CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Gravedigging a response to @@Cooper from a long time ago (RIP). Please pros - this is the kind of thing you need to do to convince the powers that be at 343 about No Radar vs. Proving Grounds Radar vs. Standard Radar.

These drive-by iOS notes tweets won't do shit because 343 will dismiss them as low-effort or not fully thought out.

Bomb Planted featuring a few pros would be a start

• Upvote (+1) 1

Optic players rarely if ever complain about these sort of things publicly, I can remember the one time they did and it was about the Fuel Rod, I think this was after they lost to Nv in Pro League, not so sure tho.

Hit markers, sprint and the rest of Spartan abilities might feel like they are exclusive to Optic players but in actuality they are not, we all can use them to our advantage.

Oh and please someone correct me if I'm wrong but the Fuel Rod that Optic players was complaining about, was it on Midship?, and if it was, is it still there?

• Downvote (-1) 8

Optic players rarely if ever complain about these sort of things publicly, I can remember the one time they did and it was about the Fuel Rod, I think this was after they lost to Nv in Pro League, not so sure tho.

Hit markers, sprint and the rest of Spartan abilities might feel like they are exclusive to Optic players but in actuality they are not, we all can use them to our advantage.

Oh and please someone correct me if I'm wrong but the Fuel Rod that Optic players was complaining about, was it on Midship?, and if it was, is it still there?

OpTic rarely complains? Tune into a Royal 2 stream and say that again. Or even Frosty. Most pros have openly bashed many things about this game especially the bulkshit aiming.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Please correct me if I'm wrong (I genuinely don't have any real knowledge in this area) but I thought theoretically bloom was more skillfully? Because it forces you to time your shots perfectly, effectively stopping people spamming shots etc.

I get it adds randomness but this was my understanding of what Ola was saying? Like I said I could well be wrong, always interested in stuff like this.

If you really want to reward good aim, you make the weapon itself harder to use, dont introduce an element of randomness.  With full bloom, somebody randomly spamming while aiming at your nuts has a chance to kill you before you can kill them if you are pacing your shots perfectly.  It had the potential to be, and often was, rewarding to the spammer with poor aim over the methodical perfect shot placement of someone with great aim.

That in a nutshell is why bloom sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd take this art style over whatever is out now

DEGFf.jpg

FWIW, the Halo YouTube scene is laying waste to the new art style lately.  They're really pushing for the old art style to come back.  Halo Wars 2 seems to be a good step in the right direction on that front.

• Upvote (+1) 1

OpTic rarely complains? Tune into a Royal 2 stream and say that again. Or even Frosty. Most pros have openly bashed many things about this game especially the bulkshit aiming.

pile_of_shit.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

pile_of_shit.gif
I'd say the typo actually made my post better so I shall take it.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Would love to see the Optic podcast talk about changes that need to come to the game, changes players want to come to the game, stuff that's a long shot but would be fun to test out and try (no sprint) and also the HaloWC issues of course. 

Danoxide just said on stream that he doesn't know if he's sticking with his current team (he didn't sound optimistic) ... not exactly mind-blowing news, but, yeah

edit: he also said Cratos lost the Str8 series for them (called him out on his performance in games 1-2)

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Every time I watch pros play, it gives me the urge to want to play. When I log on and queue up solo, i remember why I dont play as much as I want to. Current flavor of the month is Proving Grounds and with that I get:

Unfair matches, shitty maps, shitty game types, automatics everywhere and fucken maps with glare. I hate how there is fucken glare on maps like cmon.

I just want halo to be fun & good again, I really don't want to quit on this franchise but 343 is really making it easy to.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hate to be the one to break this gents, but after a few years of doing this type of shit - the end result will be a non-response from Quinn or whoever the community manager is that week. 

Shit is a waste of time for 99% of it. They have their set agenda and they will stick to it until the bitter end. 

Pro Players are asleep at the wheel for the most part and a majority of them dont bother saying anything until its too late. The ones that do speak up face the same super fun experience I described above.

IMO from my experience running Beyond, 343 doesnt want to hear it unless you are giving them a high five.

Let's not forget when you're constructive about issues before release, they'll blacklist you to make sure you don't get a media copy if they feel potential damage could be done.

Yes, those at 343i went out of their way to make sure we didn't get a copy to review or cover for Halo 5: Guardians.

Then I guess there's nothing that needs to be said

Let's not forget when you're constructive about issues before release, they'll blacklist you to make sure you don't get a media copy if they feel potential damage could be done.

Yes, those at 343i went out of their way to make sure we didn't get a copy to review or cover for Halo 5: Guardians.

Are you being facetious cause that reasoning sounds really conspiracy theory-like, but by all means, elaborate.

Danoxide just said on stream that he doesn't know if he's sticking with current team (he didn't sound optimistic) ... not exactly mind-blowing news, but, yeah

edit: he also said Cratos lost the Str8 series for them (called him out on his performance in games 1-2)

Danoxide to LG could be a good team move but idk if Ninja could deal with the raptor noises

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are you being facetious cause that reasoning sounds really conspiracy theory-like, but by all means, elaborate.

From what I understand, 343i didn't take kindly to an article of ours discussing the lack of gametypes for the launch of Halo 5.

We did get Halo Wars 2 though :D

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its not.  It happened when TB was critical of the apparent lack of franchise-staple features pre-launch.  

Hate to be the one to break this gents, but after a few years of doing this type of shit - the end result will be a non-response from Quinn or whoever the community manager is that week. 

Shit is a waste of time for 99% of it. They have their set agenda and they will stick to it until the bitter end. 

Pro Players are asleep at the wheel for the most part and a majority of them dont bother saying anything until its too late. The ones that do speak up face the same super fun experience I described above.

IMO from my experience running Beyond, 343 doesnt want to hear it unless you are giving them a high five.

Just get Cursed Lemon on there and let him scream at 343 for how dumb they are. I still go back and watch the episode where we saw all the shit that was going to be in h5 and Lemon really went off. Still makes me happy.

Danoxide to LG could be a good team move but idk if Ninja could deal with the raptor noises

Not the type of player LG needs.

Also Ninja and Danoxide tilting would be catastrophic lmao