CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

But the casual crowd believes they are catering the competitive community's wants and desires in gameplay. They tried to force both groups into the same group. It just doesn't work. People want an Arena like playlist, with radar, with forge maps, with new maps. Comp players want an Arena like playlist with no radar, no autos, no dlc maps, maybe forge, maybe other modified settings. Neither side is being represented in what should be the definitive core playlist. It's a hybrid that pleases very few. 

The people who like to pickup and play this game casually don't play this game. My friends fled the scene within a week or two maybe. They couldn't play at my rank, and hated feeling responsible for losing. That is not a casual setting at all. I know they have a social list now, whether or not that actually works I have no idea. I left after accomplishing what I set out to do, because I had no friends left wanting to play. 

H3/Reach populations were just fine serving both sides of the coin. 

That's what we are saying?

Let each niche that wants to play play the game their way.  Dont force everybody to start with pistol/AR, dont force everybody to use radar, etc.  The 18 meter radar was always a weird compromise.  If the AR is going to be so fucking powerful, you can't spawn with it in Comp etc.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Welp that's the final straw. Had my brother and a close friend inform me that they don't care about sprint whether it's in or out. People vastly underestimate sprint. It is the current number one issue with Halo gameplay. Aside from gameplay our number 1 issue is no LAN, but anyway. I'm going to take some time later this week to make a video talking about sprint and why it plagues Halo. If anybody has any arguments they would like to add just @ me or pm me. Thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Confused as to what your point is?

CoD games last longer because of their casual settings than their competitive. The competitive scene is done with the game after a year, but people still play the games for much longer, and it's always in the top10 most played.

That's what we are saying?

Let each niche that wants to play play the game their way.  Dont force everybody to start with pistol/AR, dont force everybody to use radar, etc.  The 18 meter radar was always a weird compromise.  If the AR is going to be so fucking powerful, you can't spawn with it in Comp etc.

I just disagree with how he said it. Taking a shot saying the casual settings will suck after a month; is not going to endear the casual side of the community. We all want different things, we shouldn't be making statements that pit one vs the other. 

oh snap. But yeah. No radar is going to be a giant sprint fest. Yay?

can't have a giant sprint fest if sprint is disabled

reece.JPG

• Downvote (-1) 1

CoD games last longer because of their casual settings than their competitive. The competitive scene is done with the game after a year, but people still play the games for much longer, and it's always in the top10 most played.

That's the definition of what I said, a competitive game played casually.

I am not sure if this was posted earlier.

Did anyone watch Hecz's vlog today? He said he and hitch were discussing an idea that hitch had (Maybe the Halo doc?).

Then he said that locking down sponsors for it would be hard, but that they have an "amazing team that could hit some home runs with this idea". Seeing as they just won the HWC... possibly?

What do you guys think?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm definitely in for ATL now.

When is it? I've been traveling too much for LANs lately so I don't know if I can swing this. I didn't plan on going to any H5 events anymore.

holy shit.  Ogre2 was just down by something absurd like 20 kills in H:CE on MCC playing a 1 v 2 and came back to win 50 to 49.

Who was he playing?

At the NJ LAN we had a practice noob there who could shoot and knew the map layouts and stuff but not randoms and nade points. Poonmaster played with him and dropped a 40 bomb against me and someone else for the win. Wasn't a proud moment but it's crazy to see Poonmaster go off in such a team oriented game where he was getting fucked because of his partner. Didn't matter though because he's good enough to dong on the majority of the CE players. (He finished 3rd at BL5)

Please correct me if I'm wrong (I genuinely don't have any real knowledge in this area) but I thought theoretically bloom was more skillfully? Because it forces you to time your shots perfectly, effectively stopping people spamming shots etc.

I get it adds randomness but this was my understanding of what Ola was saying? Like I said I could well be wrong, always interested in stuff like this.

If that was the goal of bloom, why couldn't the rate of fire be decreased while maintaining perfect accuracy? That's really not a necessary skill to promote anyways.

Bloom is inherently less skillful because you are left to chance in being able to hit your target if you were to speed up your trigger. Players who mindlessly spam without accounting for bloom could still be rewarded against players who took the time to pace their shots because the game liked the noob more in that gunfight. It is the most frustrating and least efficient mechanic to "increase" the shooting skill gap.

Welcome to the forums!

I get the joke/sarcasm, just as a long time lurker I've seen mostly complaints, and some very stupid complaints so just incase

It's fun to think that 343 is actively avoiding and ignoring the competitive community's advice for competitive settings, but I'm getting the idea that the people who have power over such settings are only concerned with going to work, putting in their hours, and collecting their pay check at the end of the week.

It's either this, or there actually isn't someone that has that type of authority.

It seems that most of the issues at 343 are typical of the bueauracratic issues that come with being a massive studio. The more specialized each internal team is, the more sign-offs required to get anything done. The effect is amplified when the product isn't anyone's "baby" and you have outsiders trying to recreate lightening in a bottle.

This leads to a bunch of meetings about meetings and very little action actually being taken, because their first needs to be another meeting. That's why whenever we do get a response to feedback it's "we're listening and gathering feedback" or " we've started the conversations" and never a confirmation of understanding or commitment to a fix.

They really need a restructuring. Why is the HCS team beholden to the Arena team which is beholden to the sandbox team? If there was one team with one goal, they could more quickly and effectively meet the needs of the consumers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

idk if this should be "h5" thread talk or what but when i tried br start with no sprint or radar it was glorious. people defending sprint & pistol probably started after h3 (inb4 pistol was h1: not the same weapon or sandbox) also, with a br start it makes sense to have assault rifle and storm rifle pickups...

The pistol being the hardest precision weapon in the game -> pistol starts, please.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm thinking we should start preparing a required viewing list for Hitch for his research for the Halo Doc he's making: Here's some off the top of my head:

Every Episode of Walshy's Halo History:

Ghandi's Halo History Series:

I'm sure Hitch will find each of these on his own but I know there's some obscure videos we'll need to bring to his attention. 

Zola documentary as well

Hate to be the one to break this gents, but after a few years of doing this type of shit - the end result will be a non-response from Quinn or whoever the community manager is that week. 

Shit is a waste of time for 99% of it. They have their set agenda and they will stick to it until the bitter end. 

Pro Players are asleep at the wheel for the most part and a majority of them dont bother saying anything until its too late. The ones that do speak up face the same super fun experience I described above.

IMO from my experience running Beyond, 343 doesnt want to hear it unless you are giving them a high five.

That's a defeatist's attitude.

Doing nothing surely isn't better than doing something.

You're in for a treat with Andromeda..

(Mass Effects 1-3 were goats btw, don't care about ending - still an amazing series overall)

I'm a nerd, so the Indoc Theory made the ME3 ending a lot better for me.