CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Who is Liquid's coach again and how come no one makes the connection between his voice and mclovin?

Listen to Lifestyles' voice. It is literally Mclovin.  

Apparently Frosty/Snakebite are living at Scuf house and TJ living with his girlfriend. Still can't believe TJ is cuffed. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

I've come to the conclusion that TB Literally any community on the internet has an incredible propensity to snowball anything, even a literal joke (i.e., Str8's pool being rigged), into something massive.

Fixed that for you.

Apparently Frosty/Snakebite are living at Scuf house and TJ living with his girlfriend. Still can't believe TJ is cuffed. 

It is called growing up! Cant be a kid forever, good for him.

I've been thinking a little bit about this forum the past couple hours. I've come to the conclusion that TB has an incredible propensity to snowball anything, even a literal joke (i.e., Str8's pool being rigged), into something massive. I have no doubt that this is somewhat due to the stagnating nature of Halo and the resulting lack of things to talk about or be excited about.

Everyone knew Str8's pool wasn't rigged, but we just kept poking and poking and prodding it until it reached critical mass and Frank pounced for the kill. It's amazing this community is still this active with so little to talk about. I have a theory that once a forum reaches a certain level of meme-production, it becomes self-sustaining.

lol

Never change TB, quality shit to read always

Edit: Will Teabag all of you on sight  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 4

Also, is the anti-Coach sentiment a new thing or has it been around for a while?

You mean stopwatches?

Speaking of toxic discussion, i think the dogpiling on Spartan in here is awful.

Haha DOGPILING, I see what you did there.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Shout out to the guy I saw in West Seattle waiting for the bus this morning and wearing an HCS jacket. I hope your rent is good :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Of course not, nor if they had a pro league spot too.

Trashing players publicly for negotiations while simultaneously trashing the scene is even douchier than any of Spartans rants.

The way he talks you'd think alg moved the needle like optic did.

@@Tashi get rid alg skins and give us str8 already

accidental neg. I wasn't even looking at the screen and then look back and I see I've given you an neg

Complaining about how pros/coaches/ etc don't post here, and then attacking them when they do makes the forums seem like traps.

Man I miss when this place was full of rent prices, burger joints, and memes. I'll be back when offseasons over.

Have a good night/day TB.

• Upvote (+1) 2

THE CIRCLE OF BEYOND (real version)

Event happens, Beyond actually talks about HCS for 3 days

-->

Nothing happens for a week

-->

-Frank needlessly antagonizes someone

or

-COD trailer comes out

or

-343 employee sneezes

-->

Thread turns into uninhabitable cesspool until the next event

Does talking about another game really turn this place into a cesspool? I think its fun to get a halo fan's take on other titles and discussing what other games do well with their competitive scene gives good ideas to what halo could incorporate when it comes to venues, marketings, giveaways, promotions etc.

And honestly there have been more pages of love for the new settings than anything id consider a cesspool

I cant wait till the second placement cup to determine the 8th seed and roster lock so we can see more scrims happening

Does talking about another game really turn this place into a cesspool?

Absolutely not.

When a CoD trailer discussion turns into the same tired talking points we've been going on about for four years? Another story.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that the state Halo is in sucks, I just wish it'd stay out of this thread. There's a Halo 5 discussion thread for a reason. This thread is supposed to be the most viable place on the internet to talk about HCS and 85% of the time it's just the same 8 people circlejerking about how shit Halo is.

But if that's how the mods want to run it, fair play to them.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lemme lay something down real quick.

I've been at TB since the beginning, when Halo 4 comp was all we had and we huddled around AGL tournaments like a trash barrel fire, hoping and praying for better days. I had the distinct viewpoint of someone that came in after the apocalypse, after the glow of MLG had long since faded. I witnessed competitive Halo fans scraping together what they could to keep the dream alive because we loved this franchise and we knew what it had been and could be capable of.

This is not an easy bunch of people to work your way into. These are hardened, bitter fans that know what Halo looks like at its very core and aren't shy to say it. They're opinionated, brash and argumentative, untrusting, wild-eyed, grizzled veterans that are focused on survival rather than thriving because we don’t know what tomorrow will look like.

What else would you expect out of those that spectated the end of the world?

As a long-time member, I don't expect politeness. I don't expect terribly compassionate answers to old questions. I don't expect those who had their dreams crushed repeated to have any sort of optimism left.

Underneath all of that, there's still embers of a fire that's gone out but I can still feel the heat when I peruse this thread. Beneath the cold exterior of a forum that has a reputation of being difficult and elitist lies a belief that Halo has, to quote the philosopher Rocky Balboa, stuff left in the basement that just won't let it stay down for the count.

