CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It seems my post was misunderstood. I'm a huge advocate for lax roster rules. Frequent team changes are a deep-rooted part of competitive Halo culture and I see no reason to change that in hopes of attracting super orgs that won't stick around more than a month anyway.

I was agreeing with you. The system is fine.

With ar starts, dastroyed might as well retire

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shame Scorpio looks so good.

I bought Xbox for Halo 1.

I bought Xbox 360 for Halo 3.

I bought Xbox One for MCC.

Not a chance in hell I'm buying Scorpio for 343's Halo.

So true, playing games like battlefield 1 or Witcher 3 on the equivalent of a high end PC's ultra settings is pretty enticing to me though. (I have never owned a high end PC)

AR start gets removed, PG radar gets implemented, who gets better who gets worse?

(can be teams or individuals for extra spice)

• Upvote (+1) 6

We will all be smarter after E3. I personally won't be getting it unless I will need it to play new Halo.

AR start gets removed, PG radar gets implemented, who gets better who gets worse?

(can be teams or individuals)

I think a team like the HWC 2017 EG would have gotten considerably better. It seems like 2gre is done though. The twins will probably benefit a lot though still. Newer AM players who made their name in Halo 5 could have a hard time adjusting, imo. Should be interesting to watch, especially if they remove AR's.

• Upvote (+1) 1

they should remove autos from the map and replace them with different kinds of magnum, having one person with an automatic is pretty op and unfair

Yeah it would be like someone running around with rockets or a sniper rifle. Totally unfair.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That would end up being a little irrelevant outside of single player games since you'd end up wasting the bulk of the advantage waiting on original Xbones to finish loading in multiplayer games. I think it would be a nice accessory though.

Regardless - if you're paying top dollar for a "next gen" system that uses the same speed hard drive from my 2009 laptop then you're not getting your money's worth.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Ryanoob, APG, Mikwen, Ninja, Pistola, and Ogre 2 (if he still plays) I feel could improve more from the new radar. I don't know who could get worse. I will edit in the future.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah it would be like someone running around with rockets or a sniper rifle. Totally unfair.

well it is actually. 

Teams:

I feel teams with hectic communication (NV, EG, Roboxide) are going to struggle a bit.

Optic comms are always on point so I think they will only get better.

Players:

Contra will be a beast IMO.

El Town might struggle a bit with no ARs

Post of the century!

While AR starts are wholly needed and will greatly help to slow down chaotic play and put more stress on overall gunskill, I don't see the PG radar having any large impact (or at least the desired impact) on gameplay in the long run. Players are still going to sprint, movement is still going to be at a premium. I'd rather radar is just removed entirely. Pro players are good enough and their awareness is (or should be) good enough that it isn't necessary.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Regardless - if you're paying top dollar for a "next gen" system that uses the same speed hard drive from my 2009 laptop then you're not getting your money's worth.

I would rather pay $50-$100 less for the console and just hook up an SSD in an external enclosure like I do now. Additionally, people have pointed out that hard drive position in the Scorpio internal diagram suggest it might be swap-able.  

you can just play Halo 6 on PC, if it turns out to be great ... H5 is literally the only reason I own a console at this point

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hoping with changes to the game we see more of pro/money 8s.

The last couple days have been awesome.

With all this talk of removing ARs it makes me wonder if they're going to remove the on map autos like the Storm Rifle and SMG as well considering how dominant they are at close range.

Who cares about the hard drive speed? You can just hook up just about any hard drive you want.

• Upvote (+1) 2

But what if it's a properly made H3A?  :intensifies:

Older pros will get better. 

Victory X and the twins especially will improve.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Who cares about the hard drive speed? You can just hook up just about any hard drive you want.

ZEVc9uplCUJFu.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

FYI Snipedown is streaming H3 customs if anybody is interested in some actually good Halo settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But what if it's a properly made H3A?  :intensifies:

Then it'd be sad to buy a console to play a 10 year old game.