CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This type of shit has happened to str8 after every roster lock.

Maybe its cos they arnt out there scrimming and practicing as much as the younger teams

Which is fait enough. These guys know how much online prac they need to be good. But maybe a dude like renegade sees the allure in playing in a team of young keen dudes who want to practice as much as him.

I would not write off str8, there is obvioisly a reason they keep placing 4th. And its not renegade or eco. The core 3 are experienced halo gods.

They wont give up top 4 without a fight

• Upvote (+1) 6

The difference in pure skill between Dan and Renegade is negligible. You could even argue Dan is a better player. They both have the ability to completely take over a game, and they both have games where they can anchor teams with over-challenging. 

It really just comes down to attitudes and how they mesh together. Str8 will be the best team that Dan has ever been on, so hopefully it works out.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The difference in pure skill between Dan and Renegade is negligible. You could even argue Dan is a better player. They both have the ability to completely take over a game, and they both have games where they can anchor teams with over-challenging. 

It really just comes down to attitudes and how they mesh together. Str8 will be the best team that Dan has ever been on, so hopefully it works out.

Ace said on stream yesterday that they haven't picked up Dan. Neither of them have changed their twitch team commands either. My guess is Cratos is trolling cause I don't see a reason to keep the change secret.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On renegade joining splyce..

I think its a good move. Teams need to do something t catch up with optic.

The fact is liquid and nV are the only 2 who have competed with optic in anything more then a scrim.

Splyce and Str8 were miles off. One of them needed to do something different.

Watching splyce scrim CP from shottzys pov.

1. The connection was terrible for shottzy..

2. It looked like there was a lot more pressure on shottzy. Does this mean falcated was taking a lot of that prrssure away from shottzy? Falcated to me was always pushed up the furtherest for splyce. Sometimes he seemed way out of position bur did that.open up the map for shottzy??

3. They didnt seem to be using renegade the way str8 did. Imo they have picked renegade up. They need to use him. They need to feed him the sniper in slayers. Which is hard cos both shottzy and bubu are great snipers. Renegadrs snipe shot is probably no better then shottzys but his angles on maps like eden are sooo much better. He seems to know exactly where to aim. Where is shottzy seems to prefer to snipe from blue plat and top cat and go for all the crazy angles. Moves around a lot more too.

First scrim thougg and they beat cp on a dodgy connection. Shottzy was getting very frustrated and righffully so.

My 2c

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ace said on stream yesterday that they haven't picked up Dan. Neither of them have changed their twitch team commands either. My guess is Cratos is trolling cause I don't see a reason to keep the change secret.

Dan has already left CP and they have already picked up a 4th. They scrimmed with Suspector last night. Other pros have talked about Dan to Str8 as well.

Aaron has said things like this in the past. It's just not official. He can't announce anything before Str8 does.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Dan has already left CP and they have already picked up a 4th. They scrimmed with Suspector last night. Other pros have talked about Dan to Str8 as well.

Aaron has said things like this in the past. It's just not official. He can't announce anything before Str8 do.

Ah cool. Thanks for clarifying. 

I don't think Dan quite works for the team but I guess we'll have to see.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Heinz said today hes not officially on the team, but they're trying to get him to join.

I use to play Halo and Uno with Tart and abunch of her PMS friends back in the day.

Good times.

Good times indeed.  I used to be in h2o back in the day...

Then i quit because it wasn't for me.  For obvious reasons lol.

when you log onto twitter to like Ogre 2's engagement announcement only to find out you're blocked by his fiancée and then you spend the next twenty minutes thinking through all your posts, memes, and tweets wondering what you could have done to make the GOAT's soulmate hit you with the swift block

giphy.gif

I went through the same process when I realized @@Bravo had me blocked. I still have no idea why, I'm 99% sure I have never actually had any direct interaction with him on Twitter.

Block lists exist and if you were added to one they use then they may not even know who you are.

To be completely honest

I don't give a shit if its a girl on main-stage or not.

If you're good, you're good, regardless of gender. Not to mention, most of the people who openly try to push women out of gaming are most likely under 14 and would probably get shit on.

HLbMFJ2.jpg

"Get deleted nerd!"

But yes, i agree with you.  If you're good, you're good.  That's all that matters.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I use to play Halo and Uno with Tart and abunch of her PMS friends back in the day.

Good times.

Nice. I always wondered what happened to them. MLG was basically pioneering the scene back then so essentially those clans were essentially doing the same for female gaming.

I mean when it comes to Halo CE, I like teaming with Meg. She's absolutely better than 99% of this board when it comes to CE. I bet even @@D2A Logic's girl would wipe the floor with most here.

Damn a good format/schedule announced a month in advance.

Not my HCS

They're learning... THEY'RE LEARNING

• Upvote (+1) 5

I can see spectators being an issue as spectator passes seem a bit pricey for a relatively inconsequential HCS Open. 

Really happy to see group play incorporated back into the schedule. Friday stream will be great! 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm so glad that we're doing pool play on Friday watching pros teams play is a thousand times more entertaining then watching random open bracket teams.

• Upvote (+1) 8

This type of shit has happened to str8 after every roster lock.

Maybe its cos they arnt out there scrimming and practicing as much as the younger teams

Which is fait enough. These guys know how much online prac they need to be good. But maybe a dude like renegade sees the allure in playing in a team of young keen dudes who want to practice as much as him.

I would not write off str8, there is obvioisly a reason they keep placing 4th. And its not renegade or eco. The core 3 are experienced halo gods.

They wont give up top 4 without a fight

I think there are 2 main reasons Renegade went to Splyce. 1. Splyce and STR8 has a 7 game series for 4th at worlds. Renegade was STR8s best slayer so he kinda pulled a Lethul in the sense that he weakened STR8 and strengthened Splyce. 2. He's good friends with the guys on Splyce. He's constantly playing custom games with BUBU, Shotzzy, Falcated, and Huke. It makes sense.

Side note, with him on Splyce I think they almost guarantee themselves that Pro League LCQ spot.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So Halo 3 does not get a real anniversary present. I'm so done.

I would bet a serious amount of money that we'll get a Halo 3 anniversary playlist on it's anniversary. (Spartan Abilities enabled, just on remakes of Halo 3 maps).

• Upvote (+1) 1