CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Torque might be the single worst map out of any Halo game.

IMO Torque isn't even the worst map in H5, Riptide is way worse. I can't think of a single redeeming quality.

• Upvote (+1) 5

IDK, 343 outdid themselves with the launch maps IMO. Plaza & Eden are two of my favorite maps in the franchise. Truth & Regret are both good at what they're made for.

Coliseum would be perfect if it had SPNKR instead of H5 rockets. Also, H2 Beam Rifles in caves could work IMO. Maybe reduce the starting battery. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The medals also take fucking ages to pop up in H5. 

The medals suck because they look like the plastic circle thing from the inside of a bottle cap.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sorry, couldn't hear you over Beaver Creek

Did anyone else notice in the remake certain affinity did for hcea they put a bunch of details, some of which blocked lines of sight. Most notably probably the vines and blocked some of the base to base los.

Depends on if I get a place to live sorted before pro league starts. Had to move back to my parents for a bit and the internet is terrible and I cant stream.

Fair play man, obviously it would be great if you could cast some of the 'offical' pro league streams (if we are getting one per week again) but the community casts were always fun so would be cool to see them again

I haven't touched any ranked playlists aside from PG since it came out so these next few days are going to be hard :'(

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't touched any ranked playlists aside from PG since it came out so these next few days are going to be hard :'(

These days are going to be like those days you take your kid to do everything they like before or after breaking some bad news to them. 

Except the kid is a guy in his mid 30's named Quinn DelHoyo and what he likes to do is shove AR's and radar wayyyyy down our throats. 

Be nice today guys. We'll break it to him tomorrow.

People tend to forget Reach maps. Probably because of the PTSD of playing swordbase

And maps in CE, 2, 3 and 4.

Torque isn't great but it's playable.

It's better than maps like Chiron, Backwash, Snowbound etc.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Every Halo game has bad maps, but let's not get crazy and think Halo 5 has some top tier maps going on now. The best of H5 is in the middle of the pack for the original trilogy at best.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Every Halo game has bad maps, but let's not get crazy and think Halo 5 has some top tier maps going on now. The best of H5 is in the middle of the pack for the original trilogy at best.

I never said it did, I'm saying Torque is no where near the worst map in the series.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Torque is not better than Chiron or Bacwash at all. Those maps weren't meant to be competitive, they are for fun and offer different forms of gameplay than the base game. Torque is just a map that is trying to be competitive but it sucks ass at that, and that's the only thing it offers. Not to mention the game it's in makes it that much worse. H2 BRs, smgs, splinter nades, sword, camo, DMRs. It's a shit map at its one function. You cannot sit here and tell me you have had more fun games on Torque than Chiron. Otherwise you just didn't play CE with your friends. SHWATguns CTF on Chiron > anything Torque.
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I never said it did, I'm saying Torque is no where near the worst map in the series.

If you have to say Torque is better than the maps you listed then it's pretty bad. No need to sugarcoat it.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1