CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm fine with 343/ESL taking the time to craft a very carefully worded statement.  They've already shown what poor planning gets them.  The immediate community and the gaming sphere at large is ready to burst over a half-assed, deflated apology. 

i'd like a "we're sorry for this weekend . it was unacceptable and not up to the standards halo deserves. a full statement will be released at the end of the week." just something to let us know that they saw the backlash and want to do better. i dont think i'd trust whatever statement they'd put out if there was no change to the hcs team alongside it anyway. i just want to know that this won't be ignored too

There are a lot of issues with the HCS and those running it that were obviously not going to change because the only people aware of it was us and its easy for them to keep us quiet/silence us and now would probably be a good time to compile them together and bring them to light.

@@CyReN @@Saucey @@Infinity @@FrankTheShow @@SnakeBite

Thoughts?

Spongebob-Rainbow-Of-Imagination-Reactio

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Splyce:

PGro1MJ.jpg

Crowd Pleasers:

63OmjnK.jpg

"Hey, you there. Random person who doesn't watch the HCS. An employee of 343 or ESL, perhaps. Tell me, which of these teams is in the pro league?" :lxthul:

doesn't all of this type of discussion belong in the H5 thread ... ?

I would've thought that thread is for general h5 (universal) settings whereas this one would work for HCS-specific setting discussion. Is that wrong?
  • Upvote (+1) 2

doesn't all of this type of discussion belong in the H5 thread ... ?

I swear half of your post history is complaining about what people are talking about or complaining about complaining.
  • Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Fallout didn't have any gamebreaking bugs though?

Bethesda games are notorious for their bugs, and while Fallout 4 wasn't their worst in that aspect, they were certainly present.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Hey, you there. Random person who doesn't watch the HCS. An employee of 343 or ESL, perhaps. Tell me, which of these teams is in the pro league?" :lxthul:

I would've thought that thread is for general h5 (universal) settings whereas this one would work for HCS-specific setting discussion. Is that wrong?

LOL and yeah seriously who cares if we delve into OT discussion in here right now?  Nothing additional has been announced regarding Pro League, which probably wont start for another 4 - 6 weeks and some of the current settings could(should) be changed before league play starts.  Seems fine to me.

Bethesda games are notorious for their bugs, and while Fallout 4 wasn't their worst in that aspect, they were certainly present.

Settlements were completely broken for long time and when they kind if fixed it, you needed to start fresh save to make it work again. They also randomly block ip's from logging in to mods server for random time (days/weeks) making you unable to update/download mods (can be worked around). This was also never communicated and affect both F4 and Skyrim Se.

Talking about Bethesda RPGs in a Post-Witcher 3 World.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You can't hand a series as treasured and as thorough as Halo to an entirely new developer and expect positive results. Halo should've ended with 3 and everyone knows it. I don't even blame 343 for (most of) their failures: they should be working on their own, new IP, instead of being enslaved to work on a series that they didn't create and have little respect for.

Meanwhile cod are sold out pretty much 3 months before tournament,

Why are people buying VIP passes 3 months before a tournament?

They shouldn't even know where they're traveling at this stage.

You can't hand a series as treasured and as thorough as Halo to an entirely new developer and expect positive results. Halo should've ended with 3 and everyone knows it. I don't even blame 343 for (most of) their failures: they should be working on their own, new IP, instead of being enslaved to work on a series that they didn't create and have little respect for.

This statement would be easier to agree with if a lot of the 343 marketing was that it was a lot of ex-Bungie employees hired specifically to revive the series they loved.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Props to @@Timo and @@Tashi coming out and being honest with the community, couldn't ask for 2 nicer guys around.

You could say that they're never gonna give us up or let us down.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Talking about Bethesda RPGs in a Post-Witcher 3 World.

Witcher 3 is awesome, but i think Fallout 3 might still be my favorite RPG of all time.  The Witcher didnt do anything really new it just executed really fucking well with a ton of content.

Fallout 3

KOTOR

Witcher 3

Skyrim

Fallout 4

Dragon Age Inquisition

Lost Oddysey (such an underrated little 4 disk gem)

DA1

DA2

and im sure im missing a few and thats a tight list that pretty much goes from "Amazing" to "Very good" imo, and i haven't play Mass Effect.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Witcher 3 is awesome, but i think Fallout 3 might still be my favorite RPG of all time. The Witcher didnt do anything really new it just executed really fucking well with a ton of content.

Fallout 3

KOTOR

Witcher 3

Skyrim

Fallout 4

Dragon Age Inquisition

Lost Oddysey (such an underrated little 4 disk gem)

DA1

DA2

and im sure im missing a few and thats a tight list that pretty much goes from "Amazing" to "Very good" imo, and i haven't play Mass Effect.

What about ultima 4? Used to love that game back in the day