CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Again, not what I'm doing.

Someone said Torque is the worst map in the series, they're wrong.

Yup, exactly what I said. Definitely not misconstruing me at all.

Just allow your comments to become a meme for the next page or so

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Guys Torque is better than Epitaph so H5 > H3

Epitaph is better than Molten though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When Tashi confirmed the weapon changes for the Proving Ground and "Official HCS" settings that will be out later this week, he also said that: "early next week, we’ll be collecting feedback as well as working with top players on motion tracker options that play best with the updated settings."

Since today is Tuesday:

Did any pros talk on stream (or here) that they got contacted about the radar changes already?

I think I heard something yesterday during 8s where they said there was going to be a call with someone/people from 343 today about settings. *I think I heard something like this*
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't touched any ranked playlists aside from PG since it came out so these next few days are going to be hard :'(

Good luck in that caps series btw :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

A decent amount of the pros actually have said that Torque CTF is within the realm of playable for competition. It obviously has gone through a lot of iteration (2 Gravity Hammers rofl) but with a couple more changes, it really wouldn't be too bad of an option to at least test competitively.

It's not stellar but it's not the trainwreck it used to be.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A decent amount of the pros actually have said that Torque CTF is within the realm of playable for competition. It obviously has gone through a lot of iteration (2 Gravity Hammers rofl) but with a couple more changes, it really wouldn't be too bad of an option to at least test competitively.

The PG version of Torque was alright. It's nice to play a dual snipe map.

The scripted lifts on either side were a bit pointless though.

The PG version of Torque was alright.

Get rid of the scripted elevators in each Street and I'd play it.

Still worthy of plenty of criticism.

D U A L S N I P E R S

Not until they fix that lighting.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Every Halo game has bad maps, but let's not get crazy and think Halo 5 has some top tier maps going on now. The best of H5 is in the middle of the pack for the original trilogy at best.

Correct, I think we got reasonably lucky with H5 launch maps --- in comparison to H4 maps and H5 DLC maps --- but they still aren't amazing.  

My barometer is how annoyed or not-annoyed I feel when I see a particular map on the loading screen.  For the maps in H5 Arena, I don't really hate any of them, though Eden / Empire / Rig are not great, but Plaza, Truth, Regret, Coli are legitimately good.  With H4 I just remember being annoyed almost every time a game was loading ... worst maps (on average) of any game in the series.

What happened to Assault/Oddball? Did we just forget about them for this season? How would they play with the new settings/PG radar?

• Upvote (+1) 1

What happened to Assault/Oddball? Did we just forget about them for this season? How would they play with the new settings/PG radar?

Until Oddball gets official announcer stuff with proper medals, it's not going to be added.

Get rid of the scripted elevators in each Street and I'd play it.

Still worthy of plenty of criticism.

I don't really have a problem with the lifts, they just seem unnecessary.

Not until they fix that lighting.

I can see why the lighting is a problem, I legit never had an issue with it though.

Correct, I think we got reasonably lucky with H5 launch maps --- in comparison to H4 maps and H5 DLC maps --- but they still aren't amazing.  

My barometer is how annoyed or not-annoyed I feel when I see a particular map on the loading screen.  For the maps in H5 Arena, I don't really hate any of them, though Eden / Empire / Rig are not great, but Plaza, Truth, Regret, Coli are legitimately good.  With H4 I just remember being annoyed almost every time a game was loading ... worst maps (on average) of any game in the series.

The only maps I consistently get annoyed seeing are Overgrowth in the PG playlist and Riptide in Slayer. I stopped bothering with the Slayer playlist around when Molten came out though...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now that I really think about.... Halo CE did had Plasma Pistol starts... I wonder what was the logic behind that 

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Epitaph is better than Molten though.

If we start a "Things that are better than Molten" list, we could literally be here forever.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Logically I know it could be fine, but just moving around that map tilts me so hard. Deciding what to do off the break is another tough one. Which alleyway do I die in today?

Until Oddball gets official announcer stuff with proper medals, it's not going to be added.

I'm laughing like a madman right now and slowly crying. Stop taking shit out of Halo

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't think Torque CTF will work

They fixed the first video's problem in Anvil's Legacy and the second is a problem with the scripted elevators, which are bogus and redundant anyway.