I've joked before about only coming to Team Beyond solely with an anthropological interest, and that's actually not untrue. I come back day after day because this culture is absolutely fascinating, and I want other Halo players to see the beauty in the depth of it, not just at the intimidating exterior. There is a hard-won, hardscrabble, hard-nosed community that insists you earn your spot. Even when you go against the grain to do so, you still find a seat at the table, because at its core, Team Beyond loves Halo and respects other players that carry that love in their hearts, even if it's grudgingly so.

I'm just a scrub from Maine that joined because I wanted to understand what made competitive Halo players tick, and I want to continue to do so for many years to come. Even if all of this comes to nothing, even if Halo dies a death with all the grace and poise of a meteorite, I'll be here, watching, offering haikus and advice to forum newbies. I want to be a witness to the competitive Halo scene, whether this ends up being its final days or finest hour.

Because God Almighty as my witness, I'm a sucker for the underdog story.

PS: Four years and I've never used the ignore feature. Even if you say something I feel is patentedly incorrect and ill-informed, I respect your opinion, and I say that with zero trace of sarcasm.

Holy shit, this was actually really fun to read.

• Upvote (+1) 7

He's complaining on Twitter because stuff didn't go his way. It seems like he wanted to get into Halo again and the price is too steep. He regurgitated the same thing 50 times and acted like it was going to be some revelation. I can't stand anything more than someone with status getting away with saying stupid shit because of who they are.

If he's already been in the scene and is looking to get back in but it's too expensive to be worth it, wouldn't there be a lot of other orgs that do the same thing.

From my perspective he's not saying anything stupid, he's telling us about behind the scenes things that we don't know. And he's looking at it the same as other org owners who may be thinking about getting into halo. He might have tweeted it because his team didn't get into worlds, but it is all true and we should be worried because other org owners are thinking the same things.

Lemme lay something down real quick.

I've been at TB since the beginning, when Halo 4 comp was all we had and we huddled around AGL tournaments like a trash barrel fire, hoping and praying for better days. I had the distinct viewpoint of someone that came in after the apocalypse, after the glow of MLG had long since faded. I witnessed competitive Halo fans scraping together what they could to keep the dream alive because we loved this franchise and we knew what it had been and could be capable of.

This is not an easy bunch of people to work your way into. These are hardened, bitter fans that know what Halo looks like at its very core and aren't shy to say it. They're opinionated, brash and argumentative, untrusting, wild-eyed, grizzled veterans that are focused on survival rather than thriving because we don’t know what tomorrow will look like.

What else would you expect out of those that spectated the end of the world?

As a long-time member, I don't expect politeness. I don't expect terribly compassionate answers to old questions. I don't expect those who had their dreams crushed repeated to have any sort of optimism left.

Underneath all of that, there's still embers of a fire that's gone out but I can still feel the heat when I peruse this thread. Beneath the cold exterior of a forum that has a reputation of being difficult and elitist lies a belief that Halo has, to quote the philosopher Rocky Balboa, stuff left in the basement that just won't let it stay down for the count.

I've joked before about only coming to Team Beyond solely with an anthropological interest, and that's actually not untrue. I come back day after day because this culture is absolutely fascinating, and I want other Halo players to see the beauty in the depth of it, not just at the intimidating exterior. There is a hard-won, hardscrabble, hard-nosed community that insists you earn your spot. Even when you go against the grain to do so, you still find a seat at the table, because at its core, Team Beyond loves Halo and respects other players that carry that love in their hearts, even if it's grudgingly so.

I'm just a scrub from Maine that joined because I wanted to understand what made competitive Halo players tick, and I want to continue to do so for many years to come. Even if all of this comes to nothing, even if Halo dies a death with all the grace and poise of a meteorite, I'll be here, watching, offering haikus and advice to forum newbies. I want to be a witness to the competitive Halo scene, whether this ends up being its final days or finest hour.

Because God Almighty as my witness, I'm a sucker for the underdog story.

PS: Four years and I've never used the ignore feature. Even if you say something I feel is patentedly incorrect and ill-informed, I respect your opinion, and I say that with zero trace of sarcasm.

On second thought, im gonna stay around. Thats some good s***

• Upvote (+1) 2

If he's already been in the scene and is looking to get back in but it's too expensive to be worth it, wouldn't there be a lot of other orgs that do the same thing.

From my perspective he's not saying anything stupid, he's telling us about behind the scenes things that we don't know. And he's looking at it the same as other org owners who may be thinking about getting into halo. He might have tweeted it because his team didn't get into worlds, but it is all true and we should be worried because other org owners are thinking the same things.

Some of the things he said are true but Orgs have still joined halo and stuck with halo through worse. Luminosity, a massive Org, joined when viewership was at its lowest and worlds money hadn't been announced. Splyce picked up a team that had no Pro league spot. Soar picked up a Latin America team that had little hope of placing high at worlds and no pro league. Some of the blame goes to players for splitting up and leaving orgs behind. I personally would want 8 good sized orgs and then many smaller orgs to help support the AM scene. Orgs like StdX, Panda and cryptik. 

• Upvote (+1) 1