CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Tripppey just said on stream that he doesn't know his team plans yet, so I'm guessing this means he definitely left ex-Allegiance

He also mentioned it in a tweet about two weeks ago. Hopefully Allegiance stays in the halo scene.

We are officially talking about how H4 had better settings. Excuse me while I show myself out.

Can some team just shade someone or can @@Cratos do something crazy?

• Upvote (+1) 8

Do people think Halo 5 is that bad? It has its issues, but I still think it's considerably better than any phase of Halo 4 and Reach before V7.

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I even like it more than Halo 3 (granted I played very little of the MLG settings of Halo 3 so maybe that's why).

Do people really hate Halo 5 that much?

The game is no fun to play. Splinters and autos completely kill the competitiveness and no party restrictions completely kill the fun.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I don't think we can expect a whole lot of changes to 5 beyond what's already available in the options.

Read Josh Menke's matchmaking updates, he's always mentioning features that they'd like to see but won't happen in 5. He actually specified that if a feature required any UI changes then it was basically guaranteed nor to be happening.

Seems like the vast majority of people at 343 have moved on to working on H6.

Part of me is really disappointed because the ui needs a lot of work judt from an "efficient functionality" standpoint. Its a far cry from the H3 and Reach UIs.

Part of me is hopeful though because hopefully this means that the UI designers are working on the H6 UI early so they can treat it properly instead of leaving it to last like they said in The Sprint.

I think at this point the "hey just remove this for a single playlist please?" Is a lot easier sell than "rebalance this entire class of weapons everywhere so they fit in the sandbox properly" and is quicker to execute.

Fair enough. We're getting close enough to the end of this game's lifespan that speed matters. Just removing all the other autos and making ARs on map Tier 2 pick ups would be good I think, but I'm also fine with just dropping them entirely. None of it matters it 343 doesn't listen  :mj:

Tripppey just said on stream that he doesn't know his team plans yet, so I'm guessing this means he definitely left ex-Allegiance

From what i saw, i dont think hes better than any other top AM, rather have someone like Ryanoob or Rammyy (b4 he quit), its w/e to me

• Upvote (+1) 1

And to everyone saying h4 was better,  i broke my h4 disc within 1 week of play. Just LOL

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I am seeing a lot of discussion on twitter specifically about removing AR starts, which I agree would make things more competitive. Am I the only one though that would much rather see all automatics get a nerf and AR secondary starts kept?

It is probably just because my background is casual, but I like AR/magnum starts and would much rather automatics as a whole just be nerfed to not be so OP.

I'd much prefer that autos receive a nerf. I think there is a place for them in the sandbox, but not in the way they are currently balanced.

For ARs, I would maintain their current damage output, but turn magnetism and aim assist WAY DOWN and give it a heavy, but steady recoil pattern. IMO This would make give the weapon depth that would make it viable for high level play, while still making it feel like a powerful weapon at lower levels (where people don't strafe well enough for the lack of magnetism to matter).

• Upvote (+1) 2

And to everyone saying the femur is better than H4, I broke my femur within one week of play. Just LOL!

Better man than me

• Upvote (+1) 1

Should be some really good team changes coming up...gonna be cool to see what eg does if they go in with ogre 2 and contra, either spylce or tmmt will have a bunch of talent to pick through along with ALG...huke and snipedown just need to team with roy and lunchbox..that would be a solid top 3 team..

It's not a bad game, it just isn't a good Halo game.

I don't know anyone personally that still plays or talks about Halo unless we reference pre-343 days. Maybe that's just me, but it's been like that for years now.

my buddies and i still love to talk about halo in this post 343 modern era..

in our h1 lans group chat on fb   :kappa:

I'd much prefer that autos receive a nerf. I think there is a place for them in the sandbox, but not in the way they are currently balanced.

For ARs, I would maintain their current damage output, but turn magnetism and aim assist WAY DOWN and give it a heavy, but steady recoil pattern. IMO This would make give the weapon depth that would make it viable for high level play, while still making it feel like a powerful weapon at lower levels (where people don't strafe well enough for the lack of magnetism to matter).

I was just going to add that the range needs a nerf, but I suppose the additional recoil would make up for that.

perfect kills per game would go up to 11.

no joke

accidental neg my b, was trying to edit my post above. damn i was perfect for so long

• Upvote (+1) 1

why tf do you get to give your 20 cents and everyone else gets 2?

Can you fucking center your sig already, it's been days.

• Upvote (+1) 4