CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why are you convinced the game will play better on PC? Everything about Halo is designed with console setup of aim assist and magnetism in mind.

It would cause some pretty big shifts in how the game is played competitively and not necessarily for the better.

So, you're saying that Halo, a game that has traditionally (not so much now) had a HEAVY focus on shooting skill, would not necessarily improve with the addition of controls that allow you to remove console crutches entirely while ALSO allowing you to, for example, actually turn around without playing on a goofy sensitivity that fucks with your ability to aim steadily? The only thing that is necessarily set-up with console in mind are the (broken) aiming and assist mechanics, which would be gone with mouse control. The way these mechanics are presently balanced in this game is a huge factor in the awful weapon sandbox we're currently dealing with.

​Still waiting for an argument that doesn't fundamentally come down to nostalgia.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Its not an xbox issue because no other games have h5s networking issues.

It's probably not an actual server issue either... server other games use azure without issue. people just use the word "servers"as shorthand for networking problems.

if the issue is with the xbox, then wouldnt the problems persist on other games? if it isnt the servers, then its with the way the game is built and how it communicates to the servers

Sorry, I say "xbox issue" basically meaning not a server-side problem.  I should have been more specific.  Yea I think the actual problem is some clusterfuck issue between H5's netcode/aiming mechanics and them not being fully optimized for the XBONE hardware.  As you mention - other games and other dedi servers run fine and do not have an issue with aiming responsiveness.

So, you're saying that Halo, a game that has traditionally (not so much now) had a HEAVY focus on shooting skill, would not necessarily improve with the addition of controls that allow you to remove console crutches entirely while ALSO allowing you to, for example, actually turn around without playing on a goofy sensitivity that fucks with your ability to aim steadily? The only thing that is necessarily set-up with console in mind are the (broken) aiming and assist mechanics, which would be gone with mouse control. The way these mechanics are presently balanced in this game is a huge factor in the awful weapon sandbox we're currently dealing with.

​Still waiting for an argument that doesn't fundamentally come down to nostalgia.

It's irrelevant either way. Fact is, Halo sells boxes. Always has. Even MCC/H5 did. As long as that continues, PC Halo will always be runner up. 

Also, you could probably make a better point by being a bit less of a prick. All due respect.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Click the lightswitch icon on the top left so you can view the code, then delete it that way

the problem is.... Its probably a more viable strategy than we even realize.

Saying this to the guy who is here every day with good contributions and ponied up significant dough to go to Worlds recently from overseas.

You are just the EPITOME of classsssssss

Seriously though if you could not say this kind of shit, that would be great.

Yea it was in bad taste but frankly I'm tired of some of the most vocal/passionate people spewing out constant bitching.  Not all of us are so absorbed in hate/rage at 343 but all too often we find no place for that here.  And singling out my comment as something that shouldn't be said here and as classless is pretty ironic.

Someone piss in your cheerios this morning?

Halo has always been an Xbox title, its fans and players are Xbox users. I think you're confusing nostalgia with foundation.

You're acting as if switching Halo to PC from Xbox would be some small thing, something that wouldn't alienate 99% of its players.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

If you guys could stop quoting people on my ignore list

lumbergh.jpg

Seriously, why is this fundamental flaw in like ever forum software ever.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Yea it was in bad taste but frankly I'm tired of some of the most vocal/passionate people spewing out constant bitching.  Not all of us are so absorbed in hate/rage at 343 but all too often we find no place for that here.  And singling out my comment as something that shouldn't be said here and as classless is pretty ironic.

Then say what you mean, don't coat it in vitriol that's all.  People here call each other out all the time i just don't see how being unnecessarily nasty adds credence to any argument whatsoever.

Anyway, tis' the internet. i'm over it lol.

When is this playlist coming back so i can actually want to play halo again?

Then say what you mean, don't coat it in vitriol that's all.  People here call each other out all the time i just don't see how being unnecessarily nasty adds credence to any argument whatsoever.

Anyway, tis' the internet. i'm over it lol.

Sunday, 11:59:59PM 343 time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you guys could stop quoting people on my ignore list

lumbergh.jpg

Seriously, why is this fundamental flaw in like ever forum software ever.

This might sound crazy man but you could like just keep scrolling. Problem solved.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

If Nav gets spartan charged even one time we should never let him live it down.

