CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yea, I forgot people were still hurt about yesterday comments, thought they could take a joke like players teabag - but I guess was wrong :mj:

Jokes I can tolerate but TEABAGGING?

You just lost all my respect.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Audio info is NOT free info. If it's such a non issue, why are you arguing against it?

How is audio info not free? Do you do extra work to earn the to be ability to hear a gunshot?

I shouldn't make a blanket statement to say it's a non issue. But it's a non-issue for HCS. It's a QOL issue for the majority of the player-base.

I remember seeing a karma video during h2 i think where he talked about practising with no headphones and no vibration to increase his awareness. I forgot where i was going with this tbh. Sound is pretty telling if you listen for it. Radar helps scrubs like me who play with little to no sound level that playing field. I like having shots register radar in the playlist but wish they could turn it off on lan where all players have headsets

Yeah I get it. They could (and maybe should) turn it off at LANs. I doubt it would be a difference maker, but it would remove any doubt.

I just think it's a weird complaint when we have so many actually damaging things to competitive integrity. In an online video game, there's simply going to be some 'free' info.

Why have damage indicators, we should be able to hear where the shots/grenade came from. Why have a health bar, we can hear when it's depleted/recharging. Why have a killfeed, players should be calling out.

Maybe the HCS playlist should just turn of the HUD.

BF:H was made by a separate developer. It was a side project to hold people over until SW:BF, the next big DICE project. I'm 99% certain of that, at least. I may be wrong.

Edit: also, I don't think calling BF:1 a game going back to its roots is accurate. Hardline was a flop, but not because it deviated from the Bad Company/BF3/4 formula. If anything, BF:1 shows how a game can evolve but still keep core mechanics pretty much the same. Hell, that goes for the entire Battlefield series starting with BC1. Compare the mechanics of the latest Battlefield to the first and you have two very different games that also are very similar at the core.

That's exactly how a game should evolve. Take what your series does well and expand on that.

Being made by separate devs is irrelevant, especially when we are talking about fatigue... perhaps these radical departures from the halo format should have been side projects instead of being served as the main courses

I would love to see an MLG event feature CoD Halo and Gears all in one setting again. That would be a massive success in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I would love to see an MLG event feature CoD Halo and Gears all in one setting again. That would be a massive success in my opinion.

Sucks that 2007 standards would be a huge step in the right direction in 2017  :ace:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sucks that 2007 standards would be a huge step in the right direction in 2017 :ace:

Exactly, you could make it like a console Esports festival or something like that. Have it somewhere that's not a back yard with half inflated balloons either.

This is basically what dreamhack is but dreamhack, like mlg did, does condole and pc games

As far as I know Legend has won some sort of CE tournament before even if they were odd rules. He was a referee throughout Halo 2, then came in 2nd in the very first Halo 3 tournament? How is his relevance due to old Halo CE pros calling it quits when the meta game was far from as advanced as it is today?

Many people playing now were too young to play back then, but I just recently was at a LAN with Laughfer, an old school Halo CE pro who teamed with great players. We were around the same skill level. They talked about how Strangepurple, and Dominator (other top CE players in NJ) were very bad compared to todays standards.

Do you not realize that the random spawns and stuff (the maps) weren't really done until like 07? I do not consider the games prime to be an era when many people had no idea what they were doing. I'd rather say the games prime is when it's played at it's competitive peak.

Ogre 2 is considered one of the best Halo players of all time, not just Halo CE. He is the exception in the case of Halo CE pros because he still actively LANS and has continuously improved and pushed the bar since the game was on the MLG circuit. The majority of the CE community a few years ago would rank another player, Harris, a close second to Ogre 2.

Ogre 2, Harris, Patch, and Legend are considered The Four Horseman, as any combination of those teams would SHIT on the top 5-8 players, as evidenced by this past years Beach LAN when @@Patch Stay and Legend had beaten McDick and PhatBastard in various games by over 25 points. So in a gauntlet series Patch and Legend had beaten Ogre 2 and Harris, which is as far as I know the only series that the top 4 players in the world had played in all together. Harris retired afterwards for various reasons.

So go ahead and tell me that even for $1,000,000 some new face is going to come out of the woodwork and gather the 15+ years of experience that these guys have. Even better, tell me some old face like Walshy or Zyos would win. Don't know who MacGyver is, but if anyone really thinks Patch and Legend wouldn't win a huge tournament like that then you are just really out of touch with the scene.

I don't expect people to know a lot of the H1 scene or anything like that but I have no idea where this idea came from that these players are only good because others don't play. You realize a lot of H1 players stop playing because they were good and couldn't keep up?

They were nobody when the game was relevant, all of the H1 pro players transitioned to H2, I think that if Walshy stayed playing H1 he would have been dominating this Legend dude.

How is audio info not free? Do you do extra work to earn the to be ability to hear a gunshot?

I shouldn't make a blanket statement to say it's a non issue. But it's a non-issue for HCS. It's a QOL issue for the majority of the player-base.

