CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

yo 3 more upvotes and i'll get that 1337 rep lets go

Make that 40 now.

Splyce were shoe-ins for the LCQ regardless. No one else was going to touch them. This just shakes up the top 4 and makes things interesting.

I felt like they were heavy favorites anyway, but I think having Renegade rules out any potential upsets.

Spartan would be a solid fit on Str8 imo. Probably a more proven slayer than Renegade, as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

League of Legends

CSGO spectator mode is flawless. (Well maybe not, but for this point it is) And no, I am not talking about 16 tick demos, but the real thing. There is no cursor weirdness on 128 tick.

Edit: I am not very familiar with the COD spectator mode, except from a few games from a MLG tourney. But that works right?

COD spectator mode works really good, yes.

Now does 343 belong in a comparison with any of these developers? These are some staggeringly successful groups of people that we're comparing a struggling (by comparison) developer to. I'd love for theater/spectator mode to work well but I'm not really surprised when they fall short when you compare them to these games. Not that that makes it okay for 343 games to suck at anything but it at least helps it make sense when they do.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I was happy to see ninja and saiyan playing MM together before the scrim. I thought they looked good vs NV. Hopefully they improve after some more practice and the can close out some of those close games

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would recommend Spartan to Str8 then Falcated to Crowd Pleasers. Spartan has kind of been struggling with the new settings as he was probably the pro who took advantage of radar and autos the most, but he's a good player and will almost certainly improve as he grinds more than most pros.

I was happy to see ninja and saiyan playing MM together before the scrim. I thought they looked good vs NV. Hopefully they improve after some more practice and the can close out some of those close games

Ninja still needs to limit his deaths. He had 209 deaths last night with a K/D of .70. He has a habit of getting stranded out in the open far too often.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Ninja still needs to limit his deaths. He had 209 deaths last night with a K/D of .70. He has a habit of getting stranded out in the open far too often.

Ninja sprints EVERYWHERE. For someone who was very adamant about Radar being a problem, he has not adapted towards base movement speed whatsoever. I think with his Magnum shot and the actual ability to flank, LG could be dangerous, but I saw him just get bopped in close range fights so often because he wasn't weary of his presence on Radar.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would recommend Spartan to Str8 then Falcated to Crowd Pleasers. Spartan has kind of been struggling with the new settings as he was probably the pro who took advantage of radar and autos the most, but he's a good player and will almost certainly improve as he grinds more than most pros.

He played the best on crowd pleasers when they played Optic.

Ninja sprints EVERYWHERE. For someone who was very adamant about Radar being a problem, he has not adapted towards base movement speed whatsoever. I think with his Magnum shot and the actual ability to flank, LG could be dangerous, but I saw him just get bopped in close range fights so often because he wasn't weary of his presence on Radar.

I'll chalk that up to muscle memory for now. I think the new settings will take time to get used to after almost a year ajd a half. Im glad there is a month before daytona to let everyone get their feet under them

• Upvote (+1) 1

Str8 was a distant 4th and haven't outplayed OG/TL/NV basically ever so it's not all that surprising to me that Renegade left that squad for a better team.

You mean the team that they beat?

Also what do the CoD and CS spectator modes look like online vs LAN?  I have only ever seen them on LAN

I noticed this as well, his team would all be weak and we would be out by himself. They would all die, he would then get destroyed all alone in the middle of no where. It's like he goes out and tries to be a distraction instead of playing defense for a second and letting his whole team go 4 dead.

Probably muscle memory. If he would walk more he would be great because his location is no longer broadcasted to the other team for free. And he would be able to actually flank and be a surprise.

• Upvote (+1) 2

a comp halo hall of fame would be the shit

And all votes takes place on Waypoint  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

In terms of 1v1s I saw Ninja make great plays using radar, but you guys are right in that he sprints across map seemingly without regard for radar. Its like he forgets that enemy players not showing up on radar can see his red dot blipping across the map. I also think he needs to pick up more rifles. His shot might have been a bit off last night but he challenges cross map with pistol a little too much

accidental neg. I'll get you back next time. Sorry

accidental neg. I'll get you back next time. Sorry

I got you fam.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So Renegade left Str8 confirmed ? If this is true, they should def try out someone like Actic or Claim before they settle with someone they don't really want.

Str8 was a distant 4th and haven't outplayed OG/TL/NV basically ever so it's not all that surprising to me that Renegade left that squad for a better team.

1st OpTic

2nd nV

3rd TL

4th Str8

List of teams better than Str8: OpTic, nV, TL

Renegade is not on OpTic, nV, or TL.

I think this is a better move for SPLYCE than it is for RENEGADE.  Splyce cannibalize a team ahead of them AND dropped a player many believe to be their weakest link.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

so you don't feel like playing on 3 horizontally and 5 vertically throws you off any? It makes literally no sense to me, but so many people are using this that I may have to try it out

I've been trying 1/5/5 for the last few days and it's actually amazing ... somehow it 'feels' like 3 sens overall but my shot is way steadier and I can do 180s very quickly (you can turn around on sort of a diagonal, so the vertical sens has more of an effect).  It also works out better in the sense that most up/down gun movements tend to be 'twitchier' so it's okay to have a higher sens for vertical, once you get used to it.  I've actually settled on 1 / 4.5 / 5 because it's a tiny bit less twitchy ... I think 1.5 / 5 / 5 would be too squirrely on both axes.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

So Renegade left Str8 confirmed ? If this is true, they should def try out someone like Actic or Claim before they settle with someone they don't really want.

I heard rammy started playing again. I'd like to see that.