CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Does anyone know why this happens? I notice it occasionally where all of a sudden I see a flash of a weapon that is not on the map. I noticed it in the LG vs CP scrim last night on empire. This case was a sword. lCN9Bnc.jpg

Just 343 continuing to rig the game against Cratos in favor of their golden boy, nothing new.

• Upvote (+1) 2

After watching the entire Halo 3 tournament until the end last night, I had a thought. 

I realized how long and complicated objective games were. I could be completely wrong on this, but the diversity of gametypes (CTF, Oddball, and KOTH) plus the length of games and complexity really made an objective game differentiate from a slayer game. An issue with H5 is that objective gametypes (IMO) feel like a slayer with an objective and slayers end up as stand offs due to the game being so fast teams try to slow it down. 

In H3, objective gametypes were more like a chess match rather than just trying to outslay your opponents. This allowed certain players who might not have been the best slayers but smart players to stand out.

I'm not saying H5 doesn't have this at all, but it is extremely limited compared to H3. 

I watched that tourney from start to finish too jumping all over the streams to watch matches. I enjoyed that more than any h5 tourney so far tbh, and know exactly what you mean about objective gametypes.

I hate to revive the topic of UMG's prize pool distribution, but I just noticed that there's an FFA tournament at the event with $5,000 on the line. That $5,000 should be going to the ams, not the dead FFA scene. Sigh.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I hate to revive the topic of UMG's prize pool distribution, but I just noticed that there's an FFA tournament at the event with $5,000 on the line. That $5,000 should be going to the ams, not the dead FFA scene. Sigh.

What if the FFA scene is dead because of low prize pools?  :thinking:

What if the FFA scene is dead because of low prize pools?  :thinking:

Pretty sure the FFA scene is dead because H5 FFA sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Pros don't play in FFA, so it is going to Ams :kappa:
  • Upvote (+1) 4

>Contra has nearly 1000 viewers while streaming overwatch

wth  :thinking:

edit: oh nvm Kephrii hosted him lol

>Contra has nearly 1000 viewers while streaming overwatch

wth  Beyond%20Thinking.png

edit: oh nvm Kephrii hosted him lol

kephri singlehandedly keeping halo relevant this week

I don't want to continue discussing this, but the evidence so far is very flimsy.

You're a shill.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Couldn't agree more on the medals. Of all the things that have been changed seemingly for the sake of change that is one of the worst.

Now there are so many new completely pointless medals that no one cares for and they just look boring. Just another thing which keeps the game from feeling like a Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Stumbled across this on a Reddit discussion about Pokemon eyes. I've seen quite a few Halo discussions in random threads over the past few days which is kind of surprising.

IaWkBD9.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

I dunno what the hell those Halo 3 medals are - those look like poorly made fan ones rather than the official ones.

Did the poo medal give it away?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone know why this happens? I notice it occasionally where all of a sudden I see a flash of a weapon that is not on the map. I noticed it in the LG vs CP scrim last night on empire. This case was a sword. lCN9Bnc.jpg

I guess the Sword is Halo 5's default weapon or something and for a split second when picking up an item that has just spawned, it will show the image of the Sword instead. I'm gonna tag @@Infinity just to double check but I'm pretty sure picking up a power up also shows you as holding a Sword for the animation duration on observer mode.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did the poo medal give it away?

Dj5Lr4s.png

lmaoooo

Are these real?

I guess the Sword is Halo 5's default weapon or something and for a split second when picking up an item that has just spawned, it will show the image of the Sword instead. I'm gonna tag @@Infinity just to double check but I'm pretty sure picking up a power up also shows you as holding a Sword for the animation duration on observer mode.

Pretty sure it shows for flags as well. I was on the enemies flag, we capped and the flag respawned and for a split second it said pick up sword.

Thats the problem for sure. Its like Oprah going, " you get a medal! And you get a medal and YOU GET A MEDAL!" Amazingly the beta was worse. It makes them feel cheap, but i think they look fine.

The only new medals since H3 that are worth a damn are reversal and perfect imo.

Edit: i find the "spray and pray" medal to be downright insulting. Nobody deserves a medal for getting a cross map kill with an AR

Reload spree! Reload frenzy!

• Upvote (+1) 2