CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Bubu peaked already, he needs to be replaced if Splyce wants to make a run for top3.

Can the people downvoting this statement comment why they disagree??
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 9

First, why do you think he "peaked"?

First, why do you think he "peaked"?

Every placement after Worlds 2016 have been a downgrade, he'll he was even in relegation and in the LCQ.

Every placement after Worlds 2016 have been a downgrade, he'll he was even in relegation and in the LCQ.

he got 3/4 at worlds 2016 and then 2nd at Summer finals. He carried e6 at relegation. Then got 5/6 at worlds 2017 and beat envyus. He will be fine.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Jesus.

Bubu looked average for a couple of weeks a little while ago, but other than that he has shown nothing but talent.  What is going on in here?

Jesus.

Bubu looked average for a couple of weeks a little while ago, but other than that he has shown nothing but talent. What is going on in here?

Didn't you know? If you ever place lower than your previous placements you have peaked and should get dropped.

• Upvote (+1) 7

After that is all been downhill.

He dropped one placement from Worlds 2016 to 2017. That's not completely downhill.

Peaked implies he's gotten worse, in my opinion, that's why people are freaking out.

Maybe he plateaued (relative to other pros improving), but I still think Bubu is top talent.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Jesus.

Bubu looked average for a couple of weeks a little while ago, but other than that he has shown nothing but talent. What is going on in here?

Quote me on this "Bubu is reaching Spartan status, doomed to be an am kid"
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

In crowd pleasers first scrim spartan had a .94 kd and cratos had a .59. Is cratos 1/2 of an AM player??? could be 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've been telling people for weeks now, dont be surprised if Renegade goes to Splyce. no one listens to me.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think OBJ players are highly overrated. Give me a team of 4 slayers over a team of obj players any day. All the young players are slaying gods not obj players and they still win obj games.

Love the new settings but I gotta reiterate how hard it is to solo q in the HCS Preview playlist right now. This is due to several things:

1. Being matched against a to4 while I am the only person on my team with even a mic in some cases (obviously)

2. The ranking system is seriously messed up in said playlist. There are times when I feel like I have potatoes on my team...and the other times I am getting matched against players who are unequivocally better than me...therefore making me the potato on my team. A very frustrating seesaw effect.  

3. Quitting is still rampant.

4. Heavy aim still exists and the issue has been amplified now that the game is more focused on precision weapons.

5. Spawns need to be looked at again. I am getting spawnkilled/killing other players as soon as I spawn due to the close proximity of my spawn and the opposing player. Not sure what they changed...but it is def worse than it was before.

6. Map/gametype selection is FUCKED. I played/streamed for 3 hours straight last night and literally played Slayer the ENTIRE time. Reset my build 3 times hoping that might fix the issue...alas it did not.

TL;DR 
I really enjoy the new settings but there are several issues really holding me back from actually enjoying myself in matchmaking right now. Even harder to do so when solo q'ing. 343 plz.

Thanks for reading.

• Upvote (+1) 7

In crowd pleasers first scrim spartan had a .94 kd and cratos had a .59. Is cratos 1/2 of an AM player??? could be

Yeah but Spartan can't get in any team with better players, Cratos is one of those players that "Peaked" his best was Worlds 2016 and old ALG online qualifiers

You mean the same Spartan who is back on a pro team?

Good logic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You mean the same Spartan who is back on a pro team?

Good logic.

I will be surprised if that Crowd Pleaser team doesn't finish in relegation at the end of the season.

Edit: and we all remember how that team got the "pro" status.

Peaked implies he's gotten worse, in my opinion, that's why people are freaking out.

Maybe he plateaued (relative to other pros improving), but I still think Bubu is top talent.

Peaked means they've reached their max skill level.  They're not going to improve any more.

Other than "his placings have gotten worse" can you explain why you think he has peaked?