str8 Rippin and we still don't have any skins.

Meanwhile this gets put up in the Req store in less than 24 hours.

K50xscj.png

Finally, a team I support.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeahhhhh, alright buddy.

I don't really see why a kappa is necessary

Zoey 101, iCarly, Drake and Josh, GOAT

• Upvote (+1) 4

Anyone know why when I click on ranked I only see Team Arena?

And it doesn't look like anyones in this playlist either. Been searching for awhile