CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't even like thinking about MCC tbh

It was probably top 3 most disappointing moments of my entire life

MCC was our golden ticket to get a mass of halo fans back on Xbox, now our only chance is H3A or a string of GOOD halo games

Yeah a string of good halo games is 10 years minimum...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've played a lot of HCS Preview and Extermination this weekend and every single game at least 1 person quit on my team. I also couldn't find a game, every other game. I'd have to back out of the search and then try again, then would get a game quite easily. H5 is so trash.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I hate to distract fron the discussion but does anybody have a link to the clip of Victory yelling "what are you doing" to Cratos?

Saw this on reddit. Am super triggered

These are the dudes with gamertags like.

HaloCEGod

ClanKing

WarthogDriver69

Playing dudes like this on the old settings was the reason the old settings sucked. These guys could whip out their AR and clean u up.

With the new settings u can destroy these kids so much easier. Halo has to have a competitive and social element though. I think its part of halo for a lot of people

Some dudes just love jumping in a warthog and driving around...

These new settings are closer to a good competitive feel..i hope they dont bring the AR

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hadn't seen this Shotzzy interview posted:

Bonus Reach 1v1 (at age 9 or something lol):

• Upvote (+1) 7

Extermination is so fun. Change a few things, add the radar and no ARs etc and i think it could be used competitively.

Also servers are trash

I am not impressed with Extermination.  The most effective strategy is still to just rush with your AR.  

After playing the new HCS settings, i just dont think i can play anything that has AR starts.... seeing what the game plays like without AR starts really just emphasizes how trash they are.

I love how Cratos is just sulking when the camera pans over to him.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Bonus Reach 1v1 (at age 9 or something lol):

That map is so much better than anything we have rn

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Maybe you could do most time with 3 dead? Idk if that's even possible

Maybe you could do limited lives? Win by having every member of the other team dead or killing them all 3 times?

Not a bad idea until they end up having the pro circuit cycle through whichever title is newest at the time so people still have to play the Spartan Ops ones professionally

I don't think that's a bad thing though. H5 has been great to watch tourney wise. I just think complaints wouldn't be as large knowing that the game following would be classic halo.

It's easy for cod to switch up and go back to boots on ground, because it's a yearly release with alternating developers.

yes

I thought it was, he invited me after matching him a few times. Where he destoryed me (I still finished top of my team every game mind) and played what must have been 10+ games.

Probably the most fun I have had on Halo in years, even though I was matching up against people with better shots then mine, having a pro and decent team mates, was such a good experience.

Just having team shooting again made a massive difference. Mopping up a kill with a sweat headshot saving a team mate or chipping away at an enemy across the map and them getting finished off for a change.

If thats what playing onxy/champion level halo is like, it's a world apart from Plat/diamond.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That map is so much better than anything we have rn

I would prefer seeing Halo die than watching again grey blocks forge maps. Reach was the fucking worst.

Especially since it came right after Halo 3.. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

I would prefer seeing Halo die than watching again grey blocks forge maps. Reach was the fucking worst.

Especially since it came right after Halo 3.. 

Swordbase, Powerhouse, Boardwalk, Reflection, Zealot, Countdown.

Clearly Reach had the best 4v4 launch maps, lets not forget forge gems like The Cage and Pinnacle to rival the likes of Orion and Pegasus.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I must live in a good location for servers. Ive had nothing but smooth matches since launch. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Swordbase, Powerhouse, Boardwalk, Reflection, Zealot, Countdown.

Clearly Reach had the best 4v4 launch maps, lets not forget forge gems like The Cage and Pinnacle to rival the likes of Orion and Pegasus.

Let's not pretend H3 had a great resume at launch either.

Pit with attic spawns

Construct with maulers top lifts

Guardian with a flare

Isolation

Snowbound

Epitaph

High Ground

And Narrows

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I am not impressed with Extermination. The most effective strategy is still to just rush with your AR.

After playing the new HCS settings, i just dont think i can play anything that has AR starts.... seeing what the game plays like without AR starts really just emphasizes how trash they are.

The new HCS settings now emphasize the issue of precision weapon balancing and the blatant advantage of the BR vs pistol. 343's inability to understand the fundamental reasoning behind equal starts frustrates me like no other.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Let's not pretend H3 had a great resume at launch either.

Pit with attic spawns

Construct with maulers top lifts

Guardian with a flare

Isolation

Snowbound

Epitaph

High Ground

And Narrows

Equipment  :wutface:

I've always been an H2>H3 guy, but this post just reinforced how inferior a lot of H3's maps were. 

• Upvote (+1) 4