CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Understanding SA radar is way more difficult to understand than no radar.

It's not hard to understand. That's the same argument used to justify universal settings, just in reverse.

ezpz

• Upvote (+1) 2

In better news, watching this gameplay on Pznguin's Stream without Autos on new radar is pretty nice. Genuinely seems like a different game.

Understanding SA radar is way more difficult to understand than no radar.

I remember playing MLG for the first time in Halo 3. "Oh look there's no radar in this mode, that's kinda cool."

Sidenote: It was Heretic Oddball and I got an overkill extermination by throwing out two plasmas front window. I got an overkill extermination within the first 5 seconds of my first ever MLG game. At that point I had Halo 3 for like a month and was a LW 35 and a Swat 35. That was my jam.

giphy.gif

God those medals are so good
  • Upvote (+1) 8

10 pages since I last checked. I thought it meant something was announced and people were discussing it.

Just a fight over Emma Watson. 

:apg:

I've been reading Going Postal by Terry Pratchett these past few days and I came across a passage that I think is very fitting for corporate public relations (with which we of the Halo community may or may not be familiar)...

It was garbage, but it had been cooked by an expert.  Oh, yes.  You had to admire the way perfectly innocent words were mugged, ravished, stripped of all true meaning and decency, and then sent to walk the gutter for Reacher Gilt, although "synergistically" had probably been a whore from the start.  The Grand Trunk's problems were clearly the result of some mysterious spasm in the universe and had nothing to do with greed, arrogance, and willful stupidity.  Oh, the Grand Trunk management had made mistakes--oops, "well-intentioned judgments which, with the benefit of hindsight, might regrettably have been, in some respects, in error"--but these had mostly occurred, it appeared, while correcting "fundamental systemic errors" committed by the previous management.  No one was sorry for anything, because no living creature had done anything wrong; bad things had happened by spontaneous generation in some weird, chilly, geometrical otherworld, and "were to be regretted"*

The Times reporter had made an effort, but nothing short of stampeded could have stopped Reacher Gilt in his crazed assault on the meaning of meaning.  The Grand Trunk "was about people" and the reporter had completely failed to ask what that meant, exactly? And then there was this piece called "Our Mission"...

Meaningless, stupid words, from people without wisdom or intelligence or any skill beyond the ability to water the currency of expression. Oh, the Grand Trunk stood for everything, from life and liberty to Mom's homemade Distressed Pudding.  It stood for everything, except anything.

*Another bastard phrase that'd sell itself to any weasel in a tight corner.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

H3 medals and announcer will always be the best imo.

100% H3 is the blueprint for the style Halo 6 and beyond should try to follow as far as basically every aspect of the art and UI design

• Upvote (+1) 3

100% H3 is the blueprint for the style Halo 6 and beyond should try to follow as far as basically every aspect of the art and UI design

Art style yes, UI should be based off Reach. Reach is still the best console UI to this day and 343 changed that as well because they're idiots. Whoever's idea Halo 4's menu was is a moron and should be fired.

• Upvote (+1) 5

IS THIS MAN A JOKE? 

Maybe it's just me but when the most memorable thing from your event was a strand of sad balloons maybe lay low for a little while...

Jesus. 

FUCK. See you guys in a few days

dU9KunC.gif

I liked Reach's medals the most. Loved the impression of depth and metal they gave off.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Agreed except I realy like the forerunner style they have and the H3 UI is not really that different from H5. Reach would be better.

Woke up. Checked twitter. No news. Catch up on Beyond. Posts from 7 hours ago complaining update isn't out. At that point I predicted this thread would get a bit crazy

I'm the first to give people the benefit of the doubt, because shit happens, but this is pretty ridiculous.

$50 says if @@GH057ayame takes off his hat that his hairline recedes farther than my avatar's.

$100 i bet it is a very thin widows peak

• Upvote (+1) 1