CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i think they understand the game better than you dude

oh snap. But yeah. No radar is going to be a giant sprint fest. Yay?

https://twitter.com/Mikwen_nV/status/846575340197695488

my god. what kind of politics must there be going on within 343 industries for some/many of their staff to not even KNOW about these concerns??

I sincerely hope you stay in contact with those people directly @@Mikwen. Simply tweeting at/talking to people like Quinn acts as a filter to those internal folk. The fact that they don't even know about these issues seems to indicate to me that whoever the middle-men are between the community and the internal people (aka quinn, ske7ch, whoever else) are either intentionally blocking certain viewpoints or they're just inept at communicating these concerms

if you can, get some of these people's emails directly and send them content the community has made (snipedown's video a few months ago, that list of constructive feedback cyren keeps posting, whatever else you can find/remember).

it's a desperate effort honestly but we need to skip over people like quinn and maybe it'll work. plus they know you now and trust your opinion because of your skill so it's much better coming from you than from randoms like us

edit: either that or these design dudes were humoring you, but you'd have to make that judgement call

.............I don't even,what?How can you not know these things? Someone just needs to a write up of this train wreck starting from day one with citations,and send it kotaku,polygon,or ign.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Is there a photo album anywhere with pictures throughout the weekend? Or should I go back to the World Finals thread and delve into those pages?

What @@Saucey said above. I'd also read @@Enemies Aglow 's fantastic post on page 19 of this thread.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Def go back into the Worlds thread and read through here on Beyond, but here are others worth taking a look at.

Photos from ASTRO: https://www.flickr.com/photos/astrogaming/sets/72157678549255374

Kotaku Article (Read) - http://compete.kotaku.com/fans-are-ripping-the-halo-world-championship-for-its-sh-1793643606

NeoGAF Thread (Worth the read) - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1355420

What @@Saucey said above. I'd also read @@Enemies Aglow 's fantastic post on page 19 of this thread.

Thanks guys! I'm catching up right now. Watching H3cz's blog right now. 

I just can't believe we've downgraded to a tent. I feel like someone needs to be fired/replaced over this. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks guys! I'm catching up right now. Watching H3cz's blog right now. 

I just can't believe we've downgraded to a tent. I feel like someone needs to be fired/replaced over this. 

Ah yeah I forgot H3cz video - thats a good one to watch as well. 

.............I don't even,what?How can you not know these things? Someone just needs to a write up of this train wreck starting from day one with citations,and send it kotaku,polygon,or ign.

Kotaku and Polygon are too busy complaining about Jontron or how their isn't enough diversity in Mass Effect to care about Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

New REQs dropping soon:

knFVQN2.png

5raH7OR.png

tMRN5aD.gif

These are glorious. You're on a totally different playing field than the rest of us.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That neogaf thread is pretty telling of 343's stance on the issue because generally whenever there's a thread there that critizies 343 Frank is there within 2 pages to defend it and it's currently up to 16 pages now.

You know what else 343 did this with the broken ass MCC looks there going to try and sweep this under the rug and hope people will forget about it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

people defending pistol probably started after h3 (inb4 pistol was h1: not the same weapon or sandbox)

This shit is ridiculous, come on. At this point I'm certain the dislike of the pistol start is just because 343 did it. The precision weapon sandbox in H5 is different from 2/3/Reach as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still think it's best to have radar just be for teammates only. This leaves a form a radar in the game, promotes teamwork which 343 loves, helps noobs which 343 loves, and still keeps no radar in terms of enemies which is what pro players want. This is a win/win right? 

They're spartans anyways don't they have some kinda radar jamming technology when fighting others? Suits would be pretty lame if they didn't, come on 343 shore up your canon:P 

Yeah I'm pretty surprised that Pros aren't embracing the new Radar, they should know by now that 343 will never remove radar altogether.

• Downvote (-1) 1

i think they understand the game better than you dude

I'm sure they understand the current meta and how to play far, far better than I or anyone else here does. The doesn't necessarily mean they know best in terms of game design.

