CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Honestly the bullet mag is insane in this game, but what annoys me is the quality of the medals themselves. In H2, H3, HR the medals appearance was enough of an incentive to try and attain them. i still vividly remember my first Killtacular in Halo 2 team snipers on Burial Mounds.

I hate that they increased the time between kills as well. It feels like they are trying to hand you medals vs having you earn them

• Upvote (+1) 2

The only new medals since H3 that are worth a damn are reversal and perfect imo.

I liked the added 5-15 spree medals that reach added, or at least don't see a problem with them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I liked the added 5-15 spree medals that reach added, or at least don't see a problem with them.

Still sad we didn't see Ground Pround sprees for 5-15.

Ground Pound Spree

RAW MEAT

Sore in the Morning

@@Sitri

• Upvote (+1) 2

Still sad we didn't see Ground Pround sprees for 5-15.

Ground Pound Spree

RAW MEAT

Sore in the Morning

@@Sitri

Are you trying to trigger everyone?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Are you trying to trigger everyone?

Yes.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly the bullet mag is insane in this game, but what annoys me is the quality of the medals themselves. In H2, H3, HR the medals appearance was enough of an incentive to try and attain them. i still vividly remember my first Killtacular in Halo 2 team snipers on Burial Mounds.

I mean look at the Halo 3 medals and Reach medals. Just awesomeness.

hqdefault.jpg

17903814_1546591135374032_86113819217160

Those medals for Reach may seem to reward some redundant and pointless tasks (since there's so many of them), but I literally couldn't care less because they all look sick.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"Reals before feels" bro. I don't feel any "heavy aim" at all, and plz don't come with the "casuals are too stupid to notice" I'm a Onyx 2000 last season Arena, former MLG 50.

First of all, I hope you know how illogical it is to use "trust me, heavy aim doesn't exist, I'm good" when people far better than you say it does exist.... like pros... or most people. Baffling really, considering you're already aware that those people disagree with you.

Also, I suck at this game and only matched you twice, maybe 6 months and three gamertags ago, but if you're Onyx 2000, I really need to find a To4  :laughing:

I hate that they increased the time between kills as well. It feels like they are trying to hand you medals vs having you earn them

Another example of what seems to be 343 catering to the casual community. Sure have it in warzone, but reduce the time for arena

2n86lu9.png

Potato quality I know. But this is 343s definition of solo queue.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Heavy aim exists. This is literally not up for debate. 

I don't even want to hear you breathe while thinking of heavy aim until you prove that god exists

• Upvote (+1) 1

should 343 bring back come back kill medal for cratos when he gets 1 kill for every 3 deaths in the new settings. Could beat reversal as my favourite medal if that happens. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thats the problem for sure. Its like Oprah going, " you get a medal! And you get a medal and YOU GET A MEDAL!" Amazingly the beta was worse. It makes them feel cheap, but i think they look fine.

The only new medals since H3 that are worth a damn are reversal and perfect imo.

Edit: i find the "spray and pray" medal to be downright insulting. Nobody deserves a medal for getting a cross map kill with an AR

I don't think the intention of the spray and pray medal is praise the player that receives it. It's a way for them to quantify a certain playstyle. For instance, say you're playing against someone who is running around the map with an AR and getting long range kills all game. Now you can look at his medals post game and confirm how cheap his kills were and feel better about yourself.

I like having medals such as those.

I feel like some people tend to forget, but "heavy aim" did exist to some extent in halo 3. I had plenty of sensitivity crisis' depending on the connection. Some played fast, others extremely slow and heavy.

I feel like some people tend to forget, but "heavy aim" did exist to some extent in halo 3. I had plenty of sensitivity crisis' depending on the connection. Some played fast, others extremely slow and heavy.

The aiming in Halo 3 was janky due to grid aiming, but it didn't have "heavy aim".  The grid aiming is what made diagonal aiming so fucked up in that game.  The lateral turn speed was always the same unless you had slow-turn though.  Slow turn was a different animal than heavy aim because it occurred at the edges of deflection, not through the whole range, and was a problem with the controller not the game.  I remember having slow turn with a couple of 360 controllers and using some sandpaper to make the hole that the thumbstick comes through a little bigger on the side of the slow turn (always to the left... not sure why) to fix it, then it was fine.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The aiming in Halo 3 was janky due to grid aiming, but it didn't have "heavy aim". The grid aiming is what made diagonal aiming so fucked up in that game. The lateral turn speed was always the same unless you had slow-turn though. Slow turn was a different animal than heavy aim because it occurred at the edges of deflection, not through the whole range, and was a problem with the controller not the game. I remember having slow turn with a couple of 360 controllers and using some sandpaper to make the hole that the thumbstick comes through a little bigger on the side of the slow turn (always to the left... not sure why) to fix it, then it was fine.

You make a valid point there. Host was noticeably faster sense wise though.

You make a valid point there. Host was noticeably faster sense wise though.

Don't think this is true 

2n86lu9.png

Potato quality I know. But this is 343s definition of solo queue.

That is just bad luck my friend.  I actually enjoy getting games against pro's despite how they go so I wouldn't want that chance to be removed.

• Upvote (+1) 6

/r/competitivehalo mod called us cancer  :mj:

edit: By the way my tweet was kind of a joke, since I play with him sometimes.