CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I like the idea by virtue that there are a small, but existing, number of deaf gamers out there who can't play off audio cues like hearing rockets fire nearby.

Those players got fucked in BTB by the H3 Missile Pod which would only identify a lock on with beeping. Giving visual cues in addition to the already existing audio cues helps those players out.

Good Guy Tibs

So has anyone been to a Dreamhack's event before? I have no idea what it is really but everything i see/hear about them is it is good.

Anybody got a list of games that are being played at DHATL?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Should be extended mag pistol starts especially if they aren't buffing the magnum. Everyone is gonna get caught reloading now if they try and make pistol plays.

Yeah I just played a magnum only custom FFA and constantly didn't have enough shots for 2 kills and would run out of ammo constantly.

So has anyone been to a Dreamhack's event before? I have no idea what it is really but everything i see/hear about them is it is good.

Anybody got a list of games that are being played at DHATL?

DreamHack events are awesome.

Halo

CS:GO

DOTA

Super Smash Bros Melee

Hearthstone

• Upvote (+1) 6

Be happy about the changes but please, everyone, don't stop holding 343 accountable.

Probably one of the best responses I've seen to the settings update. It's all well and good that they are temporarily removing some shitty aspects of the game that diminishes competitive integrity, but you can't think that by them doing this that they're off the hook. I'm not saying we should still be shitting on them, though they desperately deserve it, but we can't pretend that they're not complete shit. It's great they are temporarily removing the weapons and trying to tweak them, but if they are going to try and force them back in after "tweaking" that's pathetic. If I've seen anything over the last few years, it's that 343 sucks as a competitive-minded entity and are beyond horrible at balancing a game for competition.

These settings are amazing but I'll wait until some form of party restrictions are added before I start playing again. Definitely will start watching more Halo though.

Party restrictions would go a long way in making this game endurable for people that find themselves gaming on Halo alone. I may start watching a little bit more too, but this game drives me insane.

Even with the 25% only going to crowdfunding, the absurd amounts of money for prizes is unreal. When the product is good, the community IS going to support it.

Speaking of.... I need my new compendium already. :ace:

This. Product needs to be better. 343 occasionally takes steps forward, but they take leaps and bounds backward all too often. Of course, everyone makes mistakes, but it seems 343 makes them much more frequently and on a much larger scale than most. In my own opinion, it would go a long way for the underlying game to be more enjoyable on a base level.

I don't think they know how to balance a Halo game properly. I think this is the best option we are going to get.

Couldn't agree more.

Halo

DOTA

Super Smash Bros Melee

Hearthstone

While I do agree with the idea of Halo being at Dreamhack helping it out, I'm still skeptical. The other games are going to be much more prevalent just given how much more popular they are. And on top of that, Smash has an extremely dedicated fan base that (as far as I've seen) not only pledges their support on the internet, but actually shows up at the venues. I think the competitive Halo community truly loves their game, or at least the franchise and competition, and therefore loves supporting, however, the incredibly horrendous leadership of 343 as a developer has made it really hard for fans to actually show up and support (late reveal times and pricing and venues etc.). However, I'm hopeful, as much as I hate the game of Halo 5, that for the sake of Halo esports, Dreamhack events will help propel it forward a bit.

EDIT: The Dreamhack events I've watched for CS have been amazing. Truly entertaining and the competition is phenomenal.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo

DOTA

Super Smash Bros Melee

Hearthstone

CS and Dota were competitive mods of already existing games that eventually became more popular than their parent titles decades ago, and still are very popular to this day, both competitively and casually through CSGO and Dota 2.

Hopefully 343 can learn to understand this and really understand why a strictly competitive focus/high skill ceiling benefits everyone down the ladder. The latest change is a start, but a revision of mechanical things like grenade hit markers, precision weapon tweaking, spartan charge mechanics, etc is sorely needed.

At Dreamhack events, Are you able to go spectate any game there or are you just limited to only spectate one game?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Splinter Grenades are currently:

• A one hit kill, or Tons of Damage
  • A 7 second area denial
  • An airburst projectile (they don't have to hit the target to blow up and kill it)
  • An EMP that disables vehicles.
  • A minor hit stun.

