CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

At first I was against the whole 1v1 thing. They're just some casual off of reddit. But most of his kills are spartan. Spartan Charges are the bane of my existence.

@@NavG123 15-0 them please.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Just to break up the 1v1 meta here, I'm going into the barber shop in roughly an hour with a few pictures of @TheSimms beard for reference. My wife has shown subtle disapproval at my nearly five months of facial shrubbery, so I'm going to go with a sure thing.

Also, if @NavG123 doesn't actually stream this 1v1, I'm going to be deeply disappointed. I think the guy he's playing against has a good sense of humor about the whole thing, and it's gonna be fun either way.

• Upvote (+1) 7

<3 <3 <3

I was gonna say something like "nah #Str8 on top" but then i realized that technically also applies to you now so i don't know how to feel anymore

• Upvote (+1) 3

How so?

How would you decide what the tournaments should played with?

You would divide the player base and the meta 

rainbow 6 held concurrent tourneys with xbox and pc being played at the same event. i wish they would do this with overwatch as well. it can be done and it keeps the 2 communities together i think 

How so?

How would you decide what the tournaments should played with?

You would divide the player base and the meta 

There's no point in putting it on PC if you're going to force an inferior control method to appeal to the console players. No one on PC is going to take that seriously and, given how small Halo is on Xbox at this point, they need some PC players (like Summit, for example) invested. The only argument in favor of using imprecise analogue control is nostalgia and fear of alienating casual console players. It's a non-issue. People on console who want to compete can make the switch to PC, which is the main platform for eSports already.

• Downvote (-1) 1

People on console who want to compete can make the switch to PC, which is the main platform for eSports already.

giphy.gif

Bad call. Not only will you be alienating a lot of the community (Which ironically, you were trying to avoid) you also kinda screw over a lot of the pros. Granted, you could say that the pros could adapt, but its more a matter of if they want to. Not to mention, there's a solid to good chance that H5 could play pretty differently on PC (Not like the divide between PC/Console Titanfall, but enough to warrant some concern.) The console community is very healthy, just needs good games more than anything else. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

rainbow 6 held concurrent tourneys with xbox and pc being played at the same event. i wish they would do this with overwatch as well. it can be done and it keeps the 2 communities together i think 

When console overwatch first came out I was on the grind and we did really really well, but we would always just get shit on from the PC community.

I don't know any shooters where the communities pull together for each other regardless of the platform. Shadowrun is one of the few legitimate cross platform shooters and its impossible or them to coexist. It sucks. As a console player, I don't mind playing against PC players. I see people make fun of console shooters for auto aim/aim assist and maybe a simple meta like CoD, but Halo CE and Shadowrun are great games that take good deal of aim skill and it just still gets shit on despite people not knowing the depth of the games.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's all going to depend on whether or not I have a good enough shot to keep the distance between me and him. My playstyle isn't big on melee.

LMAO, I just saw your Waypoint stats, you were champ 1 in Team Arena? if this guy gets one kill I'll be amazed

• Upvote (+1) 1

If anyone wants to do new settings 8s, add  Kobrahz  , trying to get some running, need 2 atm, gonna do them for the rest of the night

There's no point in putting it on PC if you're going to force an inferior control method to appeal to the console players. No one on PC is going to take that seriously and, given how small Halo is on Xbox at this point, they need some PC players (like Summit, for example) invested. The only argument in favor of using imprecise analogue control is nostalgia and fear of alienating casual console players. It's a non-issue. People on console who want to compete can make the switch to PC, which is the main platform for eSports already.

Halo would require some design changes to be competitively viable on PC. You think the Sniper is OP in 5, it would be obscene on PC.

Also moving the competitive scene over to PC is a really dumb idea. Even if H6 comes to PC it's going to be much bigger on Xbox. You'd also alienate a massive portion of the competitive fanbase and probably a number of pro players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aren't Halo 5 customs available on PC? And didn't everyone end up using controllers for that anyway? Or am i mistaken 

Overwatch chose PC and it makes Overwatch on any other platform seem irrelevant IMO. You think it keeps the communities together, I just don't see why you would grind competitive Overwatch on a console when it wouldn't be recognized by the competitive scene - I don't know how we could really prove our opinion either way. 