Yeah I get it. They could (and maybe should) turn it off at LANs. I doubt it would be a difference maker, but it would remove any doubt.

I just think it's a weird complaint when we have so many actually damaging things to competitive integrity. In an online video game, there's simply going to be some 'free' info.

Why have damage indicators, we should be able to hear where the shots/grenade came from. Why have a health bar, we can hear when it's depleted/recharging. Why have a killfeed, players should be calling out.

Maybe the HCS playlist should just turn of the HUD.

I'm done arguing about it. If you can't see it, you can't see it.

Made some Gamerpics of old MLG team logos for anyone interested. The first batch includes Str8 Rippin, Final Boss, Triggers Down, Carbon & Instinct.

Album here:

http://imgur.com/a/tLdZe

The result is this

1M3ZHJu.png

:simms:  :weback:

They were nobody when the game was relevant, all of the H1 pro players transitioned to H2, I think that if Walshy stayed playing H1 he would have been dominating this Legend dude.

Not much left to discuss. You are entitled to an opinion but theres no way to measure your hypothetical scenario. How much better would Walshy be than what Ogre 2 currently is? You realize that Ogre 2 is a better player in 2017 than he was in 04 right? Do you know how many people had Halo but had no idea about competitive gaming tournaments? Numerous people were nobodies because nobody knew it existed.

1000 people signing up to play game of checkers (04 Halo) might be more relevant than having 100 stick around and decide to play chess. (2017 Halo). I can only make claims off of what has already happened, like old players returning and quitting due to not being able to keep up.

Fact of the matter is Patch and Legend are two of the best and they've earned that, not by having others leave the scene but by dominating it. I'm just surprised to see both you and @ahahawow make those comments when it sounds like you guys are not familiar with the scene in any regards.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Not much left to discuss. You are entitled to an opinion but theres no way to measure your hypothetical scenario. How much better would Walshy be than what Ogre 2 currently is? You realize that Ogre 2 is a better player in 2017 than he was in 04 right? Do you know how many people had Halo but had no idea about competitive gaming tournaments? Numerous people were nobodies because nobody knew it existed.

1000 people signing up to play game of checkers (04 Halo) might be more relevant than having 100 stick around and decide to play chess. (2017 Halo). I can only make claims off of what has already happened, like old players returning and quitting due to not being able to keep up.

Fact of the matter is Patch and Legend are two of the best and they've earned that, not by having others leave the scene but by dominating it. I'm just surprised to see both you and @ahahawow make those comments when it sounds like you guys are not familiar with the scene in any regards.

How can you say the scene is competitive when is played by the same 5 dudes.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

How can you say the scene is competitive when is played by the same 5 dudes.

How can you say the scene has 5 players and that Rainbow Six Siege is a third person shooter?

When is the last time you researched any of your claims? I'm probably just being baited huh?

I highly doubt people didn't know about random spawns until 07.

People found out about the BXR and BXB's early into H2 but it wasn't so widespread until late 06 early 07.

Go find CT's post about the Halo spawn system and look at the date it was created. Go find Nexy's HeH map, the nicest one still to this date. That was done I believe in 07 and doesn't even have all the randoms.

Halo CE was primarily a 4v4 game when it was on the competitive circuit so randoms were almost impossible to give.

I don't really understand the claims being made from people who even admit they aren't sure of the games history or anything. I'm not going to sit here and debate Reach cause I have no knowledge of it's timeline. It's actually easy to learn about the history from back then and easy to find out about how the scene is now. Why not ask guys who were part of both eras?

At this point I feel bad for the lurkers of this thread watching me try to explain pointless stuff that doesn't have to do with HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 7

?

People found out about the BXR and BXB's early into H2 but it wasn't so widespread until late 06 early 07.

Go find CT's post about the Halo spawn system and look at the date it was created. Go find Nexy's HeH map, the nicest one still to this date. That was done I believe in 07 and doesn't even have all the randoms.

Halo CE was primarily a 4v4 game when it was on the competitive circuit so randoms were almost impossible to give.

I don't really understand the claims being made from people who even admit they aren't sure of the games history or anything. I'm not going to sit here and debate Reach cause I have no knowledge of it's timeline. It's actually easy to learn about the history from back then and easy to find out about how the scene is now. Why not ask guys who were part of both eras?

At this point I feel bad for the lurkers of this thread watching me try to explain pointless stuff that doesn't have to do with HCS.

There were 2v2 tourneys at plenty of mlg back then.

I mean I'm not arguing, I'm just highly skeptical that something that fundamental was understood 3 years after the game was done at tourneys. Can someone ask walshy or 2gre on Twitter?

How can you say the scene has 5 players and that Rainbow Six Siege is a third person shooter?

When is the last time you researched any of your claims? I'm probably just being baited huh?

I just find it funny that you say that Legendpimps is better than Walshy , strangepurple, Zyos and all of the legendary names in CE,