CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's not about trying to be stealthy. And like I said it won't make a huge difference at the top lvl, but in matchmaking it will. I just don't like people having not to work for stuff. Especially when the sound does not equal a radar.

What do you mean work for stuff? Work to buy headphones?

If you have a decent sound setup, the radar isn't telling you anything you don't already know regarding the location of the shooter.

If you don't have a decent sound setup, the radar is just giving your the info everyone else has if they are playing in stereo... you don't have to 'work' to hear things, you just have to have the right equipment.

showing up on radar while shooting does need to be removed.

That, or couldn't we just make the tac mag the starting weapon? It does seem a little more difficult to use when compared with the regular magnum.

showing up on radar while shooting does need to be removed.

That, or couldn't we just make the tac mag the starting weapon? It does seem a little more difficult to use when compared with the regular magnum.

I like it tbh, idk if i can come up with some logic to back up why i like it, but i like it.  I guess in a way it limits cross mapping, also makes pushing a closed area on a flank a little more effective.  Like snipe on coli, if you have some sort of flank while your team pushes from the other side, the other team will be shooting, and yes the sound of the shots is pretty much good enough but the radar helps.  Idk, it plays fine imo, makes certain plays more effective and certain plays less effective.  Works well with the gameplay, maybe im wrong though because i havent played much without it, but ya i actually feel like it works well

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I like it tbh, idk if i can come up with some logic to back up why i like it, but i like it. I guess in a way it limits cross mapping, also makes pushing a closed area on a flank a little more effective. Like snipe on coli, if you have some sort of flank while your team pushes from the other side, the other team will be shooting, and yes the sound of the shots is pretty much good enough but the radar helps. Idk, it plays fine imo, makes certain plays more effective and certain plays less effective. Works well with the gameplay, maybe im wrong though because i havent played much without it, but ya i actually feel like it works well

Where I have the issue with shooting showing up on the radar is when the levels of the map come into play. Yes headsets will give you a general direction of where the sound is coming from, but when I shoot and show up on radar, my opponent knows if I am directly above, below, or on the same level. THAT is the problem.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What do you mean work for stuff? Work to buy headphones?

If you have a decent sound setup, the radar isn't telling you anything you don't already know regarding the location of the shooter.

If you don't have a decent sound setup, the radar is just giving your the info everyone else has if they are playing in stereo... you don't have to 'work' to hear things, you just have to have the right equipment.

Work as in listen. Don't get the info for free.

I don't agree. The best equipment doesn't mean you can hear the best or have the best awareness. Have you heard the meme about "he has a 2000 dollar headset" in CSGO? Often used when somebody has done something that's so sick that he shouldn't have known that was going to happen, but yet he did. Often the person saying this might also imply that he is using cheats. Because it was that sick!

Only because that everybody that uses headsets hear the same things doesn't mean that they act the same or as quick. And it doesn't give you the EXACT position. It gives you direction where the sound is coming from and then your brain have to calculate where that is in the world. The radar have already done that for you. That's not the same information.

Edit: And if you say that it is the same, why does that stop a change from happening? If it doesn't matter. And don't give me that all people don't have headphones. If you are a competitor in a video game. You NEED to have a headset.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hello Everyone.

We are gearing up for a fun filled UMG Daytona event for the HCS, if there is anything I can do to help answer questions in here I will be more then happy to as much as I possibly can. Hope everyone enjoys the beach that is able to make it out and some great halo action. I will check by here as much as I can to be of assistance. <3

Best, 

Still figuring out my travel arrangements but I should be at Daytona as well with a few CE guys.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What are we actually supposed to talk about that is HCS related? There hasn't been any events, Pro League hasn't started yet, the top 4 teams only saw one roster change that will realistically keep everyone in there respective spots, and Cratos hasn't done anything to make everyone pissed off yet. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

What are we actually supposed to talk about that is HCS related? There hasn't been any events, Pro League hasn't started yet, the top 4 teams only saw one roster change that will realistically keep everyone in there respective spots, and Cratos hasn't done anything to make everyone pissed off yet. 

This is the fun tightrope we walk, we can either go full on making this thread about the HCS with nothing to talk about or we can throw in the occasional OT about other games and stuff. It does suck there hasn't been much to talk about for sure though with events so close, but hey I just finished Aliens for the first time and it was awesome :)

---------------

Plenty of spots left for tonight's $500 Premium FFA, don't forget to enter!

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Don't need to win every single little argument" and then criticizes me for not addressing a handful of other components.

Truthfully the video was mentally exhausting. There are 1,000s of factors and points you could bring up such as momentum, and the things you mentioned.

I just tried to keep it concise as possible and not go down 300 rabbit holes which I kinda already did.

Though I did bring up the failures leading up to 5. Didn't go in to detail but I mentioned "declining trust in the franchise" as a reason it may be doing poorly.