So I guess you're saying that competitive Halo needs to move to PC to survive? You seem to be sliding this in like it's not even a question but it's certainly debatable. COD seems to be doing just fine even with crappy games year after year.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aren't Halo 5 customs available on PC? And didn't everyone end up using controllers for that anyway? Or am i mistaken 

PC is in a worse state than xbox right now when it comes to aiming and performance issues.

giphy.gif

Bad call. Not only will you be alienating a lot of the community (Which ironically, you were trying to avoid) you also kinda screw over a lot of the pros. Granted, you could say that the pros could adapt, but its more a matter of if they want to. Not to mention, there's a solid to good chance that H5 could play pretty differently on PC (Not like the divide between PC/Console Titanfall, but enough to warrant some concern.) The console community is very healthy, just needs good games more than anything else. 

First, Halo is not a big deal on Xbox at this point. The community is not "very healthy."

Second, playing competitively on PC has absolutely no relevance at all to casual players (i.e. the majority). The majority of Halo 5's playerbase doesn't give a shit who's playing it in tournaments or on which platform. If you're a competitive player and you don't even have a budget gaming PC, that seems like a personal problem.

Third, most pros barely play anything else on Xbox. The rest of their games are on PC.

Fourth, any of the pros who are "screwed" over by the change are the ones who are helped by the compressed shooting skill gap, courtesy of shit loads of aim assist and bullet magnetism. Anyone taking the game seriously will be able to get their aiming abilities up to snuff with practice.

Sixth, yes, obviously it will play differently. Being able to actually turn around and fight people above you would make a huge difference. It would be BETTER.

Halo would require some design changes to be competitively viable on PC. You think the Sniper is OP in 5, it would be obscene on PC.

Obviously. Why on Earth would they have console aim assist/bullet magnetism mechanics in a PC FPS? That would be idiotic.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

When console overwatch first came out I was on the grind and we did really really well, but we would always just get shit on from the PC community.

I don't know any shooters where the communities pull together for each other regardless of the platform. Shadowrun is one of the few legitimate cross platform shooters and its impossible or them to coexist. It sucks. As a console player, I don't mind playing against PC players. I see people make fun of console shooters for auto aim/aim assist and maybe a simple meta like CoD, but Halo CE and Shadowrun are great games that take good deal of aim skill and it just still gets shit on despite people not knowing the depth of the games.

yeah it would be tough as a cross play, but at least for last season, there was an xbox league finals running at the same time as the pc league. they've apparently scrapped the xbox league, but it shows that the two can be put on display at the same time. competitive r6 didnt succeed in console, but with halo's long tradition in console, i dont see it suffering due to the addition of a pc league

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I guess you're saying that competitive Halo needs to move to PC to survive? You seem to be sliding this in like it's not even a question but it's certainly debatable. COD seems to be doing just fine even with crappy games year after year.

Competitive Halo needs a lot of things to survive. I'm saying moving to PC would help. CoD is a silly comparison. It's one of the biggest console IPs out there. It's multiplatform. Millions of people buy it every year and its overall population is much larger and much more stable (even on Xbox alone). CoD is a massive casual game that happens to be played competitively.

By comparison. Halo's casual population in the long term has been dwindling significantly for years, people have been begging for PC support for even longer, and I don't see any reason why a large number of people who want to take it seriously would have issues moving to PC.

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, Discussion and NavG123 losing to online kids in 1vs1s

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Obviously. Why on Earth would they have console aim assist/bullet magnetism mechanics in a PC FPS? That would be idiotic.

Why are you convinced the game will play better on PC? Everything about Halo is designed with console setup of aim assist and magnetism in mind.

It would cause some pretty big shifts in how the game is played competitively and not necessarily for the better.

Why are you convinced the game will play better on PC? Everything about Halo is designed with console setup of aim assist and magnetism in mind.

Halo 5 PC is actually pretty decent in that aspect, I think it is a bit different from console version.

Quoted this by accident and don't know how to remove.  Sorry

Click the lightswitch icon on the top left so you can view the code, then delete it that way

Imagine challenging everyone to a 1v1 while claiming you wouldn't even need a bullet to win.

What is he just going to spartan charge the whole time?

the problem is.... Its probably a more viable strategy than we even realize.

Yea, get back in warzone and then provide your halo competitive tweaking advice.  lol

Saying this to the guy who is here every day with good contributions and ponied up significant dough to go to Worlds recently from overseas.

You are just the EPITOME of classsssssss

Seriously though if you could not say this kind of shit, that would be great.

• Upvote (+1) 1