CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just because we got (some) of what we wanted after 500+ days after release doesn't mean we have say.

I thought Gears esports team was doing everything right?

(Wanted to quote Jamaican, not you)

looking as "lit" as a baby shower

Whoa whoa whoa

I've seen some pretty lit baby showers in my day.

They had WAY more balloons.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I honestly still do not understand this shit. 

2 years deep into Halo 5 - a game "made with eSports in mind", and we finally get a handful of things the community has been lobbying for the entire time, paired with Worlds being held at a hollowed out mechanic shop and looking as "lit" as a baby shower - somehow people are celebrating. 

We didnt get what we needed when it actually mattered. 343 missed the boat and jammed the vanilla nonsense into the settings when a lot of people actually cared. 

I'm celebrating because I'm having fun with Halo again. Should these changes have happened earlier? Definitely. But it's better late than never. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

You mentioned cod4 - black ops then said they went back to roots with ww2. Shoulda talked about cod 1-4. Sentence didn't make sense.

Ah I see. I just meant when the game was at its peak in critical acclaim and popularity

But it's better late than never. 

It is this kind of sh*t eating attitude that allows them to get away with nonsense. 

Over it. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Just because we got (some) of what we wanted after 500+ days after release doesn't mean we have say.

True, but the Gears players have been asking for the same things from day 1. At least we are getting something, but a LOT more transparency is needed for Halo esports. 

the hell, man

Our school has won three years in a row and we were performing hot in scrims so I expected at least Top 3 which meant a spot at Nationals. Unfortunately we were unable to make the champ bracket (which was top 8) after getting bracket fucked because there was no seeding and horrible Tournament schedule. 

I honestly still do not understand this shit. 

2 years deep into Halo 5 - a game "made with eSports in mind", and we finally get a handful of things the community has been lobbying for the entire time, paired with Worlds being held at a hollowed out mechanic shop and looking as "lit" as a baby shower - somehow people are celebrating. 

We didnt get what we needed when it actually mattered. 343 missed the boat and jammed the vanilla nonsense into the settings when a lot of people actually cared. 

I'm not cheering. My post was relatively sarcastic, but my sarcasm gets missed unfortunately. Just saying that things aren't always rosy in Gears, and we are at least on an upswing. 

I thought Gears esports team was doing everything right?

(Wanted to quote Jamaican, not you)

They do a lot of things right but the community isn't the happiest atm. Lot of pros don't like how the game is right now, but I don't play Gears so I can't say exactly what the issues are. 

Gears does transparency, production, and promotion amazingly. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Imagine these forums when they reintroduce their "tweaked" ARs back into competitive play. God I can't wait.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Imagine these forums when they reintroduce their "tweaked" ARs back into competitive play. God I can't wait.

Someone told me they missed the Storm Rifle today...

• Upvote (+1) 1

If theyre tweaked properly and only added as map pickups, ill be ok with it. Hell i'll probably even like it as long as the tweak is right.

If theyre added as a secondary though... fuck that

If theyre tweaked properly and only added as map pickups, ill be ok with it. Hell i'll probably even like it as long as the tweak is right.

If theyre added as a secondary though... fuck that

Good thing they'll be reintroduced as the primary, with Magnums secondary, right? :p

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you have RR when you shoot, the shots will follow the target... like a plasma pistol or a needler

I.e. Tracking

It's not tracking the way you're implying.

I also find it absurd how 343i haven't even made a simple change for a casual playlist like BTB.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/66m0pm

I often hear how the competitive community are just the minority but 343i's incompetence shows across the game.

It took them a year to make wheelman medals count as assists, and they still haven't added a 'sell all' feature for REQs

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well a lot of people hated Source, but the original reaction to GO wasn't the greatest so I guess its an okay example but not really the best. 

I hated Source with an absolute passion, even thinking about it now I can't help but be a bit bitter and I only played a handful of hours. However, CSGO is probably more similar to Source than it is 1.6, but at the same time it's just not a shithole of a game like Source was when it was released. It just doesn't really fit the 'returning the roots' idea very well at all when all 3 games followed similar principles but carved out their own identity. It was the same with the leap onto Steam from 1.5 > 1.6 where 1.6 was considered dog shit comparatively on first release (props to those who stayed on WON until it got shut down) and then it grew into the game people loved.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's not tracking the way you're implying.

It compensates for bad aim without any control needed to grab them.

They're not needed, warranted or wanted.

It took them a year to make wheelman medals count as assists, and they still haven't added a 'sell all' feature for REQs

The UI in general is pretty damn annoying. I haven't played warzone since team skirmish became a thing(something else that seemed impossibly hard for 343) but scrolling past a goddamned AR with a fucking COG sight on it to get to what I wanted wasn't my idea of fun.

Lol this is one of the things that gets me about the boltshot/needler/hydra/plasma pistol "tracking" talk. Someone inevitably comes in with the "it's not tracking like you're saying" argument then doesn't specify what kind of "tracking" it really is. I still have no fucking clue what kind of "tracking" has been or has not been implied.

All I'm going to say is that I think we should reduce the amount of guns that aim for you. Notice: I have not implied how these guns aim for you.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Lol this is one of the things that gets me about the boltshot/needler/hydra/plasma pistol "tracking" talk. Someone inevitably comes in with the "it's not tracking like you're saying" argument then doesn't specify what kind of "tracking" it really is. I still have no fucking clue what kind of "tracking" has been or has not been implied.

All I'm going to say is that I think we should reduce the amount of guns that aim for you. Notice: I have not implied how these guns aim for you.

What about the sniper?  :kappa:

What about the sniper?  :kappa:

I think you're misunderstanding the type of tracking I'm talking about.

• Upvote (+1) 9