For example Pistola's comment about bloom taking more skill. I also remember watching Snipedown streaming the H5 beta and him complaining about strongholds.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I could probably enjoy watching No Radar with sprint still in.. I mean I enjoy watching the pros compete as it is currently. But I would hate to play this game even more if sprint stayed with no radar. I can already feel my blood begin to boil from envisioning spartan charge after spartan charge. 

I'm sure they understand the current meta and how to play far, far better than I or anyone else here does. The doesn't necessarily mean they know best in terms of game design.

For example Pistola's comment about bloom taking more skill. I also remember watching Snipedown streaming the H5 beta and him complaining about strongholds.

Please correct me if I'm wrong (I genuinely don't have any real knowledge in this area) but I thought theoretically bloom was more skillfully? Because it forces you to time your shots perfectly, effectively stopping people spamming shots etc.

I get it adds randomness but this was my understanding of what Ola was saying? Like I said I could well be wrong, always interested in stuff like this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is out of left park, but I wonder if 343i picked ESL because they wouldn't want to change their settings? They know MLG has a history of changing the base game and that scared them.

Sorry if this topic has been passed over by now, I'm still catching up, but I don't think this is out of left field at all, I've been thinking this for quite some time. They clearly want to have complete control over the competitive scene.

They clearly don't want to let an external actor (whether that's MLG, pros, competitive community, etc.) influence and drive their competitive scene, and I think it's because they're afraid it will conflict with their vision for the game and it's competitive scene. I don't think they want to "get trapped" supporting a scene they can't control. I'm sure they have some financial incentive somewhere as well.

IMO, 343's "vision" of Halo has always been the problem. In the MP, the campaign, how they think Halo is/should-be enjoyed/played, etc. They just don't "get" Halo. It's just stupid, you're given a beloved well-selling franchise, and a passionate community of (a lot of) dedicated fans. Just make the game for them. Make the game Halo fans want, not the one you want them to want, and support the communities that have invested their time and passion for over a decade.

I think that when we call out Quinn, we're calling out everyone at 343 who shares this philosophy, that they somehow need to bend the community to their vision of Halo.  As much good intention as there may be, at the end of the day it's an arrogant way to think, considering that the community has been - and will be - around longer than anyone working at 343.

Seriously, Griffball, BTB, Breakout and SWAT all have settings that differ from the vanilla H5 offering.  Why the heck can't we get one?  

• Upvote (+1) 2

• Go and gather 8 pros. Send them PMs, send them twitter messages. You're going to want to try to go for the analytical and well-spoken ones. RyaNoob is a good example. Snakebite is another. Don't go after pros like Maniac.
  • Come up with a set time and date. Try and choose a time that work the best for your 8 pros that you have hopefully gathered by now. Have them play ONE full set of gametypes. Change a single variable for this. My recommendation is go for no radar.
  • Are you ready for this part? This is the most important. Try to moderate a healthy UNBIASED discussion (maybe this part wouldn't be best for you @@Cooper). You're going to want to get as MUCH information out of these pros as possible. How did the game play out differently? How did power positions on the map change with no radar? Did you feel as if flanks were more successful or less successful? Questions like this.
  • Try to quantify the results. You want some evidence. Because that's what you're lacking right now.
  • Bonus points for creating a nice and easy to digest video / write-up on the merits of no radar.

Gravedigging a response to @@Cooper from a long time ago (RIP). Please pros - this is the kind of thing you need to do to convince the powers that be at 343 about No Radar vs. Proving Grounds Radar vs. Standard Radar.

These drive-by iOS notes tweets won't do shit because 343 will dismiss them as low-effort or not fully thought out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I could probably enjoy watching No Radar with sprint still in.. I mean I enjoy watching the pros compete as it is currently. But I would hate to play this game even more if sprint stayed with no radar. I can already feel my blood begin to boil from envisioning spartan charge after spartan charge. 

so take out sprint and spartan charge and while we're at it take out ground pound, clamber, thrust, rockets, and all auto too. There, game fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1