Implying that Nav lives

me_irl

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been on waypoint and twitter trying to find that info. But there has been zero word. It'll be "later this week"  :flip:

Someone piss in your cheerios this morning?

Halo has always been an Xbox title, its fans and players are Xbox users. I think you're confusing nostalgia with foundation.

You're acting as if switching Halo to PC from Xbox would be some small thing, something that wouldn't alienate 99% of its players.

Worst selling game in the series. Population plummeted shortly after launch. Struggling to maintain top 25 in most played (while 2015's CoD is still consistently near or at the top). And yet we're still clinging to the delusion that it's a meaningful console seller, based SOLELY on the past (and not the current game or trends over the past half decade at least)? Yeah, that's nostalgia. Get butt hurt all you want, but this isn't the Halo 3 era anymore. Most of Halo's fanbase has jumped ship and I would wager money that a LOT of those people have PCs.

​I mentioned Summit earlier? You know, the guy who regularly gets more viewers than Halo 5's probable current population? The guy who said he would play and compete if it was respectably on PC? Making it multiplatform would drastically increase the size of the potential audience and the benefits of PC as the lead competitive platform are blatantly obvious (and still haven't been addressed).

​I'm done going in circles with you kids. Sorry that pointing out facts makes me a "prick." When you're older, hopefully you'll develop thicket skin. It was fun repeating myself.

Not really.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

How so?

How would you decide what the tournaments should played with?

You would divide the player base and the meta

That decision wouldn't be hard. You go where there's the most interest. Which is probably console.

You could have the odd dev sanctioned kb/m tournament, or provide the tools to allow 3rd parties run it in its entirety.

With RB6, they actually had two seperate, dev supported leagues for a while. They dropped the console one, likely because interest on that side wasn't there. A similar route could be taken here.

This might sound crazy man but you could like just keep scrolling. Problem solved.

Makes the ignore list useless though.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Hahaha hahaha 

All the things I've predicted coming into play..... 

kinda sound like a villain brah

• Upvote (+1) 1

<snip>

Oh I see, your point is that one popular streamer on Twitch would play Halo if it was on PC....

People have jumped ship because they games aren't as good as they used to be. Switching to PC doesn't solve the fundamental problems with the alterations to the mechanics and core of the game. What made halo great was it's simple but deep gameplay. Guns-Nades-Melee. Until that is back, the Halo we are nostalgic for wont return. It has nothing to do with PC>Xbox. 

Typically people who call other people kids during an argument are usually the ones in need of some maturing. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Whether H3A exist or not. The next halo game absolutely needs party restrictions, this is non negotiable. Every halo game post H3 has had mediocre to non playable matchmaking. Current H5 is infuriating to say the least if you're solo queuing and a snore fest for a full party. Ranks are a complete joke without party restrictions. Great solo players are placed lower than they should and below average party players are placed too high.

This even effects aspiring players looking to compete. Back in H3 if you were able to achieve a MLG 50 with the same squad you had a pretty good chance to respectfully place at a event. Now a days it's just pup stomping. Pro players are force to do customs and can't really go into matchmaking expecting any competition. In order for the scene to have any growth, the next halo game needs to have party restrictions day one.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I think Halo 5 has been stale for sometime now, top on keeping basically the same settings and no gameplay changes (yea I know 1 1/2 years later - we did it gang!). I'm just excited to see a new game to freshen up the scene again possibly.

A new game to freshen up the scene, but just like the old Halo 3, right?

It's official, 343 can't Win.

• Downvote (-1) 6

snip

Arguing that future Halo titles should also be released on PC in order to tap into that playerbase and audience is a wholly separate argument from saying HCS should switch to KB+M because it's more skillful; I don't think many (if any) people would argue against the former. You can do it exactly like CoD does with pulling in PC viewers while also keeping the esport side on console. If you change it you risk losing many existing pros who can't make the change, and you're relying on increased viewership from PC making up for people who stop watching due to their favorite pros no longer playing or something else.

Remember when the NBA switched to the synthetic ball instead of the leather ball back in 06, which was supposed to increase competition by providing better grip and consistency? The players revolted against it. The end of is if the players don't want it, generally speaking it isn't in the best interest of the league, because the players are your product. Otherwise you're banking on the completely rebooted league doing better, which may not even be necessary if you can get the best of both worlds by keeping the existing pros while also bringing in PC viewership.

• Upvote (+1) 7