CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

He meant we probably wont get new maps. Not that we didn't get maps in the previous updates.

Also, if the maps are remixes... are we consider them as brand new maps? :thinking:

I hope they don't do "remixes" In Halo 6. Not a fan of that at all

• Upvote (+1) 3

H5's medals are kinda flat (if that makes sense), whereas the H3/Reach medals pop out more. Reach medals also have that gritty look that goes along with the rest of the art style.

Also, the H5 multikill medals look pretty similar to each other.

The medals are flat on purpose:

H3 Cartoony style = cartoony medals. Great.

Reach gritty style = gritty medals. Great.

H5 bland style = bland medals. Sad.

I'm in a positive state of mind right now so I'm going to pretend these aren't the maps we've been given post-launch.

Mercy

Molten

Stasis

Tyrant

Torque

Riptide

Overgrowth

Molten: hallways

Torque: 3 large hallways

Riptide: hallways

Overgrowth: hallways

343 map design  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 5

The only good maps 343 have done are Haven, Skyline, and Truth (Middy v3 basically).

Don't @

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Alright, someone explain it to me because I really don't get it. What about those medals is so much better than 5's?

Actually, I don't even like Reach's. Honestly I thought Reach's art style sucked for the most part (besides the amazing skyboxes). Why the hell did they go with the dark and gritty aesthetic?

inb4 Unreall calls me a shill.

I hear ya, the biggest problem for me with h5 medals is the delay in which they roll across the screen (and they don't roll). Everything else is super subjective. Reach was a pretty ugly game IMO and the competitive maps were all forge world and grey, like they were made on minecraft.

The only good maps 343 have done are Haven, Skyline, and Truth (Middy v3 basically).

Don't @

Honestly liked Exile for BTB. Also, I think Fathom and Plaza are pretty good maps. Fathom could really shine with the new settings. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honestly liked Exile for BTB. Also, I think Fathom and Plaza are pretty good maps. Fathom could really shine with the new settings.

Yeah a map where one team gets a Gauss Warthog and the other team doesn't is super fair.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't @

Coli is pretty good.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Something about this:

KRdFkmz.gif

Doesn't excite me as much as this:

TES1cA6.gif

I think it's the varying colours, how they pop off the screen and how they have a sense of importance compared to Halo 5.

Obviously it's all personal preference in the end!

The medals also take fucking ages to pop up in H5. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

The old medals also showed up when the play happened.  When the h5 medals don't immediately pop up and casters can't tell if the player was credited for a double kill or a triple kill I cringe every time.

The medals also take fucking ages to pop up in H5. 

This bugs me to no end, I notice it constantly on streams and in montages.

Overall I don't think medals feel as rewarding as they have in the past. I also think too many medals and the extended timer for multikills detract from what made them great.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The old medals also showed up when the play happened. When the h5 medals don't immediately pop up and casters can't tell if the player was credited for a double kill or a triple kill I cringe every time.

This I can agree with.

A lot of people still don't know that for some reason Halo 5 bumped multi kills up to 5 seconds. Halo 4 and H2A were both 4.5 seconds. All games prior to that were 4 seconds.

I have mixed feelings on this. Sniper clips that have snipes 5 seconds apart are not clean at all to watch, but now you can actually get multikills without a powerweapon like snipe or rockets. I know teamshots, but still. I agree tho the medals in h3 were the best.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just think Halo 5 is overly saturated with medals that don't need to exist.

Also, Black Ops 2 is backwards compatible. Shit is lit. RIP Infinite Warfare.

• Upvote (+1) 4