CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

https://youtu.be/1RehuvqV6Wk

This video in combination with the comments under the video have made me want to seek out therapy.

In spite of this gold pleb who should be given no credit for any arguments surrounding Halo settings and mechanics for competitive play (with unarguably the worst personality of the community), he still has over 60k subs. Vetoed and he should switch their sub counts plz.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I've yet to see anyone upset about Frosty bagging.

Teabagging is part of what makes Halo great. I always find myself bagging people in COD or Gears only to realize that the death screen is too short for my opponent to really see.

no one with a brain but there's definitely a lot of bitching from kids on twitter. maybe on /r/halo too, i know some people there were upset last time but i don't really go there ever anymore

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@CyReN @@Saucey

For the amount of posts @@Phade does he definitely deserves that VIP status, unless its not appearing purple to me.

At the moment I'm not actively working on the HCS so it would make sense that I don't have purple anymore. Hopefully the time will come that I am once again a part of the HCS team in some way.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

In spite of this gold pleb who should be given no credit for any arguments surrounding Halo settings and mechanics for competitive play (with unarguably the worst personality of the community), he still has over 60k subs. Vetoed and he should switch their sub counts plz.

How can anyone watch someone who walks in straight lines and ARs people? I clicked to a random part of the video where he was talking about how pros shouldn't complain because 343 are the reason they get paid and now I have cancer.

Does anyone know how I can delete (d nerd) the memory of this guy's existence from my mind?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know what else to do besides tweet, but please guys don't let this get swept under the rug. Let the right people at Microsoft know this went on this weekend - you guys deserve better as a community. I hate to get preachy, but this was one of the few times I've felt embarrassed to be apart of Halo.

https://twitter.com/CyReN_/status/846505686871785472

https://twitter.com/CyReN_/status/846126623770529793

Is this service something that could be useful for halo? like all the pros/community reaching out at once to remove/change something?

or if anyone knows of something similar

• Upvote (+1) 1

no one with a brain but there's definitely a lot of bitching from kids on twitter. maybe on /r/halo too, i know some people there were upset last time but i don't really go there ever anymore

Lmao, some people are such wimps

My personal thoughts on radar/no radar.

After spending a lot of time in the Proving Grounds playlist, I really think the Spartan Ability radar is the best option. Full radar is a disaster. Hate it. And no radar seems like people would still abuse sprint and other Spartan Abilities.

The SA only radar I feel is a good balance because it punishes players for sprinting around all the time, but allows flankers to still maneuver around the map at normal running speed without alerting the other team.

Just my personal two cents. I hate sprint in Halo games and the SA only radar seems like a way to nerf it a bit and get rid of the current radar.

• Upvote (+1) 4

what irks me is so l8 into the games lifecycle, we're only just now getting a separate playlist for new settings and even then only one thing is changed so far.

for comp play, keep SA radar, remove splinters, make autos map pickups and remove the amount of them, and have pistol starts. is this really that different from the base game that casuals will get lost if they ever played it? it's like they don't remember or are deliberately ignoring that comp halo has always been this way prior to them essentially grabbing it by the balls

I don't think I can go back to sprintless Halo. The movement is what makes Halo 5 so great. And removing the AR wouldn't help the game grow. Thousands of viewers won't start watching the competitive side because of magnum starts. The two aren't related. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Vetoed is one of the only streamers I have seen do a fair amount of evolved/classic settings lobbies. (in addition to the variety of other suggestions he carefully constructs for 343) Would love if some of the pros spent the next couple weeks checking it out in customs 8s, even if just for a break from the grind for pro league. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

From catching up on this debate. Everyone even on here has different opinions on Radar, Sprint and other settings. Getting 343 to make any significant change before pro league is going to be hard enough as it is. When partitions of the "competitive community" are telling 343 they want all 3 versions of radar, different auto placement and both Sprint/No-Sprint how can we expect them to do anything?

Step 1 has to be getting on the same page.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We have to bug and annoy 343 as long as we can till they aknowledge the issues and articles of worlds

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't think I can go back to sprintless Halo. The movement is what makes Halo 5 so great. And removing the AR wouldn't help the game grow. Thousands of viewers won't start watching the competitive side because of magnum starts. The two aren't related. 

by that same token, having ar starts clearly didn't grow the game either. removing it isn't going to hurt growth, especially when it's only up from here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No Radar and No Autos > Sprint is the problem

No Radar, No Autos and No Sprint > Maps are too big

New Radar > Range is too big and doesn't really stop people camping

No Radar, No Sprint, No Autos, Buffed movement speed to compensate for maps > Something similar to past halos?

Can't think of a single positive reason why Auto's need to be in competitive settings, we're past "immersion" of casuals by now right?

• Upvote (+1) 5

*cough* Evolved *cough*

I played some Evolved customs the other day for like 20 minutes and then got bored. It just isn't great imo, I get there's people who like it but sadly I didn't. I would rather play H5 with the new radar.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I played some Evolved customs the other day for like 20 minutes and then got bored. It just isn't great imo, I get there's people who like it but sadly I didn't. I would rather play H5 with the new radar.

If pro players are wanting to try the game without sprint and autos (as the tweets mentioned) then evolved is what they should try. If they want to keep jump height the same to keep clamber then they can. They could make tweaks however they want it's up to them. This isn't about what you enjoy. I'm not gonna say you are a casual loser for not enjoying those settings lol.
  • Upvote (+1) 1