CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I feel like if Renegade joins there may be too many "power players" who are slayers on the team (Shottzy, Renegade, Bubu Dubu) and people would have to do things they usually don't. Though Bubu has become an all round player so maybe it will be ok. Like the reason Renegade shines on Str8 is because he controls the power weapons for the team and the other 3 members do what they need to for the win. While if he goes to Splyce it may end up like ALG before worlds where some players had to change playstyles and obviously suffered from it

Yeah, I remember when people said nV had too many slayers with Huke, Snip3down, and Mikwen.  :simms:

What was the final score?

Ended NV 8-5.

LG was up 5-4 at one point. Lots of close games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Turns out I was the AR kid :(

Seriously though, got wrecked in new playlist last night at the platinum level lol but I really enjoyed it! (The playlist not the getting wrecked part haha) seriously loving the no autos!

Edit: tbh I don't even mind the getting wrecked part. Now I find myself nodding in admiration at their pistol shots to kill me rather than shaking my head in disgust at their auto use

Keep in mind the HCS playlist ranks are still pretty janky, since they didn't carry over any weight from Arena. When I played when it was still Proving Grounds, I'd run into Platinums all the time who had high Onyx-Champion ranks in other playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watching Shotzzy makes me realize how shit I really am at Halo 5.

He glides across the floor and his aim is annoyingly good, I can't understand how he hits the shots he does. 

is 1-5-5 really the god sense now? I noticed more pros have been lowering their horizontal sensitivities.

still shitty I can't hop on Halo this week

With pro league coming up soon and us being gifted with pistol starts I'm really worried that we're just going to be watching pistol battles through observer mode 0.5 seconds behind each shot being fired and it will be a pain in the arse.

I hope pros will consider streaming their matches, the rule for the last 2 seasons was that they had to give ESL 3 days notice if they were going to. Ideally this shouldn't even be a thing but whatever.

10 years ago we could rewatch games in Halo 3's theatre mode perfectly with no issues. I don't understand why we can't have that now. Why can't the games be recorded rawly without observer mode and promethean vision then just available for anyone to rewatch?

I'd much rather have a viewing experience where I can actually watch each pistol battle as if I were the player myself then have the other benefits observer and spectator mode have to offer. 

With pro league coming up soon and us being gifted with pistol starts I'm really worried that we're just going to be watching pistol battles through observer mode 0.5 seconds behind each shot being fired and it will be a pain in the arse.

I hope pros will consider streaming their matches, the rule for the last 2 seasons was that they had to give ESL 3 days notice if they were going to. Ideally this shouldn't even be a thing but whatever.

10 years ago we could rewatch games in Halo 3's theatre mode perfectly with no issues. I don't understand why we can't have that now. Why can't the games be recorded rawly without observer mode and promethean vision then just available for anyone to rewatch?

I'd much rather have a viewing experience where I can actually watch each pistol battle as if I were the player myself then have the other benefits observer and spectator mode have to offer. 

I wouldn't say perfectly. It was off sometimes and completely inaccurate when watching it from someone else's third person view. 

But yeah, Theater mode has gotten worse in every Halo iteration. Excited to see what Halo 6 does to make it worse.

• Upvote (+1) 1

10 years ago we could rewatch games in Halo 3's theatre mode perfectly with no issues. I don't understand why we can't have that now. Why can't the games be recorded rawly without observer mode and promethean vision then just available for anyone to rewatch?

I'd much rather have a viewing experience where I can actually watch each pistol battle as if I were the player myself then have the other benefits observer and spectator mode have to offer.

Halo 3 films were recorded locally based on what your box saw.

For halo5 with everything being server side they could either save one film based on what the server sees, or 8 films from all the players. 8 films would then either be made individually available or compiled together.

8 films makes it significantly more complicated with more processing and storage needed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 films were recorded locally based on what your box saw.

For halo5 with everything being server side they could either save one film based on what the server sees, or 8 films from all the players. 8 films would then either be made individually available or compiled together.

8 films makes it significantly more complicated with more processing and storage needed.

Every major title does it well, why can't Halo ??
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I'm looking forward to more Optic domination in this year's pro league. I'd like to see them build the best Halo legacy there ever was. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

is 1-5-5 really the god sense now? I noticed more pros have been lowering their horizontal sensitivities.

still shitty I can't hop on Halo this week

I play on 1.5 5 5 and it feels nice, my muscle memory for Halo aiming is useless (sort of) in H5. 

I consider myself a very good Halo 2 and 3 player, but in this game it's totally different. This sense has definitely helped me. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Every major title does it well, why can't Halo ??

League of Legends doesn't have to relay cursor data (where mouse is) for all 10 points of view to the audience, though.

Which games specifically are you comparing it to?

CSGO spectator mode is flawless. (Well maybe not, but for this point it is) And no, I am not talking about 16 tick demos, but the real thing. There is no cursor weirdness on 128 tick.

Edit: I am not very familiar with the COD spectator mode, except from a few games from a MLG tourney. But that works right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

CSGO spectator mode is flawless. (Well maybe not, but for this point it is) And no, I am not talking about 16 tick demos, but the real thing. There is no cursor weirdness on 128 tick.

Edit: I am not very familiar with the COD spectator mode, except from a few games from a MLG tourney. But that works right?

COD spectator mode works really good, yes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I play on 1.5 5 5 and it feels nice, my muscle memory for Halo aiming is useless (sort of) in H5. 

I consider myself a very good Halo 2 and 3 player, but in this game it's totally different. This sense has definitely helped me. 

so you don't feel like playing on 3 horizontally and 5 vertically throws you off any? It makes literally no sense to me, but so many people are using this that I may have to try it out

Splyce should never have dropped Renegade in the first place. That team just got way better, and surely (if they weren't before) is the odds on favorite for the last pro league spot. Sad to see him leave Str8 though.

Two most likely options left for Str8 are Commonly and Naded. I don't really think either of those players gets Str8 above the 4th place spot they've been holding for a while now.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Splyce were shoe-ins for the LCQ regardless. No one else was going to touch them. This just shakes up the top 4 and makes things interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Str8 was a distant 4th and haven't outplayed OG/TL/NV basically ever so it's not all that surprising to me that Renegade left that squad for a better team.

• Upvote (+1) 4