CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I swear half of your post history is complaining about what people are talking about or complaining about complaining.

I know, it's really weird that I want thread titles to have meaning and for discussions to be worthwhile

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I know, it's really weird that I want thread titles to have meaning and for discussions to be worthwhile

This post would have more meaning if there was more to talk about regarding the HCS. If we were off topic before worlds, that would be a different story.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Interesting Splyce ended all positive. And Jimbo got destroyed.

Jimbo has quite interesting stats actually, I wouldn't say he got 'destroyed' since he had the best overall KDA on his team. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

This post would have more meaning if there was more to talk about regarding the HCS. If we were off topic before worlds, that would be a different story.

people aren't discussing HCS settings, they're writing walls of text about CoD and Destiny and universal settings and other topics that have been discussed to death in the H5 thread and have nothing to do with the HCS as such ... I understand this thread goes off-topic at times but usually the mods are pretty careful about moving settings discussion + H5 complaints to other threads.  this is the only half-decent thread on TB, so I suppose I'm a bit invested.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Hey guys. Been a minute since I've been on here. 

I work now (yay adulting) so I barely have time to keep up with the forums/read hundreds of pages of forum posts. I know this thread has pretty much only been about this topic, but what exactly went down at the Halo world finals? I only caught a little bit of the stream, but it sounds like a mess. Ninja was posting things on twitter about it, but I couldn't really follow them because I wasn't keeping up with the stream. 

Honestly, I've lost a lot of interest in comp Halo. It's been about 2 and a half years since its rebirth and it seems like we're still pretty much exactly where we were at the start. What's going on? Where is the production value?

• Upvote (+1) 1

doesn't all of this type of discussion belong in the H5 thread ... ?

I think one of the things we pride ourselves is letting the community cut loose and discuss things that aren't 100% HCS. Let's be honest here, there is really nothing to talk about right now with the league. We have no idea when Pro League is, no prizing amount yet, no online stream dates, etc. Yay there is Dreamhack 3-6 months way - but that's it.

Now we could discuss the roster that are going to take down OpTic, but the only thing stopping them at this point is a new Halo title if I'm being honest with myself. While we have stressed the use of the arena thread in the past, no one uses it for the most part. I personally don't mind discussion coming up again with @@Mikwen and @@Snip3down's new tweets regarding settings. It's a healthy discussion regarding something people feel that is important for the future of this community and league.

Anyways I'm just trying to say is no one finds your posts funny or cute. Please stop it.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

people aren't discussing HCS settings, they're writing walls of text about CoD and Destiny and universal settings and other topics that have been discussed to death in the H5 thread and have nothing to do with the HCS as such ... I understand this thread goes off-topic at times but usually the mods are pretty careful about moving settings discussion + H5 complaints to other threads.  this is the only half-decent thread on TB, so I suppose I'm a bit invested.

I would say CoD and Destiny are both very relevant to the HCS. I mean we are playing a hybrid of the two

• Downvote (-1) 2

Anyways I'm just trying to say is no one finds your posts funny or cute. Please stop it.

my last couple posts are literally the opposite of trying to be funny or cute ...?  anyway, no problem, I'll contact mods in the future rather than clutter the thread

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

my last couple posts are literally the opposite of trying to be funny or cute ...?  anyway, no problem, I'll contact mods in the future rather than clutter the thread

Thanks, PM's are always open.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm surprised pros aren't keen on the new radar. Do they not see the benefits of encouraging bms over sprint?

i think they understand the game better than you dude

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

My worry with compromising and taking the Proving Grounds radar if offered is then no radar will forever be gone because they'll say "We gave you what you wanted!"  

Hey guys. Been a minute since I've been on here. 

I work now (yay adulting) so I barely have time to keep up with the forums/read hundreds of pages of forum posts. I know this thread has pretty much only been about this topic, but what exactly went down at the Halo world finals? I only caught a little bit of the stream, but it sounds like a mess. Ninja was posting things on twitter about it, but I couldn't really follow them because I wasn't keeping up with the stream. 

Honestly, I've lost a lot of interest in comp Halo. It's been about 2 and a half years since its rebirth and it seems like we're still pretty much exactly where we were at the start. What's going on? Where is the production value?

Def go back into the Worlds thread and read through here on Beyond, but here are others worth taking a look at.

Photos from ASTRO: https://www.flickr.com/photos/astrogaming/sets/72157678549255374

Kotaku Article (Read) - http://compete.kotaku.com/fans-are-ripping-the-halo-world-championship-for-its-sh-1793643606

NeoGAF Thread (Worth the read) - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1355420

• Upvote (+1) 2

idk if this should be "h5" thread talk or what but when i tried br start with no sprint or radar it was glorious. people defending sprint & pistol probably started after h3 (inb4 pistol was h1: not the same weapon or sandbox) also, with a br start it makes sense to have assault rifle and storm rifle pickups...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4