Halos condition is not due to 1 thing. Not just competition, not just gameplay but thousands of small factors. I just tried to make this video to those who use this particular argument as a dismissal of halos current problems

The video does very little to actually consider the competition of both Halo3 and Halo5 other than to say "look here's the same franchise names here and here later as well". The irony is you're trying to compare Halo's standing in two different segments of time whilst ignoring the context of both games and the other games around both that are considered 'competition'. I think what could be considered the beginnings of an attempt at weighting another franchise was GoW, something along the lines of "they always tend to go back and forth".

The easiest way to understand how useless it is to provide opposition without any form of context or weighting is to flip the situation on it's head. Remove the name from Halo series and just put it in your top 20 list without another mention. By your own metric Halo5 is 'competition' for these other games insofar as it is a historic franchise that is still around and is thus comparable. Both you and I know that the game has gone from a title that literally could move mountains in the gaming world to something relatively insignificant by it's own standards. But, by taking on the two dimensional value of 'here in 2007 and 2017' you strip away everything about the series for the sake of very shallow comparison.

When you're looking at somethings success, especially historically context is super important. You could try and piece together thousands of tiny reasons why something was successful but usually the biggest and most relevant are self evident. I don't disagree that the direction and quality of the gameplay will have definitely had an impact on Halo5's standing as a game but there is also absolutely no doubt that the contextual factors also had a big part to play.   

• Upvote (+1) 3

We honestly don't ban a lot of people, we do remove a lot of posts though. While @@FrankTheShow may be pushing the envelope at times, we aren't going to ban him for those opinions. @@Moses_FPS thinks Halo 3 isn't a good Halo game, should I ban him for that because it goes against the grain? People on the internet will say dumb and mean stuff, we will remove what we feel is unacceptable.

aTtlWaN.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I agree. Take the shooting off but keep it at the same distance to discourage sprinting.

Or just remove sprint entirely.Ssshh I know it's unrealistic but a man can dream right?

Super off topic, but is anyone else getting auto signed out on mobile? I feel like action i take requires me to sign back in

Hopefully LG gets back on scrims soon. They could be really good with a lot of practice

Sweet man yeah there will be playable Halo CE on original xboxs set up in the venue.

:)

Yup! I'm part of the group bringing them.

To anyone going to Daytona there should be one or two stations set up for Halo CE. @@McDick should be bringing a few stations and as far as I know it will be NHE. I believe we plan on capturing the gameplay but we most likely will not stream for a few reasons.

I'll be bringing extra controllers and am willing to help showcase and/or explain the game to any competitors.

• Upvote (+1) 4

271.gif

E6 had money and they flew their team out to events. ok.

But they also attacked the forums multiple times for "posting memes", joined in with MoneyMatches in creating fake twitter accounts to attack anyone who said anything bad about E6 on twitter.

They allowed Cratos to break multiple rules and make a total ass of himself and their org and did nothing about it.

They fucked over Stellur and Suspector when they were changed the amount for their contracts, which was a big reason why those players even left their teams to join anyways.

They allowed Showtime to sign into Stellur's account and not give any punishment.

Instead of releasing Bubu Dubu when they left the scene, they decided to hold him, and charge an overly insane amount of money that no org would buy out. Until MoneyMatches did, just to give the contract to Pnda.

And they worked alongside Cratos and Showtime to make sure Bubu/Shooter got fucked over by allowing them to submit a false roster and steal the pro league spot.

But yeah, one of the best orgs that Halo has ever seen.

Lol it's funny how many people believe any of this is true cus literally all of this is false. Making suspector and stellur the highest paid halo players outside of me and bubu isn't screwing them over imo
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 8

People "fatigue" on console franchises yet, since 2001 Halo has fewer entries than many of its top competitors that release new games annually.

If we are going to use the fatigue are argument, we still have to ask why are xbox gamers so tired of halo, but not tired of COD and Battlefield.

If you release a game thats fun, it will overcome fatigue... look at rainbow 6.

Rainbow 6 consistently tilts me off the face of the earth, but I still come back to play it.

Super off topic, but is anyone else getting auto signed out on mobile? I feel like action i take requires me to sign back in

Please try clearing the browser cache/cookies, this usually fixes the issue 99% of the time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Halo 6 keeps everything from H5 but just removes sprint I will be happy. 

I still need a full explanation of why sprint should be removed. The new settings have made me slow down and sprint way less often and its still nice to have it in the back pocket. 

Its no longer an issue of messing with the flow of map movement since the maps are much better catered to it in 5. An this is coming from a big fan of original Halo schematics. 

Sell me why I shouldn't want sprint. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Been reading the forums here for a long time and always just been a lurker.  I want to start being a part of this community and say Hi to everyone.  Thank you everyone for entertaining me these years and giving me something to do at work.

Welcome. 

Come on in.

Sprint right past me, to your locker.

Put on the Lime Green Toxic Blazer with the black bow tie.

• Upvote (+1) 4