What shocks me is that in Warzone, they can only be obtained by sacrificing bonus shielding or other great benefits or killing certain Promethean foes -- the Warzone designers realized how OP they were and took steps to ensure they were basically non-existent, and even if you did spawn with them, you only get one...but then in Arena, they're on standard timers and originally often spawned in pairs until that was reduced after Much Bitching.

They KNOW Splinters are OP but decided to just make them hard to obtain instead of...you know...balanced.

The first part of your post is great; however, iirc the Warzone MP designers made armor abilities for frags and plasmas as well as splinters, and they both had the same exact effect in terms of +1 max capacity and +1 nade off of spawn. They didn't make these because they realize splinters are as powerful as shield buffs, they made them to put more buffer content in.

• Upvote (+1) 1

At Dreamhack events, Are you able to go spectate any game there or are you just limited to only spectate one game?

You have access to all areas.

If you've never been to a Dreamhack event, I can't recommend it enough.  Truly a fantastic atmosphere and the perfect example of a top-tier esports organizer.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Should be extended mag pistol starts especially if they aren't buffing the magnum. Everyone is gonna get caught reloading now if they try and make pistol plays.

That makes too much sense though... It would also confuse warzone players. No way 343 does that.  :simms:

Please do not mess with the pistol.

(other than extending the mag)

How about the scope?...H1 pistol scope>>>>>>H5 pistol
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I know this hasn't been done before in previous Halo's, but would it break the game in any way to have infinite ammo pistols? Not bottomless clips: you'll still have a clip that needs to be reloaded. But you would never run out of ammo. If a player wishes to only use a pistol, I'm not sure they should be punished if they go on an extended spree and aren't able to pick up more ammo. I guess the argument against this is that maybe picking up ammo from bodies is a necessary gameplay requirement to... force people to leave a superior position? Idk lol just spit balling ideas, and hate when I've gone on a frenzy and next thing I know I don't have any pistol ammo. 

What's the ETA on these settings? And can we expect to see the new radar/no radar in other playlists if implemented into HCS? Cause I'm sick of croucher's in every playlist.

What's the ETA on these settings? And can we expect to see the new radar/no radar in other playlists if implemented into HCS? Cause I'm sick of croucher's in every playlist.

They're coming to proving grounds next week. From there they'll probably make it to Team Arena once they settle on a radar.Dunno about any other playlists.

Complaining about paying 9-16 a $1000 is just stupid. The top 8 will still be competing for $67000 while also just helping out some AM's, who make next to no money in this game, with the cost of travel.

Will 7/8 earn somewhat close to what 9-16 will earn? Probably. But even if you made it a top 8 payout, 7/8 aren't realistically going to be making any more money. Most of it would go to the top 2.

Even it you spread it evenly between the top 8 it's only $250 a player. Pro's are freaking out about nothing.

$250 bucks taxed. That is really nothing tbh in the grand scheme of things.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like the idea by virtue that there are a small, but existing, number of deaf gamers out there who can't play off audio cues like hearing rockets fire nearby.

Those players got fucked in BTB by the H3 Missile Pod which would only identify a lock on with beeping. Giving visual cues in addition to the already existing audio cues helps those players out.

I cant hear out of one ear. This means i cant hear direction and i can only hear the loudest sound. I pretty much cant hear anything when my teammates are talking. Well i hear it but it all sounds like mushed background noise. Its not distinguishable.

Halo 4's footsteps were the bane of my existence. Every1 has an audio radar but me. Frustrating as fuck. Halo 1 on mcc is even worse. They can hear where i spawn and the best i can do is hear them spawn.

Halo 5 would be the same if i played it.

Halo

DOTA

Super Smash Bros Melee

Hearthstone

Sounds awesome.

Talked my friend into going to STL a few months back, i had a blast but he was very underwhelmed.  Maybe if i can get him to go to DH he will have a better time.

• Upvote (+1) 1