CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm thinking we should start preparing a required viewing list for Hitch for his research for the Halo Doc he's making: Here's some off the top of my head:

Every Episode of Walshy's Halo History:

Ghandi's Halo History Series:

I'm sure Hitch will find each of these on his own but I know there's some obscure videos we'll need to bring to his attention. 

Want to create a thread? or a pastebin to add to for him so it's all in one place?

• Upvote (+1) 1

stellur, snipedown, roy, huke 

these theoretical teams are kind of cool 

That's a defeatist's attitude.

Doing nothing surely isn't better than doing something.

Nah, we have just been around the block long enough to know how this works. 

We have been fighting the same battles since 2010.

• Upvote (+1) 1

holy shit. Ogre2 was just down by something absurd like 20 kills in H:CE on MCC playing a 1 v 2 and came back to win 50 to 49.

SEevJ3V6SviXDL4cEX3w_g9.gif

Team Beyond, your #1 stop for the first Google Images result for "goat"

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do you guys think Danoxide and naded will stick together?

You think they're gonna split up and lose the pro seed after all that? honestly whatever happens with CP, I hope they stick. not a fan of that team but I can't deny the duo.

honestly one of my favourite HCS-related gifs:

edit: just noticed @@valaea's post about Dan's comments. I thought they needed to stick together to keep their seed, but thats interesting

• Upvote (+1) 4

The BR should not be a starting weapon that thing is piss easy. Shouldn't even be in the game honestly it's such a joke.

perfect kills per game would go up to 11.

no joke

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I am seeing a lot of discussion on twitter specifically about removing AR starts, which I agree would make things more competitive. Am I the only one though that would much rather see all automatics get a nerf and AR secondary starts kept?

It is probably just because my background is casual, but I like AR/magnum starts and would much rather automatics as a whole just be nerfed to not be so OP.

• Upvote (+1) 1

holy shit.  Ogre2 was just down by something absurd like 20 kills in H:CE on MCC playing a 1 v 2 and came back to win 50 to 49.

"Hold my dick."

-Ogre2, probably

• Upvote (+1) 5

I am seeing a lot of discussion on twitter specifically about removing AR starts, which I agree would make things more competitive. Am I the only one though that would much rather see all automatics get a nerf and AR secondary starts kept?

It is probably just because my background is casual, but I like AR/magnum starts and would much rather automatics as a whole just be nerfed to not be so OP.

Autos as a whole will never get nerfed because the casual community likes them powerful.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Autos as a whole will never get nerfed because the casual community likes them powerful.

Proving Grounds shows they're at least willing to move away from the dumb pipe dream of universal settings so maybe. Personally I would also rather a nerf, but I don't care as long as something is done.

Also I agree with @@My Namez BEAST, the BR is way too easy and also needs a nerf or be removed. Honestly the only rifle I can stand is the LR. 

Want to create a thread? or a pastebin to add to for him so it's all in one place?

Does he lurk here? He should fly out to the Beach LAN if he wants to cover some old halo stuff

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Except @@Neighbor already mentioned they were going to look at the automatics sandbox...

holy shit.  Ogre2 was just down by something absurd like 20 kills in H:CE on MCC playing a 1 v 2 and came back to win 50 to 49.

The most shocking part about this is that it means there are still 3 people left playing MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I don't think we can expect a whole lot of changes to 5 beyond what's already available in the options.

Read Josh Menke's matchmaking updates, he's always mentioning features that they'd like to see but won't happen in 5. He actually specified that if a feature required any UI changes then it was basically guaranteed nor to be happening.

Seems like the vast majority of people at 343 have moved on to working on H6.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

can we just get HCS req weapons so we don't have to cater to no thumb 9 year olds????

I asked for a shock rifle a while ago. No idea how it would be balanced within this cluttered sandbox, but I wouldn't mind having some weapons that required some thought behind shooting em

• Upvote (+1) 1