CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I heard rammy started playing again. I'd like to see that.

New settings motivated him I think

I heard rammy started playing again. I'd like to see that.

Yeah, maybe all Rammy needs is a team that can create more opportunities for him. Like when he was subbing for Optic.

1st OpTic

2nd nV

3rd TL

4th Str8

List of teams better than Str8: OpTic, nV, TL

Renegade is not on OpTic, nV, or TL.

I think this is a better move for SPLYCE than it is for RENEGADE.  Splyce cannibalize a team ahead of them AND dropped a player many believe to be their weakest link.

100%

I still don't like the decision and its not the one i would have made if i were him.

Giving up a guaranteed pro league spot

Leaving a team that really seemed to like each other and get along (and if they didn't they kept all the drama in-house which is still a rarity and a good thing)

Left a team that beat the team he just joined on LAN, when it mattered.

If a team pulls a Cryptik and gets hot at the LCQ and knocks them out, he's fucked.  If spots opened up on the pro league teams during the season and Splyce didn't make it, i dare say that he would be the 3rd choice out of the players on that team.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You mean the team that they beat?

Also what do the CoD and CS spectator modes look like online vs LAN?  I have only ever seen them on LAN

CS is great to spectate online, 64 tic MM servers can sometimes be slightly funky if someone does an insane flick shot but for online leagues they use much better servers so there are only a few very minor discrepancies like random smokes sometimes showing slightly more or less (which is just a general game thing as well). But then again, CS has used a spectator mode with people syncing shout-casting in the early 2000's before streaming was really a thing.

Hopefully they fix the sync issue at some point (or in the next game mebe) and maybe tidy up a few things as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja sprints EVERYWHERE. For someone who was very adamant about Radar being a problem, he has not adapted towards base movement speed whatsoever. I think with his Magnum shot and the actual ability to flank, LG could be dangerous, but I saw him just get bopped in close range fights so often because he wasn't weary of his presence on Radar.

As a few people have said it's probably just habit that he's running around like a maniac, but he sprints in weird places for no reason too.

One time off the top of my head last night on Rig, can't remember which gametype maybe slayer. He was barrels and was going to flank people on outside cat/carbine area. He sprints up the stairs doesn't even get to full speed stops running to look at basement window, no one is there so he starts sprinting again towards carbine. I don't think he ever got to full sprint but it was enough to show up on radar to a guy in longhall and get naded and killed as he came around the corner without putting a shot into any of the people he got the drop on.

I think with a little adjustment and getting used to the new radar he will be a very good, the potential is there anyway

• Upvote (+1) 2

League of Legends doesn't have to relay cursor data (where mouse is) for all 10 points of view to the audience, though.

Yeah, but skillshots and abilities don't have 2 secs delay like in Halo.

Sort of a long shot since he's already on a team, but I think @@Suspector would be the perfect fit for Str8 - he's at his best when handling power weapons, and hasn't had the chance to be the sole player in that position since 2016 Worlds. Plus he's not a headcase like Spartan and would fit in well personality wise with Str8.

I think he'd fit in way better with that trio than Spartan. I like it, but I'm not sure if he'd be the #1 best pick in terms of talent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think he'd fit in way better with that trio than Spartan. I like it, but I'm not sure if he'd be the #1 best pick in terms of talent.

Who knows, maybe being on Str8 would give him a chance to return to his god-slaying 2016 ALG form.

I noticed that there isn't even a prompt for Renegade to pick up the flag when he walks over it.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I was very critical of Str8 and Splyce for not making a roster move to contend with the top 3 teams but this move by Splyce gives them the potential to do just that.

Arena on Xbox Live coming to Insiders this month. Looking forward to some of these future Beyond run tournaments.  :simms:

https://majornelson.com/2017/04/17/killer-instinct-tournaments-and-more-start-rolling-out-to-insiders-this-month/?linkId=100000000296285

Since we announced Arena at E3 2016, and first launched it to Xbox Insiders this past fall, the team has been hard at work building and refining Arena to make esports available for gamers on Xbox Live, regardless of their skill-level. 

As Arena continues to grow, be on the lookout for more tournaments with games like Halo Wars 2 and Smite, as well as gamer-created tournaments for World of Tanks. And watch for more details about our first public Arena-powered prized tournament: The Killer Instinct Battle for New York, where eight top Killer Instinct players will win a trip to compete for over $10k in cash and prizes in our New York Microsoft Store studio. We’re really excited to bring the excitement of competitive gaming to the community on Xbox One and Windows 10 – it’s never been easier to compete on Xbox Live.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was very critical of Str8 and Splyce for not making a roster move to contend with the top 3 teams but this move by Splyce gives them the potential to do just that.

Bubu peaked already, he needs to be replaced if Splyce wants to make a run for top3.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 13

so you don't feel like playing on 3 horizontally and 5 vertically throws you off any? It makes literally no sense to me, but so many people are using this that I may have to try it out

The idea is that 5 accel makes up for the slower horizontal turning.

The idea is that 5 accel makes up for the slower horizontal turning.

In either case, I really hope "Just Like Last Time: Except the Exact Opposite" is the motto of whoever designs the aiming mechanisms for H6