CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The one thing I want Halo 6 or whatever halo is next to improve on is the damn servers. I hate having 2 second delay everything. After one game I don't want to play anymore.

How were they for you at launch? Same stuff or has it just degraded over time?

Imagine challenging everyone to a 1v1 while claiming you wouldn't even need a bullet to win.

What is he just going to spartan charge the whole time?

Well,

In H5, I wouldn't doubt it

How were they for you at launch? Same stuff or has it just degraded over time?

I think the servers were worse at launch for because when it lagged I got kicked from games but I blamed that on when I still played on a wireless connection. Now I play on a wired connection and it feels like when I played on wireless. It's rough.

How easy is it to stream to twitch from XB1? Do I need anything for it?

Yeah it's that easy, but make sure you don't pull up any other apps on the xbox. It will force stop the broadcast.

I think the servers were worse at launch for because when it lagged I got kicked from games but I blamed that on when I still played on a wireless connection. Now I play on a wired connection and it feels like when I played on wireless. It's rough.

I know the complaint is the same, but I'm fairly certain the issue is more client side with the Xbox itself rather than the servers.  I get lag/heavy-aim on servers I have 20 ms latency too only 100 miles away.  I get perfectly responsive games in the San Antonio data center 800 miles away.  Azure servers scale on demand, the hardware tech is state of the art. It really isn't the servers.  If you've play H5 on PC with a controller you'd know the responsiveness if 100 times better on any game/server too which further points to it being an issue with the Xbox itself.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know the complaint is the same, but I'm fairly certain the issue is more client side with the Xbox itself rather than the servers. I get lag/heavy-aim on servers I have 20 ms latency too only 100 miles away. I get perfectly responsive games in the San Antonio data center 800 miles away. Azure servers scale on demand, the hardware tech is state of the art. It really isn't the servers. If you've play H5 on PC with a controller you'd know the responsiveness if 100 times better on any game/server too which further points to it being an issue with the Xbox itself.

Its not an xbox issue because no other games have h5s networking issues.

It's probably not an actual server issue either... other games use azure without issue. people just use the word "servers"as shorthand for networking problems.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know the complaint is the same, but I'm fairly certain the issue is more client side with the Xbox itself rather than the servers.  I get lag/heavy-aim on servers I have 20 ms latency too only 100 miles away.  I get perfectly responsive games in the San Antonio data center 800 miles away.  Azure servers scale on demand, the hardware tech is state of the art. It really isn't the servers.  If you've play H5 on PC with a controller you'd know the responsiveness if 100 times better on any game/server too which further points to it being an issue with the Xbox itself.

if the issue is with the xbox, then wouldnt the problems persist on other games? if it isnt the servers, then its with the way the game is built and how it communicates to the servers

I'm all for Halo 6 going to pc/play anywhere but I would want them to have the pc version only play with an xbox controller to keep the competitive integrity of the game 

• Downvote (-1) 7

How easy is it to stream to twitch from XB1?

It is very easy.

Do I need anything for it?

Do you have an xbox one? You may need one, and an internet connection.

I'm all for Halo 6 going to pc/play anywhere but I would want them to have the pc version only play with an xbox controller to keep the competitive integrity of the game

Thats childish

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why do you guys want them to move on to H3 so bad?

I'd rather have the 343 team heads down on Halo 6 with the occasional work on H5.

Hell, part of the reason they weren't doing any major changes was due to Halo Wars 2 and you guys want them to magically crank out another game?

Didn't they outsource HW2...

Just seems you're getting on my case for obviously being tired of the same old shit, honestly. 17 months or so since the game launched and we've only just got word on a potential AR tweak which should have happened right as 2016 started. 

It's incredibly frustrating to see Call of Duty constantly tweak weapons almost monthly while Halo doesn't change anything when it really needs changing.

I have been playing a lot more Overwatch lately and really appreciate the transparency and tweaks they are doing. Viewing the meta daily and addressing things right away when they aren't working as intended. Sure there are still bugs or glitches sometimes, but when they see a meta happening that was unintended and hindered gameplay or enjoyment, they are proactive and transparent about resolving it. We are only now seeing the ARs taken out and radar tweaks, so long after release in Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm not all that tech savvy, but you'd think it HAS to be an Xbox issue. We all know that the Xbox One is, frankly, under-powered. Hell, they had to re-structure some forge items because any forge map was causing massive framerate issues.

I'm not all that tech savvy, but you'd think it HAS to be an Xbox issue. We all know that the Xbox One is, frankly, under-powered. Hell, they had to re-structure some forge items because any forge map was causing massive framerate issues.

again that would mean that other games would have the same issue, but halo is the only one that ever gives me issues. i've never had issues with me:a, overwatch, titanfall 2 or any other online game. the issue exist somewhere in the games code that interrupts communication with servers or with the servers themselves. it would be interesting to see statistics of malformed and dropped packets during a matchmaking game

• Upvote (+1) 2

ALSO: Instead of getting mad at some trash reddit kid, let's all take a second to remember that EU might not even get a LAN this season.

We're still grieving, trash reddit kids let us forget the pain of what we lost. Even if its only for a moment. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The competitive integrity of using an inferior input device with a bunch of aim assist? How about no?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thats childish

How so?

How would you decide what the tournaments should played with?

You would divide the player base and the meta