CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There's not really a logical way to justify a team change...

The first two parts pf my post were about something else.

The latter part wasn't me trying to be logical just saying how I would feel.

Formal been playing a lot of Halo recently. Coincidence? I think not. Formal is switching to Halo and replacing Lethul on OG. This leaves a spot open on the OpTic CoD team who will steal Huke from EnVy. This will leave a spot open on EnVy for Lethul.

:apg:

Fuck it, Respectful is joining nV confirmed.

That's exactly the problem with TrueSkill and the H3 system in general.

TrueSkill was designed "to accurately determine a player's rank in as little as 13 games" (sure, it took longer to get to 50, but the system would set it up so you'd climb really quickly if you did well in all of those early games)...but the goal of the system was to accurately determine a rank based off early performance.

After you got way up in the number of games (thousands of games) the game became pretty damn sure you were what rank it said you were, so it became nearly impossible to move ranks (most people called it Rank Locking).  You could win 15 games in a row and not move a single rank.  Because the "uncertainty" (Sigma) factor was now so low that it wouldn't actually adjust your rank (Mu).

This is what led to the later-in-life booster accounts that had thousands of losses to the game was CERTAIN the player was awful (even if they weren't) playing alongside newer accounts to get them to 50 as quickly as possible.  Because if you could win with a player THAT BAD on your team, surely you were the best in the game...by the algorithm's thought processes.

You had to continue to derank after boosting accounts otherwise it'd slowly be worse level boosts. Your opponents win/loss record also mattered in the level jumps from what I saw.

Do you ever read what you type or just kinda thought vomit?

Am I wrong and you/frosty were trolling, or do you disagree with the rest of what I posted? I'm at work and sort of "skim reading" the thread but it seemed like you were dropped.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Am I wrong and you/frosty were trolling, or do you disagree with the rest of what I posted? I'm at work and sort of "skim reading" the thread but it seemed like you were dropped.

We weren't trolling, but it has nothing to do with our teams. As for what you said, that's your opinion wasn't bashing that.

We weren't trolling, but it has nothing to do with our teams. As for what you said, that's your opinion wasn't bashing that.

Ohhh, yeah I guess reading back it seems less obvious than I had originally believed it to be. Oh well, oops

• Upvote (+1) 1

Edit: removed some shit that was just answered

I think any top 4 team making a change would be stupid.

Teams need to have some stability and find a way to work smarter and harder than optic to beat them. There is no magic team comp that will get it done.

• Upvote (+1) 2

*obscure tweet*

TB: Damn I wonder who nV will pick up now that Huke is inevitably leaving to join Optic now that Lethul is inevitably leaving to join nV now that Mikwen is getting dropped.

welcome_to_the_internet__84_by_sharpwrit

• Upvote (+1) 4