CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I wish this applied to me :(

Destiny PvP is the roughest thing for me.

It just takes some practice and good RNG ;).

--

I'm looking forward to the next LAN with new settings. Will be dope. 

I'm actually interested in getting the opinions of various females who have competed throughout Halo's career in the MLG circuit and see how they feel about this idea. PMS was a major clan and they'd sometimes send a few all girl teams to events,

I use to play Halo and Uno with Tart and abunch of her PMS friends back in the day.

Good times.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I knew a few girls that would sauce the shit out of most people in a bunch different games lol; including Halo. But it's not their desire to beat Optic or anything. It's just the thrill of competing and being in the community.

No girl can beat me at Halo smh that's a lie

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I despise Destiny's PvP. PvE was great.

To be honest, I cringe when seeing how people see Destiny as having competitive potential. I'm not trying to hate, but how can a game be competitive when you can press a button every 4 minutes or less that annihilates anything within 20 feet of you? Not to mention the imbalances.

• Upvote (+1) 2

gotta be good at halo first  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 7

No girl can beat me at Halo smh that's a lie

:kappa:

Lol I'm surprised Kelly and Saria didn't team up to try and compete

• Upvote (+1) 1

Danoxide is currently in Richies chat trolling the fuck outta ppl

Is he making dinosaur noises or some other cringe? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I despise Destiny's PvP. PvE was great.

To be honest, I cringe when seeing how people see Destiny as having competitive potential. I'm not trying to hate, but how can a game be competitive when you can press a button every 4 minutes or less that annihilates anything within 20 feet of you? Not to mention the imbalances.

I miss vanilla hand cannon PvP. Lord High Fixer/Final Boss/The Swarm was my jam, and then everyone got better and I got worse. Bungie is so close to having something really special, but honestly, supers kill the experience for me. There's the element of having arena pickups with the special and heavy ammo on timers, but there's just a bit too much junk with all of the weapon and armor perks to be truly balanced. Supers should be pickups rather than acting as a catch-up mechanic.

For me, it's in the Halo 5 territory of having so much potential, but ruined by having serious balance issues.

Lol I'm surprised Kelly and Saria didn't team up to try and compete

Could've been the dream team. Would've been entertaining for sure. Honestly have a solid shot at being at the top too. You know, right below me of course.

On the topic of girls playing at a top level in games, i play in <Strawberry Puppy Kisses> (https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/area-52/Strawberry+Puppy+Kisses) in World of Warcraft, were ranked #11 US/LATAM/OC and #6 USA (world 46th). We have 0 girls on our 23 man roster, in fact i think the 5 teams ahead of us may have 1 or 2 girls on their rosters, and im just assuming, i dont know who play for them. The only girl i have actually interacted with on a top 50 team is someone i play with a decent amount, and she grinds her ass. The thing about that game, and all esports and competitive games is that it requires an insane amount of game play, and the girls you do rarely run into do not grind as much as their male counter parts, not being rude about it, its just true. The people i play with play a shit ton, i play ~6 hours at a minimum 6-7 days a week. I have 77 days played at level 100 (Legion came out in September). The thing about these games is the time sink, most girls i do play with, who are more casual, or dont have the same skill set, want to play at the level i play at, but they dont put in the time sink. I think that Thorin video got to a solid point about this, and thats the aggression aspect. The guys i know are ALWAYS pushing to the best, we all want to be the top damage dealer on a fight (world rankings), or have the most AP grinded, ext... I have literally only seen this out of 1 female, and ive met quite a few, as you can imagine i get a painful amount of friend requests and direct messages, as im sure the guys in H5 do. The point is, i dont think its so much that they dont want to be super competitive, i just dont think they have the drive to grind as much the guys do in 99.999999% of cases. then of course come his comments on motor skills, which could also play a huge part, because at the top level of any game, being just slightly worse off will get you fucked up, there is simply no room for flagrant error.

• Upvote (+1) 2

On the topic of girls playing at a top level in games, i play in <Strawberry Puppy Kisses> (https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/area-52/Strawberry+Puppy+Kisses) in World of Warcraft, were ranked #11 US/LATAM/OC and #6 USA (world 46th). We have 0 girls on our 23 man roster, in fact i think the 5 teams ahead of us may have 1 or 2 girls on their rosters, and im just assuming, i dont know who play for them. The only girl i have actually interacted with on a top 50 team is someone i play with a decent amount, and she grinds her ass. The thing about that game, and all esports and competitive games is that it requires an insane amount of game play, and the girls you do rarely run into do not grind as much as their male counter parts, not being rude about it, its just true. The people i play with play a shit ton, i play ~6 hours at a minimum 6-7 days a week. I have 77 days played at level 100 (Legion came out in September). The thing about these games is the time sink, most girls i do play with, who are more casual, or dont have the same skill set, want to play at the level i play at, but they dont put in the time sink. I think that Thorin video got to a solid point about this, and thats the aggression aspect. The guys i know are ALWAYS pushing to the best, we all want to be the top damage dealer on a fight (world rankings), or have the most AP grinded, ext... I have literally only seen this out of 1 female, and ive met quite a few, as you can imagine i get a painful amount of friend requests and direct messages, as im sure the guys in H5 do. The point is, i dont think its so much that they dont want to be super competitive, i just dont think they have the drive to grind as much the guys do in 99.999999% of cases. then of course come his comments on motor skills, which could also play a huge part, because at the top level of any game, being just slightly worse off will get you fucked up, there is simply no room for flagrant error.

Ive raided with a bunch of top 20-30 US guilds in previous expansions, while I agree with you on what you're saying, the EU side of WoW has more females on top guilds. Also iirc back when I was playing Blood Legion and Midwinter had a few girls on the raiding roster even with raid leading roles.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Give us the source code to Halo 3. I guarantee we will have Halo 3 ported on PC in two weeks.

----

On topic, who is Ryanoob teaming with now?

• Upvote (+1) 5

So who is on crowd pleasers now?

Suspector

Give us the source code to Halo 3. I guarantee we will have Halo 3 ported on PC in two weeks.

----

On topic, who is Ryanoob teaming with now?

Ryanoob, Prototype, Nemassist and Dastroyed

That is the whole problem, girls trying to form female only teams. They dont market themselves as free agents, they are just looking for other girls to play with.

When i found about this female league couple of months ago, i asked MlgQueen why is she not trying to get on Am team for Hcs but she didn't reply. That was after she and other girls (Bittersweet, Goldengirl, XoDamage) were trying their luck in Hcs as Iso Essence team. I think they had one or more top16 finishes. And if I remember correctly MlgQueen was in one Halo 5 Ffa finals. I think she was also playing 10 sensitivity. She could land on some solid am team if she tryed hard enough I think.

There is def something holding them off from trying. Call it a sexism problem or whatever but there def are girls that are talented.