CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I hate talking about matchmaking woes in this thread, but god damn...

Do any of you feel like Proving Grounds is the most unplayable playlist ever? Honestly, to me it always seems like it's a 3v4 or someone quits early or gets disconnected from the server 50% of the time. Compounded by the fact that the solo queue system is still terrible and essentially punishes you for searching alone and you have a recipe for disaster.

Currently in a 1v4 as I'm typing this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

BREAKING: Each online community has their own cliques and opinions.

I'm from Halo Waypoint and you're completely wrong and I hate you

I hate talking about matchmaking woes in this thread, but god damn...

Do any of you feel like Proving Grounds is the most unplayable playlist ever? Honestly, to me it always seems like it's a 3v4 or someone quits early or gets disconnected from the server 50% of the time. Compounded by the fact that the solo queue system is still terrible and essentially punishes you for searching alone and you have a recipe for disaster.

Hey if you want to start a party let me know! I'm down to play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

/r/competitivehalo mod called us cancer :mj:

https://twitter.com/iSigmatic/status/851747737259454464

edit: By the way my tweet was kind of a joke, since I play with him sometimes.

The memes are on point,and people are on here are the go to source(if you want to understand halo team beyond is the place to be) if you want to understand why something negatively or positively effects gameplay but how teambeyond treats the new people who come on here,and disagree with them could be improved.Coming from someone who:s relatively new I'm all for neg repping someone who's continues to spew an idiotic opinion after they've been debunked but they shouldn't a have the hammer dropped on them the first 2 or 3 posts.Team beyond can also lose their shit about something that really doesn't matter but I barely ever see that.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Black Ops 2 is BC <3

OpTic Top 1.

Black Ops 2 became BC before any serious sandbox changes were made for Halo 5.

wow

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There's something seriously wrong with the way my Xbox One receives wifi. Makes no sense how my laptop gets 250mbps download on speedtest, but my Xbox gets maybe 15.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When Tashi confirmed the weapon changes for the Proving Ground and "Official HCS" settings that will be out later this week, he also said that: "early next week, we’ll be collecting feedback as well as working with top players on motion tracker options that play best with the updated settings."

Since today is Tuesday:

Did any pros talk on stream (or here) that they got contacted about the radar changes already? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's something seriously wrong with the way my Xbox One receives wifi. Makes no sense how my laptop gets 250mbps download on speedtest, but my Xbox gets maybe 15.

Funny, I have the exact opposite. I get much higher speeds on my xbox than on any other device.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Black Ops 2 became BC before any serious sandbox changes were made for Halo 5.

wow

Has there ever been a big Title update or anything for Halo 5?

Also, will we be be receiving any more DLC this year?

Sorry if this is off topic

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Mythic Snipers got rotated in for a second time before Halo 5 got a balance patch announced.

Moa

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well there have been multiple large updates to H5, just nothing I would consider a "Weapon Sandbox Update".

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Agreed. I was trying to extend an olive branch and have seen at least one counterproductive comment in my mentions. Hoping it doesn't continue. Usually not the best strat to counter being called a cancer with a comment attacking the community he's a part of.

Dude isn't even worth the time. Acts like a stereotypical "modern Halo" kid who doesn't like older Halo games, thinks H5 is super well balanced because pros use bullet hoses now, and throws a tantrum if anyone suggests otherwise. r/CompetitiveHalo? lmfao. Of course he thinks Beyond is cancer. It's full of people who actually like Halo games.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There's been big download sizes and big content drops but 'big' as in a ton of stuff that excites you depends entirely on the person. 

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/games/halo-5-guardians/updates

That page has a full list of all updates, the biggest in terms of content probably being Warzone Firefight. 

No meaningful sandbox updates though. We got a Plasma Caster buff then nerf, sniper rifle nerfed out of scope and something else I'm forgetting. 

As for more DLC - we dunno. Probably nothing like new maps, just new armours, REQs, etc but surprise me.

There's been big download sizes and big content drops but 'big' as in a ton of stuff that excites you depends entirely on the person. 

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/games/halo-5-guardians/updates

That page has a full list of all updates, the biggest in terms of content probably being Warzone Firefight. 

No meaningful sandbox updates though. We got a Plasma Caster buff then nerf, sniper rifle nerfed out of scope and something else I'm forgetting. 

As for more DLC - we dunno. Probably nothing like new maps, just new armours, REQs, etc but surprise me.

I'm in a positive state of mind right now so I'm going to pretend these aren't the maps we've been given post-launch.

Mercy

Molten

Stasis

Tyrant

Torque

Riptide

Overgrowth

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly the bullet mag is insane in this game, but what annoys me is the quality of the medals themselves. In H2, H3, HR the medals appearance was enough of an incentive to try and attain them. i still vividly remember my first Killtacular in Halo 2 team snipers on Burial Mounds.

I mean look at the Halo 3 medals and Reach medals. Just awesomeness. 

hqdefault.jpg

17903814_1546591135374032_86113819217160

Bungie has a significantly better art team than 343 - just look at Destiny. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm in a positive state of mind right now so I'm going to pretend these aren't the maps we've been given post-launch.

Mercy

Molten

Stasis

Tyrant

Torque

Riptide

Overgrowth

Dang. Didn't realize we got that many lol

Not a fan of any them though sadly

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bungie has a significantly better art team than 343 - just look at Destiny. 

Alright, someone explain it to me because I really don't get it. What about those medals is so much better than 5's?

Actually, I don't even like Reach's. Honestly I thought Reach's art style sucked for the most part (besides the amazing skyboxes). Why the hell did they go with the dark and gritty aesthetic?

inb4 Unreall calls me a shill.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Mercy

Molten

Stasis

Tyrant

Torque

Riptide

Overgrowth

He meant we probably wont get new maps. Not that we didn't get maps in the previous updates.

Also, if the maps are remixes... are we consider them as brand new maps?  :thinking:

Alright, someone explain it to me because I really don't get it. What about those medals is so much better than 5's?

Actually, I don't even like Reach's. Honestly I thought Reach's art style sucked for the most part (besides the amazing skyboxes). Why the hell did they go with the dark and gritty aesthetic?

I think it's a bit subjective what people prefer.

I personally prefer Reach over Halo 4/Halo 5, I think they're not only more 'alive', they're also easier to recognize and feel more special. The colors, the design, things like that. When that dude showed me Halo 5's medals it was a bit hard to point out a few medals I had in my medals. Like headshot medal, killing spree medal and reversal medal. While in Halo 3/Reach's case I found them almost instantly.

inb4 Unreall calls me a shill.

H5's medals are kinda flat (if that makes sense), whereas the H3/Reach medals pop out more. Reach medals also have that gritty look that goes along with the rest of the art style.

Also, the H5 multikill medals look pretty similar to each other.