CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I love how people say we need universal settings because X game uses them and it works great. Nothing like comparing an FPS to a moba..

Nothing like comparing a philosophy of putting balanced/competitive gameplay first to the idea of universal settings so that the casuals won't get confused. They weren't confused for long when Halo 3 came along, so why would it now happen for H5?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was just thinking about something like this.

I think everyone is way too focused on not knowing the solution to the problems.

The solution/s don't need to happen instantaneously right this very second. I think what should be addressed is the fact that problems exist (and have for awhile not being addressed) and should come to light, and those responsible take responsibility/held accountable. The solutions will come, ideally they're worked on together and peacefully but we'll see.

my god. what kind of politics must there be going on within 343 industries for some/many of their staff to not even KNOW about these concerns?? 

I sincerely hope you stay in contact with those people directly @@Mikwen. Simply tweeting at/talking to people like Quinn acts as a filter to those internal folk. The fact that they don't even know about these issues seems to indicate to me that whoever the middle-men are between the community and the internal people (aka quinn, ske7ch, whoever else) are either intentionally blocking certain viewpoints or they're just inept at communicating these concerms

if you can, get some of these people's emails directly and send them content the community has made (snipedown's video a few months ago, that list of constructive feedback cyren keeps posting, whatever else you can find/remember). 

it's a desperate effort honestly but we need to skip over people like quinn and maybe it'll work. plus they know you now and trust your opinion because of your skill so it's much better coming from you than from randoms like us 

edit: either that or these design dudes were humoring you, but you'd have to make that judgement call

This - https://youtu.be/CRaRhwnCkXQ?t=1069

Universal settings only work when the base game isn't a clusterfuck.

Side note I worked a gaming event Friday night and they had CE setup on a box and I overheard someone say "I'm so used to being able to sprint in Halo"

I wept a little bit.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Universal settings only work when the base game isn't a clusterfuck.

Side note I worked a gaming event Friday night and they had CE setup on a box and I overheard someone say "I'm so used to being able to sprint in Halo"

I wept a little bit.

You shit on them right?

You shit on them right?

I didn't get much of a chance to play unfortunately, it was more an event for local developers to show off their games we just held it in a place that's sort of like an arcade where you can play older consoles/games.

I mostly just showed them things like backpack reload and quick camo. Though in the very little amount I actually got to game in between working I crushed their souls and I'm not even close to being good at CE compared to some.

I hope not, that would be a dick thing to do.

I should point out that they were having a good time. I told them Halo was sort of the game I have the most experience with and it was just one of those friendly competitions where they wanted to make sure I wasn't lying about being decent at the game.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

How can you know a thread exists if you don't visit that community?

This right here is the problem the people who are in charge of sandbox balance probably doesn't even have an account here all of our feedback might as well have been going into a black hole.

I mean up until a couple of months ago we all thought Quinn was in charge of sandbox balance but it's that timlongojr guy who gets on Twitter once in a blue moon and has zero Halo related tweets.

This right here is the problem the people who are in charge of sandbox balance probably doesn't even have an account here all of our feedback might as well have been going into a black hole.

I mean up until a couple of months ago we all thought Quinn was in charge of sandbox balance but it's that timlongojr guy who gets on Twitter once in a blue moon and has zero Halo related tweets.

Tim Longo can seriously go resign his lazy butt off of 343. What a pathetic developer.

Still waiting, "creative director."

• Upvote (+1) 5

That's not his job though, and I don't hold it against him for not being active on social media.

343 PAYS for people to interact with the community and then bring these kinds of issues to the designers. That apparently isn't happening.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Though in the very little amount I actually got to game in between working I crushed their souls and I'm not even close to being good at CE compared to some.

This is why CE is the best. You can be slightly above average and just soul-crush for days.

Is this not just the same cycle again and again, Quinn doesn't budge no matter how much data you throw at him.

I honestly think we need to give reverse psychology a try 

• Upvote (+1) 1

two because it's 99% competitive players. 

That is just factually incorrect. LoL has a huge ARAM/Unranked playerbase.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Did you just say ARAM is not competitive? That shit is way sweatier competitive than ranked.

I remember playing in Riot sponsored ARAM tournaments, and winning one. I got Triumphant Ryze skin to prove it as well.

Is this not just the same cycle again and again, Quinn doesn't budge no matter how much data you throw at him.

I honestly think we need to give reverse psychology a try 

time to tweet him about Saw starts boys! 

• Upvote (+1) 5

man, when Str8 eliminated Splyce I was kicking myself for taking Shottzy over Renegade. kind of vindicating to see I was right in the first place haha

I chose renegade over shottzy after about 20 mins of deliberation and it made me come in 13th rather than joint first. :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still the vast majority only cares about competitive. 

As much as I want to see sprint gone I think thats a problem for H6.

Grenade hitmarkers, autos and pistol re-balancing, fucking splinters, radar changes are all things that could and should be changed/re-balanced and would massively improve the game, to play and to watch as a spectator. Problem is we've been complaining about them since the game launched and nothings changed, why would it change now.

I dont think I've seen a dev as reluctant to make changes to weapon balancing as 343 with H5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys. While I also really would love different settings, and different map set ups.

Please don't try to spin it as wpuld new settings 'grow' the interest in Halo, nobody who doesn't care for Halo right now will suddenly watch and become a die hard fan cause the radar is out.

Let's say it like it is the settings are trash and we want others because of it.

Also if we stay a whole nother year of H5 we need new competitive maps.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Guys. While I also really would love different settings, and different map set ups.

Please don't try to spin it as wpuld new settings 'grow' the interest in Halo, nobody who doesn't care for Halo right now will suddenly watch and become a die hard fan cause the radar is out.

Let's say it like it is the settings are trash and we want others because of it.

Also if we stay a whole nother year of H5 we need new competitive maps.

Idk about you, but I thought the same thing in Halo Reach. NBNS came out and suddenly my friends list exploded with people. 343i grossly underestimates the number of players that have left because of sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 9

At this point I have no idea why casuals play halo 5. The only reason I play is because I follow the competitive side and if a friend want to play (so pretty much only because I follow hcs). But what do I know, casuals are in the majority

Edit: also the last dlc released in December, so it's not like new content is keeping casuals playing

• Upvote (+1) 1

Settings have nothing to do with growing the game. That's all marketing. People here complain about settings, yet I saw so many people yesterday say they didn't watch halo but loved the finals with optic and would want to watch more.

3 of the last 4 cods were disliked by most fans but they're still huge and everyone plays. Why? Because it's well marketed. It has relevant celebrities in their commercials. They're ubiquitous when it's near release dates and the games are just casual and solid enough to play for both noobs and pros. Same reason people claim to hate transformers but still see it.

Halo still focuses it's marketing on the campaign story when there's a whole generation of shooter fans who've never even played the campaign. Don't know who the arbiter or the flood is, and don't give a shit. The whole emphasis should change

• Upvote (+1) 5